Only 2 devices per account?!
July 09, 2022

Only 2 devices per account?!

Kay Haven | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with SurveyMonkey

We survey students after course completion.

Pros

• Recipients don't have any complaints

Cons

• Number of devices is incredibly limited
  • Know you can only have 2 devices on an account, and price shop accordingly

Do you think SurveyMonkey delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with SurveyMonkey's feature set?

Did SurveyMonkey live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of SurveyMonkey go as expected?

Would you buy SurveyMonkey again?

It has good functionality but isn't intuitive. Leave some time for guess and test.
Disclose that the pricing for an account only includes two devices.
It's fine for people who have one office and a very limited number of devices. We have several office and classroom locations, as well as event venues. With our former survey provider, I could login from any device at any of our locations. No issue. I didn't have to lug a laptop around unless it was an event. SurveyMonkey is already VERY expensive compared to our previous survey provider. Now I've learned that with the standard account, you can only login from 2 devices without paying even more for an upgrade. (Even though you are verifying the account via email every time.) I have a tablet and laptop at home, a desktop at two different offices in the state, plus my phone, plus the laptop in our classroom. I can no longer shoot out surveys on the fly as classes are graduating out. It's now something that I have to do from the office, which is a hassle. I wish I knew this before spending many hours designing our survey in SurveyMonkey. We have logins for countless services like this one and we've never had this issue.

SurveyMonkey Feature Ratings

Vendor-offered crowdsourcing
Respondent restrictions
Access controls
Compliance

Comments

• Tracey Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer
    I agree - IF I COULD GIVE ZERO RATING I WOULD - I may have just lost 2 clients because of Surveymonkey - every time I log in I am forced to remove a device and verify a new one (even though cookies are enabled as instructed) so I have been unable to get into my account for 2 days because I have "reached the limit of device removals" - utterly ridiculous - there is only me using the same devices (1 at home and 1 in my office) - the response is 'you will have to log in on one of the verified devices' - that's my point, it won't let me - doh!!!!!!. My business is now in jeopardy because I have failed to meet a deadline with 2 important clients today - there is no telephone number to contact and they just don't respond to emails or live chats. Not only a waste of money spent but using surveymonkey has cost me business. If I have lost these contracts because of this I will be suing Surveymonkey for the loss as I can prove it is 100% due to their inadequate verification functionality - and I will not be quiet about it.