TeamViewer

Great All-In-One solution only if you use it all

May 05, 2022
We used TeamViewer as a remote desktop access to get support users with the different solutions they're using. It was deployed across all …

Quickly connect to remote computers

April 29, 2022
TeamViewer and Tensor provide remote tools that enable support staff to quickly start sessions, elevate permissions, and fix issues. We …

Good tool for desktop accessing

April 11, 2022
We are using TeamViewer for connecting with colleagues. TeamViewer helps to share screens and talk with colleagues. Connecting remotely …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Screen sharing (280)

Over-the-Internet remote session (276)

File transfer (265)

1 user, up to 200 managed devices

Premium

50 users, up to 300 managed devices

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/buy-now

Remote Administration

What is TeamViewer?

The TeamViewer suite of remote connectivity, augmented reality, IT management, and customer-first engagement solutions enable users to connect to any device to support anyone, any process, or anything — from anywhere, anytime. The company says its solution offers secure remote access, support, control and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. The vendor says TeamViewer has been activated on more than 2.5 billion devices and serves at least 40 million concurrent connections at any time.

TeamViewer Features

TeamViewer Competitors

TeamViewer Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is TeamViewer?

TeamViewer provides software for both remote management and online collaborations. With TeamViewer, users have access to fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video communication, including interactive screen sharing and remote access features.

What is TeamViewer's best feature?

Reviewers rate Screen sharing highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses TeamViewer?

The most common users of TeamViewer are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Actually Chrome Remote Desktop is not bad but it having limitations. Security concern also there with Chrome Remote Desktop.
So our management decided to go with Teamviwer which is one of the leading remote access software. it has all the features required for organization which have multiple locations or branches.
The all-in-one aspect seemed great at first and looked like it could justify its price tag. The product's easy setup and great performance were definitely there, and our teams got up to speed really quickly. Unfortunately, after a year or so, we migrated to ConnectWise because the self-hosted option (not having to ask anyone to install the software) made a world of difference for us. We also ended up not using anything but the desktop control and file transfer features.
Steve Lollar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have evaluated Splashtop, which works well with MacOS and Windows devices. Splashtop seems exclusive to mobile and Windows devices only. We do use TeamViewer because it allows excellent remote access to 95% of our users, which are Windows machines. We also have multiple on-premise Hyper V servers that we maintain. Splashtop has a much easier user interface, but TeamViewer does allow much better monitoring and connection tools.
  • BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar)
TeamViewer is a great tool with a well-respected name and a foundation of trust with advanced and intermediate users. We used to have BeyondTrust (Bomgar) in our office and it provided equivalent feature sets but had a dated appearance. Performance with both products is exceptional, and we could only ask for TeamViewer to have a mandatory recording feature.
Rafay Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have selected TeamViewer over AnyDesk because it is more reliable and efficient. The remote connection flexibility is much better than AnyDesk. Also, the filesharing feature of TeamViewer is much more efficient than AnyDesk the rate of transferring files is very fast and efficient, also the public rating of TeamViewer is higher than AnyDesk.
Ho Sung | TrustRadius Reviewer
First of all, the biggest advantage is that it runs directly in Chrome without installation. This is a really big plus. I can focus more on security on my PC. Just because it has a lot of features doesn't mean it's good. Ultimately, users should be able to use it conveniently and when they want without any problems.
Mohammad Mashmoushi | TrustRadius Reviewer
When it comes to low-latency & absolute reliability, TeamViewer is my go-to software for remote desktop management. I find it more responsive & quicker to navigate even when I or the other person I'm connected to has slow internet. Remote operations on unstable or poor networks is something that TeamViewer amazingly handles when compared to other similar programs I've used before, & being able to intuitively transfer files to other computers with utmost ease is one of the strongest suits this software has to offer.
Rakhi Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
TeamViewer is a popular professional choice for remote management for external service providers and for getting team members in different locations together for online meetings. Market leader, TeamViewer, also has its limitations: especially in terms of security and image quality many users are less than 100% satisfied and are therefore on the lookout for alternatives to TeamViewer.
Jay Thakkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
First, I started with TeamViewer, but later I switched to AnyDesk because the pricing perspective AnyDesk gives good pricing compared to TeamViewer. Also, System RAM perspective AnyDesk is lighter than TeamViewer, so I am more comfortable with AnyDesk. I found mobile applications for both TeamViewer and AnyDesk, so it's helpful to share the screen of mobile in the same way as the desktop.
Afridi Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I evaluated AnyDesk because it was recommended to me. Still, I was a very early user of TeamViewer, so I was comfortable with it, and it is easier in file transfer taking access. Without lag, at least for me, as I have 0 lags in my session, so I'm a happy user of TeamViewer, and AnyDesk is a light platform but has glitches in file transfer. Secondly, if I use both TeamViewer and AnyDesk simultaneously, AnyDesk actually worked slowly.
We've used RealVNC and also any desk and both don't stack up to all the features and integrations Teamviewer has to offer. First of all, RealVNC requires multiple software to be installed and Anydesk is just plain jane. TeamViewer provides secure connections and the best software integrations. It may be more expensive than other options but I would consider TeamViewer to be the Tesla of remote connection software.
Malay Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were using multiple remote access/support softawares but the functionality and features provided by TeamViewer compelled us to use it, as we get best security, collaboration solution file sharing, 4K remote desktop access, mobile device access, cross platform access whether mobile to pc and vice versa and its feature as VPN alternative and multi user support sessions features
TeamViewer is the middle-man between the enterprise tool Kaseya NOC Services and the lightweight tool LogMeIn Pro. TeamViewer provides the functionality of monitoring and reporting while easy to use and easy to deploy - sometimes with one click on a button you're connected. While it doesn't have the core-system admin functionality of Kaseya NOC Services and the rootkit tools, it does provide remote connectivity in a very optimized way. The TeamViewer app is more widely used and trusted in IT then LogMeIn Pro and we decided TeamViewer as the cost difference was negligible
Klaas Schippers | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere (DRE)
When looking at a product like TeamViewer, it's worth looking at DameWare REmote Everywhere (DRE) as well. We eventually went with TeamViewer because this tool is more known and works better with consumers. The Link to Teamviewer with our brand's name in it helps bring that secure feeling that you want your customers to have. If you only need to work remotely in-house, a tool like Damware Remote Everywhere could just be what you need.
February 11, 2022

Remote Tools Review

• SolarWinds Dameware Remote Everywhere (DRE)
TeamViewer is fully featured while other tools (Dameware) have more options but can be a more involved configuration. In comparison to Remote Utilities, the import features are just about the same for bulk import of active directory or CSV files. I feel TeamViewer stacks up very well against all the competition, including VNC, which can be cost-effective, but not as full-featured with security features as TeamViewer in my use cases.