July 31, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Qualaroo Insights
Qualaroo is used across our company to survey visitors to our website. It allows us to validate questions, design, and collect valuable feedback which we use to improve and better serve our audience.
- Advanced options for implementation, and survey options.
- Quick and easy to create a survey and collect feedback.
- Customer support is among the quickest, friendliest, and most helpful I've encountered.
- The new UI took some time to get used to, but overall it's an improvement and there was plenty of communication before the change and afterwards, including tutorials.
- The amount and types of integrations are great, but it would be nice to see further integrations with other optimization tools and Adobe Analytics.
- It would be great to see more information on advanced implementations such as triggering a survey after specific events, or conversion paths.
- Increased understanding of persona and broad demographic information of our visitors.
- No observable impact to our conversation rate while conducting surveys to gain further insight into our pages, and visitors needs.
- Discovery of specific feedback of what is missing and not working on pages which have allowed us to take those insights, turn them into hypotheses, and test.
I've used other survey tools in the past, like SurveyMonkey, but the closest tool that I've used in the same way is the poll functionality in Hotjar. I find that both are good tools to survey visitors, but Qualaroo provides further advanced features and ease of analysis than relying on Hotjar alone for surveying.
Qualaroo is a great resource to ask visitors specific feedback on a redesign, who they are in terms of demographics, or why they are not taking a specific action on a high value page. Qualaroo is probably not best suited for a page, or situation, where you want to limit the amount of interaction your site has with a visitor.