Procore for the win.
December 13, 2018
Procore for the win.
Score 10 out of 10
- Project Management
- Quality & Safety
Overall Satisfaction with Procore
Our new commercial construction department uses Procore. It helps us keep up with the job progress from the office and eliminate trips to the job. We utilize checklists to help our guys keep up with what needs to be completed for our inspections in the field. Each of our trucks has an iPad. They always have the latest drawings and cut sheets with Procore. It really helps the guys having all the information they need about the job right in one place and easily accessible.
- The support is amazing. Live chat or by phone. They always are able to walk you through anything that you may not be familiar with.
- Ease of use. We have many employees that aren't real comfortable with computers or technology and they have been able to pick up on the software and navigate the program easily.
- Save time and money. We have been able to be more efficient using Procore. We had problems with guys forgetting things on the job and failing inspections. We have checklists in Procore that they check off before inspections and have greatly reduced our inspection failures. We are able to get them the cut sheets and changes to the plans quickly to keep the jobs moving forward. When they go to the job they have the address and contact info for the contractors they need to communicate with. This greatly reduces phone calls and questions to allow us to focus on other aspects of the jobs.
- Sometimes the program doesn't want to load the daily logs from each day or the program may down for maintenance. This gets frustrating at times.
- Would be nice to be able to run a daily log report from the iPad. You can from the computer but no the tablet. You have to go day by day looking back. Without knowing the exact day we were there last, it takes some time. We usually put what needs to happen when we go back in the daily logs tabs. When the guys are looking on the tablet it takes a while to find the last entry.
- The drawings tool could use some work. It doesn't pick up the plan names very consistently. Most of the plans we have we have to manually enter the plan number and name.
I have not had experience with any other programs like Procore. We were approached with Procore and really though it could help us out. We did not look for any alternative options.
We have used Procore within our company. We have all of our around 40 employees as users. The GCs and subs we work with don't really use Procore. We have worked with a couple GCs that have it but really have not integrated ours with theirs. We have benefited from being able to access the information from anywhere from the ipad for our employees. Wherever they are with data service they can access the information they need to complete the job.
- We have definitely saved paper. In the past we printed out a large set of drawings for each job. Most of the times multiple sets as they get messed up in the field. Now most of the jobs we do, we don't even print out one set. My guys find it easier to just look at the ipad and carry that around the job with them.
- We have all heard the phrase " Time is money" We save time by eliminating phone calls and questions. My guys have all the info they need right on the ipad. Procore saves my time by not having to be onsite near as much. I do estimating as well as project management. By allowing me to see job progress and pictures in the office each day, i don't have to make near as many site visits to keep things running smoothly.
- Overall we save much more money with Procore than what it costs.
- Gain visibility into projects
- Ensure information is accessible and up to date
- Document job site conditions
- Report on incidents and inspections
- Track cost impacts from the field
- Simplify employee time tracking
Procore allows us to have pictures and daily logs of each day on the job. My guys put a description of what was completed that day as well as what needs to be completed the next day we are out there. They also put a list of material that will be needed. This helps us know what got done and if we are keeping in line with the project schedule. If we have a different crew going out the next day, there isnt a question of what needs to be done or what material is needed. The Daily log and drawings tools are two tools we use the most.
We have had very few problems integrating Procore into our company. Many of my employees have had no problem using the program. Many of them have installed the app on their phone and use it everyday. We have a few older employees that aren't very good with computers and they have had very little trouble navigating the app.
Procore is well suited for mid to large companies that do longer duration jobs. Really helps to keep all aspects of the job in one place. It is an investment but i believe it is worth it. For smaller companies that may be doing 2-3 day duration jobs, i don't see Procore being a huge benefit.