Overall Satisfaction with Quick Base
QuickBase is used across the company for departmental process automation requirements. Moving from spreadsheets to database.
- Can spin up basic grid and forms
- Database creation and creating relationships are fairly simple
- User profile management, security, roles
- No reporting tool worth a darn. Charting is rudimentary.
- Need to dip into HTML code way too much. Hacking is required too often and will bite us at some point.
- Automations can be hard to create and follow. Pipelines may help.
- Sandboxing is rudimentary.
- Form designer is not very flexible, requiring compromises in user experience.
Yes and no. As long as requirements-gathering and scoping are still done, then simple apps can be spun up fast. More complex requirements require coding and UI/UX tricks to make it down the maturity path. A lot of promise in QuickBase but it feels like they stopped engineering better core features at some point in its evolution.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
With a lot of heavy lifting and coding custom apps were built and are serving the users well. Partner help with good back-end design and using best practices with front-end development.
It was challenging tracing down all the pieces and how they interrelated and interacted with each other. Resorted to mapping it all on paper and create a wiki to keep it all straight.