Overall Satisfaction with Qvidian Proposal Automation
Qvidian Proposal Automation (QPA) is our RFP Team's primary source for standard proposal language. We have one administrator of the tool who interacts with internal Subject Matter Experts to update standard content on a regular basis. We use QPA as a content warehouse, but it does have more advanced functionality that can respond to RFPs in an automated fashion. However, the warehouse functionality has expanded to include our qualitative content for consultant databases.
- Advanced searching allows users to quickly find exactly what they're looking for.
- Linking allows for similar content records to be updated at the same time.
- Metadata is a great way to provide underlying information about each content record.
- Due to the sophistication of the technology, the tool can be difficult to bring online in a secure network environment.
- Little opportunity for user interaction or discussion within the tool.
- Some functionality is only available for the automation function, while it would still be useful for warehousing functions (merge codes, SalesForce integration, etc.).
- The RFP Team is able to complete proposals faster and more accurately, allowing them to expand their capacity and involve the firm in more opportunities.
- Consultant databases are more fully and accurately populated with qualitative data that is aligned with RFP language, which involves the firm in more searches.
- Internal Subject Matter Experts have a centralized storage location of their content and are able to update it regularly.
While the market for proposal automation tools has changed greatly over the last five years, Qvidian has been at the forefront of innovation and responding to customer needs. Part of this has been through acquisitions, which enables them to feature the best functionalities of their (former) competitors. In my experience, other tools are far less advanced than Qvidian's and are not as innovative in their functionality.
Qvidian offers other products and services that focus on other aspects of the sales process. We have also worked with them on a consulting basis to review some of our RFPs, and the feedback they provide underlies the expertise the firm has in all areas of sales and marketing. Qvidian also hosts a conference each year at which they work with customers on how to improve their usage of the tool and what could be done to improve the user experience.
The tool is well suited for situations where qualitative content needs to be centralized and updated regularly. There could even be opportunities for centralizing quantitative content. When researching similar tools, one should inquire about typical database logic and organization, which Qvidian does well. Technical compatibility and support is also an important consideration.
Using Qvidian Proposal Automation
15 - The RFP and consultant databases teams use the product to access standard content. Product Managers use the tool to centralize and the content that they write so that it can be edited and updated regularly. We also have an administrator for the Qvidian tool who works with all parties on training and content improvement.
2 - There is one administrator of the tool whose manager was a former, part-time administrator of the tool.
- RFP automation
- Consultant databases qualitative alignment with RFP language
- Storage of training documents related to RFP function
- Storage of different file types
- Linking similar content records so that content is aligned