"TopDesk 5.7 review, still thinking about whether to update to TD-SaaS"https://www.trustradius.com/it-service-management-itsmTOPdeskUnspecified82071012018-07-09T19:09:45.119Z
Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk
It's used as our main IT Service Management tool. It helps us to log incidents and changes and establish the CMDB. Changes are mainly on the level of the IT-department, but also to support HR-processes like employee-in & -out for the part of processing the access-rights and enable/disable (mail-)accounts. It does not really support our business-process, it is merely there for facilitating those who do. It helps us as an IT-department to use preset flows with automatic updates to the users.
400 - Every office-worker in our company can use TOPdesk. We have a self-service desk where they can apply for applications and access rights. They also can see the status of a reported incident. The more heavy users are in the IT department.
- For the (client)user: easy to use Self Service portal
- If a flow is set-up, it works like a charm
- Possibility to build your own dashboards
- It takes quite some time to master TOPdesk enough. You need some dedicated people then to do this (we have version 5.7).
- Some functionality that I would perceive as basic these days, is not standard. The extra modules you'll have to buy then are then full of stuff you don't need...
- The new SaaS-version is quite costly.
- Interfacing with some other applications (for instance HR) comes with some hassle and consultancy. Feels like you have to tailor too much. Should we not be the only company with some interfaces?
- Neutral impact: we had expected that the self-service desk would be more used for reporting incidents. But people here still prefer to use the phone. It has helped in routing the change-requests better.
Their support desk is very friendly and helpful. Of course, they are sometimes too eager to send you a consultant. If the set-up would be somewhat easier, or the how-to, you'd not need that.
TOPdesk Feature Ratings
Organize and prioritize service tickets
ITSM collaboration and documentation
ITSM reports and dashboards
Asset management dashboard
Policy and contract enforcement
Change requests repository