Overall Satisfaction with Shopify Plus
As a company, we historically generated revenue through a subscription service to our app, as well as paid media advertisements. Last May we decided to introduce a third line of business - eCommerce. We adopted Shopify Plus in August to help us scale our eCommerce business, and bring our product offering to our 50+ million user base.
- Customer support - Shopify Plus gives us top tier support, which allows us to jump to the top of the support queue anytime we have a question. Support is available via live chat, email or phone. For more technical questions, we can book a call with our account manager who connects us to the appropriate resource at Shopify.
- Ease of use - It was incredibly easy to stand up an eCommerce business on Shopify Plus. The platform is intuitive to use and allowed us to get up and running quickly.
- Customizations - It has been very easy to customize our shop to the look and feel of our brand. You can either install a theme from the Theme Store or let designers and engineers run wild to create their own.
- Reporting - The native reporting in Shopify is not as in depth as one would hope. They often rely on third party apps to fill any gaps they've missed. For example, it would be nice to be able to input the costs of your products included in the Shopify admin so we can run reports with margins included.
- Business guidance - We haven't received a ton of advice in terms of business suggestions or guidance. It would be great to guide those merchants who are new to eCommerce to help them navigate pitfalls and common problems.
- Consistent Branding - With Shopify Plus we can clearly brand our shop to stay consistent with brand guidelines, giving out users the best experience possible.
- Mobile Shopping - Our theme is mobile optimized, so our users have a great experience no matter what platform they view from. We are also in the process of bringing our store to a mobile app, which should provide a superior experience to the mobile web.
Squarespace is a platform meant for creating websites/blogs that also has an eCommerce component layered on top. Conversely, Shopify Plus was build from day one with eCommerce in mind. This is evident throughout the experience, especially with regards to order management, and bulk product imports.
Shopify Plus is well suited for those running a medium-scale business. It is not needed for a new merchant running a small operation. It is also likely not suitable for a larger business generating a few million in revenue per quarter.