Overall Satisfaction with Totango
- Totango is being used by Customer Success Managers and Retention Renewals Manager.
- It simplifies our view of all the accounts assigned to us. Helps us easily identify which accounts are new, which to prioritize, possibly at risk, and need more attention. Minimizes the need to switch from one platform to another as we get to see details like MRR Value, license count, utilization, last cadence, etc...
- Great User Interface.
- SF Integration -- updates regularly, every 24 hrs (almost accurate in most details).
- Customizable Reports (allows you to create global and targeted reports).
- Ability to see account history for account assignment (seeing who is the old CSM or AE on the account).
- Integration with Jira Service Desk.
- Cross segment capabilities.
- The ability to create both targeted and global campaigns.
- We can easily create reports and segments that help us monitor the health score, trend, open tickets, campaigns sent and opened.
- A great user interface, not clunky, saves you time.
- Customer Focus (Positive Impact).
- Account tracking, ability to segment and target specific accounts (Positive Impact).
- Time saver (Positive Impact).
Totango's security features have allowed our teams to adopt it without any legal or security issues. This is important as our teams need a tool that can flexibly be used anywhere around the world without running into the strictest of security regulations. Overall, our security and legal team have no issues with Totango.
When I joined the organization, it was at the point where they grew exponentially. Totango was able to scale with this growth and was able to open new customer segments which further optimized CSMs. With the help of Totango's automated campaigns, we saved time and expanded outreach to our customers. Strategically align with customers and keep track of accounts to put more focus on.
Do you think Totango delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Totango's feature set?
Did Totango live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Totango go as expected?
Would you buy Totango again?