Updated December 04, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TestComplete
I worked in a quality assurance department at Vertafore (formerly ImageRight) for a few years. The organization used SmartBear's TestComplete and TestExecute to create and execute functional regression test cases for a desktop client application (C# .NET), installation/upgrade testing and for testing server APIs. Despite a few challenges with object recognition and TE performance during the test run, test run completion success rate was over 98%. The test automation team worked with the SmartBear (AutomatedQA) support team to resolve the object recognition and performance problems. SmartBear support is excellent - very quick case turn around and a great knowledge base with forums. It's a great tool and I highly recommend it for test automation!
- Wide variety of supported UI objects.
- XML comparer is very easy to use.
- Excellent technical support.
- Good performance at test execution.
- Automation team had a few challenges with object recognition during the test run. Especially after the windows updates. As soon as SmartBear found that certain Windows updates break functionality, a notification to the customer would be great.
- Overnight test runs allow to receive a real-time feedback on new builds. If your goal is QA/24/7 , then choose TC for test automation .
I used VS2010 CodedUI to create functional tests for the same product/application.
Pros: ability to use a programming language such as C# for coding.
Cons: limited object recognition; MSTest runner does not provide readable HTML reports.
TestComplete Feature Ratings
Evaluating TestComplete and Competitors
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response