RealVNC Open is perfect for small businesses with little or no IT staffinghttps://www.trustradius.com/remote-desktopVNC ConnectUnspecified8.2811012014-01-28T21:09:47.112Z
Updated January 28, 2014
RealVNC Open is perfect for small businesses with little or no IT staffing
Score 10 out of 101
We have been using RealVNC Open 4.0 for over 8 years. We chose this software because the GNU General Public License allowed us to save on support costs. It is very easy to deploy, use and manage. Our Help Desk call center uses the software to remotely login to user's computer to assist user's in troubleshooting their software issues. The software package is very small, does not utilize much resources and runs very fast.
- Help Desk remote desktop administration. Custom software installation and deployment
- RealVNC Viewer is a very small program and can be installed easily on IT Help Desk workstations. Easy to use, no training required.
- Easy to deploy and configure firewall ports
- GNU Public License
- New version are no longer available with the GNU Public License
- RealVNC Open 4.0 lacks many features the new versions have
- RealVNC Open 4.0 default install conflicts with Windows Remote Desktop Connection.
- Free. There is no cost involved
- No extensive training required
- Easy to install, take no time to deploy
very fast, easy to deploy and manage. We have also used TightVNC, another GNU public license alternative. TightVNC has many more features, bells and whistles but the installation exe package is also much larger. We find that RealVNC still runs much faster within our network.