QuickBooks Online Review
May 27, 2021
QuickBooks Online Review
Score 1 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Online
We use Quickbooks for all of our bookkeeping and payroll for 2 clients.
- It's easy to use
- The implement new features every year
- The dashboard provides quick insights
- Their customer support is disorganized
- Sometimes the new features they implement will work for a couple of months and then they stop working
- Their multi-currency is very limiting
- It has created a lot of cost and in-efficiency whenever we need to talk to support.
- I spent a lot of time setting up their automatic reminders for past due invoices and it worked for a couple of months and then it stopped. It's currently being worked on by their tech team but it has been months and it is still not working. It would have saved me a lot of time.
- Their multi-currency saves time in sending invoices abroad but it's limiting when a customer wants an invoice in USD instead of a foreign currency so I have to set up different customer accounts for different currencies.
Do you think QuickBooks Online delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with QuickBooks Online's feature set?
Did QuickBooks Online live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of QuickBooks Online go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy QuickBooks Online again?
Do NOT use their premium payroll. It's expensive and [I feel like] their customer service is horrible. I spent almost 4 hours trying to get an answer to a simple question about a 941 form they filed. They kept transferring me around to various people and every single time they couldn't find the 941 form I had a question on. I had to do a screenshare to show them where it was! I got disconnected three times and they never called back. They also told me that I would have to talk to the IRS at one point. I refused and told them that they were filing these forms on our behalf, they were doing the calculations so they should be able to answer my questions. I asked several times to talk to a supervisor and they wouldn't transfer me to one. They just said that they could put in a request for a supervisor to call me back in 24-48 hours! It was just unbelievable how horrible it was.
Support for other features [I feel] is very difficult, especially if it's a new feature that Quickbooks has added since the support personnel often don't even know about the new features.
Although the interface is easy to use for a lay person I have often found that when I sign on a new client that they have made several accounting errors that have impacting their P&L and Balance sheet that I've had to go back years to correct. So, I don't recommend it for anyone who doesn't have a basic bookkeeping degree.