Overall Satisfaction with Splunk Enterprise
We use Splunk Enterprise across the entire company to collect log data that allows us to see up/down times of servers and applications. We have customized Splunk a good bit and it is one of the main tools we rely to monitor our server environment and troubleshoot issues when an app/server is down or having errors.
- Monitoring of log data to gauge server status and health
- Dashboards that allows us to view data about servers in our environment
- MOnitoring for fraud/cyber security threats and risks
- We really like the product but there is a steep learning curve and training is definitely required
- Our environment is setup so that you have to be fairly technical to navigate it and get value from it. We need to make our dashboards/reports less technical so the business users get more value from the tool
- Tool is very module driven so you are constantly having to add modules and costs to get new functinality
- Splunk has allowed us to reduce losses via fraud. We have actually be able to monetize how much money it has saved us. This alone has allowed the tool to pay for itself.
- Splunk provides key machine data easily. This data is used for all sorts of processes throughout the company and is very valuable to other systems/departments.
- Splunk has allowed us to closely monitoring and catch items before they impact our large customer facing applications. It is hard to quantify, but this has saved us money by keeping more customers happy.
We have several network and server monitoring tools due to legacy agreements and consolidation of teams over time. We will be eliminating several of these tools because Splunk does so much that they are not all needed. We have also customized Splunk to meet other needs in a effort to have a single platform for monitoring our environment.
Splunk does a great job of collecting and monitoring machine data. We have use it to reduce fraud/cyber crime loses and we have been able to see a measurable return since using the product for this purpose. It is very extensible so you can continue expanding what the tool does over time. There is added expense with this, but it may be worth it in the end.