Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
We use QuickBase for a wide variety of applications, including ERP-type functionality, HRIS, performance management, purchasing management etc. We have over 40 applications in use. Every department in the company makes use of QuickBase. Our business is very complex, with lots of moving parts, and QuickBase allows us to automate workflow and keep track of a myriad of details.
- Approval work flow - a great tool for automating single or multiple approval processes
- Facilitating key metric tracking and reporting
- Project management functionality and timelines
- Performance is not good with large applications. My understanding is that a project is underway to implement a new database engine--this should be a priority. Also should address the issue of table size limitations--we have one table that is very problematic in this area.
- Better "trigger" functionality. The recently added "QuickBase Actions" is a good start--keep expanding that functionality.
- Better tools for documenting applications. Adding a "notes" field to field properties, to allow for documenting the purpose of a field, would be very helpful.
Absolutely. We create applications in minutes or days that would take days, weeks, or even months with traditional DBMS tools.
QuickBase allows "citizen developers" to build basic applications easily and quickly. More complex applications require a higher level of knowledge or the use of a third-party consultant.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
Our QuickBase applications are constantly being updated to better meet our needs. One of Avant's core values is "continuous improvement," and QuickBase is a key part of that strategy--it is very quick and easy to modify functionality and work flows.