Overall Satisfaction with Qubit
We are using the Qubit platform to help us test and optimise our main B2C sites which specialise in the sale of attractions and experiences around the world. Working closely with Qubit's strategy team, we implement tests across the sites with a focus on the product pages and booking funnel. The aim is to generate marginal gains enabling more customers to find what they are looking for and ultimately compete their transaction.
- Qubit have an excellent understanding of our business and the challenges we face
- They are able to help us implement 'best practise' enhancements based upon their experience working with other clients in non-conflicting industries
- Some of the tests we do are centred around disrupting the users' journey to draw their attention to a particular message. At the moment, some of the solutions offered for desktop users do not translate to mobile and tablet, so this is an area that need to be improved.
- We've seen a significant uplift on a number of tests we have implemented, leading to incremental sales worth over £500,000 this year.
- The platform has also enabled us to learn more about our customers and their booking behavour
I think it depends upon where you are in the cycle of optimisation with your site. For small to medium sized sites with traffic of up to 250,000 unique visitors a month, I think Qubit are ideal. For high volume sites, I'm not sure how effective they would be for those looking to do a lot of MVT. We are not at that stage just yet so I can't comment on that, but for basic A/B testing they are ideal.