Great for Small Businesses
February 06, 2017
Great for Small Businesses
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Robly
We use Robly as our one and only email marketing solution. We send out emails once a month, with some fun and interesting articles, to highlight specials and other social media outlets, as well as some that are just value added for our clients and maintain a balance between pushing our own articles and providing something free (to not come off too pushy/salesy). We also have email blasts for specials, to appeal to those only using our newsletter as their social media connection, so we can keep them up-to-date as much as our Facebook and Twitter followers.
- Ease of use: Robly is very intuitive and easy/fast to use, so you don't spend too much extra time on formatting, etc.
- Pushing to social media: Robly makes it easy to push to other social media outlets at the same time as publishing, saving extra time to sign in and post to those outlets specifically.
- AI sending: Robly offers the option to send emails at different times of day in different parts of the world, which is helpful when your clients are international, like ours.
- Text formatting disappears in certain situations - we duplicate our campaigns, so we can maintain the same template we customised when starting with Robly. When we use this duplicate campaign, and highlight text in text areas, the formatting doesn't come up. This means we have to add another text area, and retype the text, wasting time we don't believe we should have to. Every time we save a campaign and go back, we encounter the same problem.
- Auto save doesn't always work 100% - sometimes when we change text/photos, and click on another area, the text reverts back to the text we had before, and we need to type it again. This doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it can be frustrating.
- New content boxes always need to be reformatted - it would be nice if they offered a "default" formatting that could be accessed easily for a campaign, so that the new content is already in the format you want it to be. When you duplicate a campaign, this formatting would remain. It would save a lot of time for us.
- Subscribers have left - we're not sure why, since our content hasn't changed much, and we think our template has improved a lot since our last email marketing company...we think it might be how it appears to some people on their email client, but we can't be really sure. We wish we knew why so many people unsubscribed since we've joined Robly.
- Our new blast emails have been very effective! That's more on our end than anything, but the fact that it is so easy and fast (much more so than our old email marketing company) has made it much more practical to send these emails than it would have been before.
- The ease of use has meant less time spent on creating our newsletter campaigns, which has allowed more time for other things overall.
Robly has been much more cost effective, which is very important for us, since we are a small business. It is easier to use than Constant Contact, though we now have a significant dip in our subscribers since we've made the switch. Constant Contact didn't even compare in visual aesthetic to the templates available from Robly, while we haven't noticed a decline in service from one company to the others, in terms of features and customer care.
Robly is good for small businesses like ours - good price, and excellent customer service (even if they aren't always able to help, they are always fast and pleasant). The campaign builder is very easy to use, even for beginners (like some of our staff). There are some bugs that still need to be worked out, sadly, but in time we believe they would be good for all businesses, big and small.