Overall Satisfaction with Shopify Plus
We use Shopify Plus as the e-commerce front-end for our flagship websites, including MMAWarehouse.com and BJJWarehouse.com.
- Very slick and well-designed interface, the easiest cart backend we've ever worked with
- Enterprise-level features at a very affordable price
- A very extensive app store with truly turnkey apps
- Better multi-store management
- More robust promotion and upselling capability (without apps)
- Pricebooks for scheduled pricing
- Scheduled content management
- Increased conversion rates on desktop, but especially mobile
- Faster deployment and testing of third-party apps
- Huge cost savings for not just the platform, but also on several third party integrations
We found BigCommerce to be almost identical to Shopify in many ways, but Shopify had more apps in their marketplace and we couldn't find another significant difference at the time.
I would recommend Shopify Plus to businesses that want a hands-off store with most of the latest and greatest features and a highly converting mobile experience. It may not be suited for a business with the need for many sites or for a business with thousands of products that doesn't want to also use a complementary inventory management system or PIM.