May 14, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Online
We use QuickBooks Online for our firm's own accounting and to access some of our clients activity. We chose to use it for the access that it provides to the time and billing by the partners of the firm. In consulting with clients it is very efficient in that we can be on the phone with the client and walk them through steps as both of us can be in the software at the same time; is cuts down on the need to travel to a client. We love it.
- Links with bank accounts to download financial transactions
- Multiple users allowed
- Dashboard is helpful for a quick snap shot of financial status
- When switching from a desktop version to online version the layout is completely different, while not difficult just a learning curve.
- Given the nature of how we bill clients, the time and billing function could be more robust. To provide for ability to adjust time billed without laying out on invoice.
- Better client service - Ability to solve client issues very quickly
- We do now need to make a more conscious effort to get in front of clients
Sage has more features. However, the cost is more, not as stable of a program and have had issues with transactions.
If you are on the go - the online version is great as it is accessible with a internet connection. However, if you are running inventory may not be robust enough.