Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer
We used TeamViewer as a remote help-desk support solution. Many of our users are mobile and we needed a tool that was fast and secure. Using TeamViewer we were able to resolve many issues without having to leave our desks. Also during the holiday season when most of our users worked from home, the support staff could work from home and provide remote support.
- Allows file transfers.
- Quick access list of enrolled computers.
- Can be configured to prompt user to allow or deny access.
- Smartphone and tablet remote access apps.
- I also use Logmein and I like being able to use a web browser to remotely manage computers.
- The interface should be more non-technical user friendly. For example when I use the free version to help friends and family, they get confused about what information they should be telling me. I think there should be an Easy Mode for the non-technical user.
- The interface on the remote computer can impede access to features of some apps.
- Increased support response time.
- Better customer service.
- Lower user downtime.
We selected TeamViewer because of licensing and easier access to client computers. LogMeIn is better suited for managing servers or for managing devices where you want a lot of information at your fingertips, for example LogMeIn gives you CPU information, access to Event Logs, Running Processes, Scheduled Tasks at a glance.
I'm not sure at this time. I no longer work for the company where I used the software. I currently use it to manage my personal computers and to help friends and family.
More useful to help-desk support and helping friends and family. If you want to use for personal use to help someone quickly, they can download and run TeamViewer without installing it on their computer. This will allow you to help them and keep them from worrying about anyone access their computer without their knowledge.