Smartsheet - I will quit my job if I can't have it!https://www.trustradius.com/project-managementSmartsheetUnspecified8.63311012019-04-25T18:31:35.167Z
April 25, 2019
Smartsheet - I will quit my job if I can't have it!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
Many of my colleagues use Smartsheet as a project management tool. My department has been using it for 5 years and it has transformed our processes by streamlining tasks and providing transparency to key stakeholders. We have implemented automated approvals which has cut down on emails and human errors.
- It allows for attachments and notes at the row level; this keeps many of our documents organized and viewable on the mobile app and for all those who have rights to see the sheet.
- The automated approval process has cut down on manpower by 10%. This has resulted in increased productivity by eliminating repetitive but necessary steps.
- Reporting - this allows the roll-up of information that reaches across multiple Smartsheets. Important information can be realized at a glance rather than looking at many spreadsheets. It also allows for the sharing of only necessary information to stake holders.
- The mobile app has given me freedom to access the sheets at any time without having to store documents and information in multiple platforms.
- It would be helpful when importing an Excel spreadsheet if the format would remain the same; such as the color of the rows and columns.
- Sometimes when viewing rows on the mobile app, they don't align properly when scrolling across.
- I would like to see more in-depth training videos.
- It has increased productivity by at least 20% allowing our department to take on more work but with less administrative costs.
- It has allowed us to provide transparency and reporting to key stakeholders. Many people in our organization use Smartsheet so it has been an easy transition to use it.
- Smartsheet keeps our data protected and organized so we do not have to print information - it is ready at our fingertips with the use of the mobile app.
- MS SharePoint
The functionality of Smartsheet really does not make this a fair comparison. Smartsheet has version control and not just within the sheet but each cell that contains data. This has been a game changer in protecting the integrity of information that we work with. Working across sheets and reporting across sheets has been incredibly beneficial.
I use Smartsheet to manage work load between colleagues and freelancers. It is a critical partner of our project management team. A few use cases include response forms with automated row population, alerts to row changes, cell history, formulas, budget/actual dollar spend reports, workload issues on teams, task progress and gantt chart timelines. The functionality potential with Smartsheet is endless! There is a learning curve - especially with reporting and dashboards. I could not do my job without Smartsheet!