Overall Satisfaction with Sisense
We use Sisense across many departments within our organization. Primarily by our sales team who uses it to track their KPIs (revenue vs target by rep/department, open AR by rep, current and projected pipeline, etc), as well as our product management team, our purchasing department and our consumer sales / eCommerce team. It helps us give a clear picture of our sales performance at a category or even SKU level and compare that against our target revenue as well as give the margin story. It enables us to ask and answer more complex questions about our dataset.
- In particular, the ability to easily model data within the Sisense ElastiCube, re-build the data and see the changes reflected within our dashboards is great.
- SiSense's ability to make short work of large data sets to answer questions is impressive.
- Sisense allows you to easily pull data from multiple sources. If you have data, it can use it.
- The filtering and formula capabilities within Sisense are strong.
- Being so powerful, the ElastiCube must be carefully built especially with larger data sets - too many connections or the wrong ones between tables can lead to queries that eat up all system resources, requiring a reboot and disrupting the production environment.
- Sisense is very customizable and flexible, but sometimes it is surprising that some simpler features are not available; for example, you cannot change up or control your font size/color or other presentation elements at all without scripting.
- Emailing dashboards is very limited, particularly with larger widgets (like pivot tables). Furthermore the email scheduling doesn't allow you to choose a specific schedule or certain recipients.
Few companies worked as hard to gain our business as Sisense - they were committed to getting us a working demo using our actual data to show us it was possible. Sisense isn't the cheapest but it is not the most expensive either by far. The single stack approach [played a role in our selection].
Sisense is especially well-suited to a company without a data warehouse already. Further, for companies like us who have a smaller number of users, we found it to be fairly affordable. For customers with a larger need for redundancy of data, stronger uptime etc., the basic version would not suffice but Sisense does have some options now for building a more sophisticated architecture.