Extremely Happy With Scale Computinghttps://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-03-22T17:33:15.243Z
March 22, 2019
Extremely Happy With Scale Computing
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
Our H3 nodes are serving our entire organization running seven Windows servers including domain controllers, exchange, file server, antivirus, network monitoring, systems management and one Linux server hosting our intranet site.
- "Single pane of glass" management is fantastic. So it is easy to make changes to compute and storage settings.
- System Reliability: the system has been completely reliable. Ran flawlessly when a disk was lost. Replacing the disk was easy and rebuilt without any issues. Upgrading versions was easy and without issues.
- Support: has been exceptional. Very easy and fast to reach and helpful with every question or concern that we've asked them.
- Migration from our old servers went flawlessly. The third party vendor that installed and migrated us did an excellent job.
- Built-in secure remote ability that I can enable or disable is awesome.
- Reducing storage space is a bot more involved than any other processes but I've never had to do that.
It's very easy to reach support. Responses have always been very fast. They've been very helpful and supportive whether it's a simple operating question or a deeper troubleshooting issue. They stay with the issue until it gets resolved.
We were very liberal in our initial resource setup and at just over a year in have not had to make many adjustments. But when I have made them it's so easy. We migrated our Exchange to Scale and a few months later upgraded it without any issues at all. Our domain controllers, file server and utility servers have all functioned perfectly.
- Very positive impact: it's ease of use, flexibility and reliability have given us tremendous peace of mind.
- We could never afford to purchase a physical test server. Having the ability to set up a virtualized test server, use it, then delete it makes life so easy.
- We setup a single HC3 at another location for backups and disaster recovery. Very cost effective and gives us great peace of mind.
As part of a two-man department, I was unable to evaluate other products but spent a great deal of time reading about other systems, watching webinars and talking with sales reps for other products. Scale was one of only three companies that responded to our RFP. Not only did they meet all of the qualifications but were also extremely price competitive. We believe that we got a lot of bang for our buck.