We use it for project management in Marketing. The marketing department is assigned tasks in smartsheet but the projects we work on are for other departments and they have view only access to so they can see the status.
- It is good for building reports. For example, I have a report that I use for all tasks assigned to digital engagement and I go through the list with the team each week.
- It is good for collaboration. At our organization, we use the comment and discussion sections to provide notes and updates on projects and attach drafts and final products
- It is good for scheduling and tracking. For example, when we have a print piece or email going out we put can put the start date and finish date and track the progress to meet deadlines.
- Assigning multiple people to a task. I figured out how to do this but it took awhile.
- For the most part its intuitive but some functions take awhile to figure out.
- Increased employee efficiency because it holds people accountable for their assigned tasks
- The ability to archive and document our work has helped us be better organized and reference past projects and that is helpful with planning and strategy of future projects