Tenrox: for richer or poorer, in good times and bad...
Overall Satisfaction with Tenrox Professional Services Automation
- User interface on time entry is simple to use.
- Reporting abilities are basically unlimited. If you put the information in to Tenrox, there is a way to report on it.
- Customer Service/Support not only at implementation but even after [becoming] an established user.
- Simple to set up new clients/projects/billing rules/rates/tasks/users/etc.
- The expense user interface and entry is not simple to use.
- I would like to see all entries needed by a user if multiple licensing features are purchased to be available at one screen. For example, if you have time and expense licenses in Tenrox, then the user can make entries for both features on the same screen.
- Ability to report on time and expense on the same reports without having to pay Tenrox for a custom report. You can only report on time or on expense. To get the information on one combined report, you have to have a custom report created.
- Tenrox enabled our company to continue to grow at an extremely high rate of speed and keep up with the payroll and invoicing needs that were changing along the way. We were in a manual system for processing previously with about 75 employees total and more than doubled in 6 months which made our process very difficult.
- Tenrox provided reporting to track charges that were not being billed that could be, allowed us to change the way employees entered billable and non-billable time, improved efficiency of administrative team and project managers.
- Tenrox allows us to provide detailed work reports for our clients to show description of services provided by running a single report over a given amount of time without having to keep hand written files that provided the same information previously.
Kronos is the system we use for payroll, as set by our corporate office. We have looked into configuring Kronos to be used as we use Tenrox now. We did not look into Kronos at the time of choosing Tenrox, only afterwards has it been suggested by our corporate office. I do not prefer the user interface we have in Kronos currently, but I have not seen what it would look like if it were transformed to how we use Tenrox.
The main thing with all of the systems: evaluating which one to choose is that we have the same issues with all of them. None of them completely contain all of our scenarios or produce ideal results. We felt that Tenrox was the one I could best set up from the beginning in development to get the closest to meet the biggest part of our needs. We were only adding one user group and office at that time. I have since expanded to include two additional office locations for all of our division.
We have discovered over the last few years using Tenrox that we could adapt our needs or processes to fit in the Tenrox box rather than adapting Tenrox to fit in ours completely. I feel like Tenrox would be better suited for a company that has fewer clients and projects over the course of a year, as well as fewer users. We have approximately 350 clients, 21,077 projects in Tenrox at this exact moment (we close projects as we can), 188 active users currently, and 415,635 tasks (some of course assigned to now closed projects).
With this much information hosted through the Tenrox cloud server, we experience increased lag time frequently. This causes a lot of unwanted rejection towards Tenrox in our company.
Upland PSA Feature Ratings
Using Tenrox Professional Services Automation
You need people that can fully understand what it is that your company does from all aspects of the business start to finish to really make Tenrox flow as it should.
- Tenrox removed the need for so much manual entry for payroll and billing that were being done previously.
- The fact that Tenrox can be used by all of our users all over the country in any area is a huge plus.
- Tenrox allows for many different reports to be able to be created depending on what any given user needed to see.
- We are required to use an in-house invoice system (web interface-access database) by our corporate office. We export our invoice data from Tenrox to import to that system so that it is easy to track the information and still remove a large portion of the manual entry we had before.
- Our corporate office requires us to use Kronos for actual punch in/out, time off, time keeping software for payroll purposes. We are able to generate reports from Tenrox to capture the data from remote users to send to corporate for payroll processing through Kronos.
- Project Management
- Service Automation to combine some of the steps we manually take at this point still
Evaluating Tenrox Professional Services Automation and Competitors
- Product Features
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
Tenrox Professional Services Automation Implementation
- Maintaining the current invoicing and system while developing and implementing a new one and avoiding duplication of information in both systems.
- The version of Tenrox when we had implementation was not as user friendly as the current version is so training some of our personnel with far less computer skills was difficult and slow.
Tenrox Professional Services Automation Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Using Tenrox Professional Services Automation
If the expense entry process could be improved completely, it would greatly improve the usability as well.
Everything else within Tenrox, makes everything very user friendly.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Time Entry
- New User creation
- Project Creation
- Client Creation
- Work Type Creation
- Billing Rules
- Creating AdHoc reports
- Running Reports