August 02, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
Qlik Sense Enterprise
Overall Satisfaction with Qlik Sense
QlikSense is being used by the network planning community to visualise data formed from various primary data sources of inventory and customer information to formulate decision making on growth and future investment. It is used to monitor and provide a window for planners to view possible "network at risk" issues or demand changes that require short term remedial action. It solves many of the issues of establishing a single source of truth, that planners can rely on. The volume of data that is processed daily/weekly/monthly makes heavy use of pre-processing and date dependent versions of data allowing comparison of versions.
- Out of the box [makes it] easy for Excel / Access user to get started
- Visual interface easy to use from novice to expert
- The flexibility to perform data ingestion and pre-processing into QVDs
- In organisation with a large number of teams and apps, a better front end category based or hierarchy based menu to find and execute the app.
- More flexible tiling on the app selection to scale tab cascade roll through etc.
- Data column selection could be improved to allow table, field drop view / expansion
Do you think Qlik Sense delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Qlik Sense's feature set?
Did Qlik Sense live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Qlik Sense go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Qlik Sense again?
- Manual handling reduced and released SME's to respond to issues rather than crunch data
- Quicker way to provide new starters knowledge
- Customise to support management reporting needs both repeated and ad hoc
Millions of records, hundreds of data sources, thousands of fields with misaligned naming and data, some clean others needing cleaning, Qlik Sense made the task to join and develop the views needed to understand where gaps were.
Each product has its strengths/weaknesses, [but] Qlik Sense offered the best approach to leverage the investment in knowledge used in our earlier dashboards formed in Qlik View and transitioned many two step applications ie. extract/join data SQL and present in Microsoft applications into one app does all.
When you have large data sets from multiple sources and you need to apply screening, interpret and add filtering/category fields then view you data from macro to micro detail, then Qlik Sense is the tool you need. The distribution of the application to non Qlik Sense licensed end viewers can be an issue if you need to rapidly expand especially in an organisation that is adopting Agile at scale, with flexible and fluid work groups.