Sprout Social Review: "Sprout is Okay, But Not Great for Us."https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-managementSprout SocialUnspecified7.92591012013-10-27T13:45:58.554Z
Overall Satisfaction with Sprout Social
- Platform is great for engaging users on Twitter.
- Platform makes it easy to collaborate with other team members to assign tasks and communicate internally.
- The platform is very user-friendly and well-designed.
- I love that they integrate scheduling for Google +. This is not available on many other platforms and is a big draw for us.
- The Twitter comparisons are helpful - they allow you to compare your brand on Twitter to your competitors in a very broad overview.
- While Sprout is very easy to schedule, there are some deficiencies. For instance, tagging Facebook users is not possible through their platform. This is very inhibiting. Also the scheduled posts only can appear as a feed and not as a monthly or weekly overview, which would be helpful.
- I find the reporting to be pretty lacking. It doesn't allow any customization and the data it reports is similar to what you could see through Facebook or Twitter analytics. It doesn't offer any time-over-time comparisons, sentiment analysis, keyword analysis, or any overall brand analysis. This is largely the reason for my negative feelings about the platform.
- Increased employee efficiency through scheduling.
- Lack of reporting data has created decreased employee efficiency because manual reports are needed weekly to supplement Sprout reporting.
- We do not use the platform as much for engagement due to brand restrictions, so some of Sprouts shining achievements are not beneficial to us in particular.
I would like to find a platform that offers better and more comprehensive analytics while also offering complete scheduling tools for Facebook and Google +, maybe even Pinterest. I haven't found that yet which is why I haven't switched but as soon as I do, I will switch.
If the colleague is using Sprout as a brand to answer questions of their users and engage followers and find potential new followers it might be a great tool. If you need a robust analytics tool, this isn't for you. If you need to tag other users and pages on Facebook, I would not recommend scheduling through Sprout.