Scale is wonderful, not only as a virtualization platform but for increased DR capabilities as well.https://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012018-10-02T16:12:27.811Z
Updated March 05, 2019
Scale is wonderful, not only as a virtualization platform but for increased DR capabilities as well.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
It is used across the whole organization. We use it as our core VM platform. It is a major component of our Disaster Recovery policy as well with live snapshot replication. The capability to live migrate between nodes and to instantly spin up snapshots made this an easy decision for my organization
- Snapshotting - Scale is great at scheduled snapshots to add a layer of redundancy to any DR plan. it can also send snapshots to a remote scale system to act as a VM platform and a DR platform all at once
- Cloning - If there is an issue with a machine, it is extremely easy to clone it and work on it outside of production
- Ease of use - overall getting it set up required 2 or 3 command line commands and the nodes did all the work themselves. Uploading ISOs is easier in Scale than any other hypervisor I've ever used
- Replication - We utilize a second set of nodes in our DR site that all core servers replicate to hourly. We have never had an issue with failed replications over a VPN
- More support for importing VMs from XenCenter
- I wish the main interface was more organized, I know the users can make it very organized by using tags and such, but by default, it is very chaotic
- Better logs for admins to understand what is going on. The current logs don't let us know anything outside of knowing we need to contact support
- The ability to expand drive size instead of requiring cloning
They are very quick to contact us when we put in a ticket and they work to resolution quickly
Everything from active directory to banking software. It is easy to scale up, not so much to scale down.
- The best overall thing I can say about Scale is the increased DR support. If something fails with the scheduled snapshots we have a 10-minute recovery window so we never lose more than 10 minutes of data.