Reviews (1-25 of 78)
- Customizable/Scalable as the book of business grows
- Responsive customer support
- Timely management of customer outreach
- Unannounced forced changes to UI (was able to revert)
- Some improvements seem to just create more clicks
- If you do too much at once, the UI can take a second to catch up while it saves changes on the back end
- Client profiles.
- Touchpoint tracking.
- Sometimes segment options/tools are really opaque. There have been times where a certain data point or filter should work, but isn't and no one can tell us why.
- I have no idea how Toatngo's default data values are calculated or why they're calculated the way they are.
- SuccessBlocs are hard to understand.
- We constantly get bad/junk accounts automatically imported into our system via our Salesforce integration. This is another one of those things that were hard to troubleshoot (both for us and Totango), but really slows down our ability to use the tool.
Totango isn't necessarily appropriate if the entire team isn't on board and being consistent. It needs to be wildly adopted and used similarly across all users.
- Monitoring customer success metrics.
- Viewing customer metrics over time for any particular customer to identify trends.
- Automatic health analysis.
- Automatic touchpoint registration.
- Reporting trends for a cohort of customers.
Another way we use Totango is to create customer segments for campaigns we send through Yesware. For example, sometimes we do a "On-Site Road Show" and we encourage our customers to meet with us in person to demonstrate some updates to our Software. So, we crate segments that highlight our customers by area and MRR. It's very cool!
- Task Management- Being able to see when the last touch point was and what new tasks you need
- Health Score- the ability to pull reports just on health score so you are able to identify who to reach out to
- Focus on topics that need attention
- All necessary data available in one place
- Adjustable, with segments to show what we need to focus on and personal needs
- More room to drill down on customer feedback tool
- Access to sales tool for more detail on opportunities
- Metrics can not always be measured black/white, but color codes do not have room for the story behind the figures.
- Track touchpoints
- Segments for gathering data
- Reports and data on customer health
- We have seen a couple of updates made recently that added more steps to tasks.
- There are lots of tools and we probably don't use to its full extent.
- Layout is functional but could be more streamlined.
- How feature requests are presented and then voted on by other users
- Email campaigns are easy to send out
- Creating segments per teams/users is nice but then you have to create a whole new segment when sending out email campaigns. It's double the work.
- Creating reports is nice for like 3 things, but if you want to create reports, in general, it's just not going to show our team what we're looking for. These could use some work for sure.
- The help center was never that helpful for questions I had about segments and such. That being said, maybe our use case was different.
I don't like the timeline feature--not very easy to read through.
- Has the space to include all the information necessary in regards to a brand's activity.
- The ability to create valid and accurate segments.
- Notifications make it easy to keep track of tabs.
- Sometimes can be very slow and the website does not open.
- Sometimes the "stages" of accounts do not record if they are changed too soon.
- You can create segments easily
- As it is a very robust tool, I don't know what features are available to me, I think I use it at the most basic level
- Despite our onboarding manager being very good, I was learning about it before using it so it was difficult to project
- Segmentation is very detailed
- Viewing all customers with ease
- Campaign function is simple and effective
- Health score doesn't add a lot
- Getting to contact details of a person is a hassle
- It's expensive if you have a lot of users.
- Aggregates data out of Salesforce extremely well
- Helps our different teams communicate effectively
- Highlights account health
- Hourly syncs between Salesforce and Totango would be nice.
- An easier segment setup interface
- Extremely easy to identify high-priority tasks and helps delegate these same tasks to my appropriate colleagues with ease.
- Easy to navigate and identify an entire account history.
- Being able to create tasks
- Be able to work with your tasks
- Segments help divide customers
- Touchpoints and Tasks take a very small space on the main page of the company, it could be bigger
- Sometimes it feels a bit convoluted with a lot of features, it would be nice to hide everything the company is not using
In addition we use Totango for usage, campaigns, segmenting our clients, and more!
The account management could be better also. But overall it is the best CRM I have used.
- Success flows.
- Account segmentation.
- Health scores.
- Software reliability - Ensuring or doing the very best for no down-time.
- Email notifications if a certain trigger is activated.
- Beta access for us to try ToTo before a new release is GA.
- It allows me to easily manage my full book of business.
- It gives me a holistic view of my account summary and respective health.
- It integrates with our email and CRM.
- Campaigns are a great way for us to target our customers based on tags as well as geolocation.
- Creating customized segments if I want to monitor a specific group of accounts who share the same tags.
- I liked the attributes at the top of the page so you can see snipits of important information right from the customer page.
- The filter feature was really nice because you could sort or group customers by a number of different metrics to make it easy to find specific attributes of customers.
- I liked how simple it was to create a task and reminder for myself. It helped me to make sure no customers fell through the cracks.
- Unfortunately, Totango didn't integrate with our internal data and other platforms well- like Salesforce.
- We likely didn't implement it well, but I didn't like having a different page for Customer vs. each individual product with the attributes all being the same. Too much duplicate work.
- Apparently not easy to run reports on data.
- Right when you log in, you have a clean view of what your daily to do list is. This is comprised of both manual and automated tasks.
- The overall interface is very visually appealing.
- Reporting is simple and easy.
- I do wish that the system would not log me out as frequently.
- The searching capabilities could be improved.
- Tagging things differently to be able to see groupings of activity types.
- Organizing customers in an easy and efficient way.
- I really like the way tasks are organized in Totango. Easy to see and manipulate the things I have to do that day, week, and month.
- The way we implemented it, there were too many manual attributes to edit.
- In our scenario, things were segmented by customer, but then individually by product within that customer. That was an added obstacle for daily use.
- Good for organizing and keeping tabs on customers.
- Task-based items are perfect.
- Integrating and automatically creating triggers or automated tasks was a struggle.
Totango Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Totango is a customer success platform that is designed to help recurring revenue businesses simplify the complexities of customer success by connecting the dots of customer data, actively monitoring customer health changes, and driving proactive engagements.
According to the vendor, Totango is also the only customer success platform provider that offers solutions for companies that have or sell into multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.
Customer and User Monitoring Platform: real-time monitoring of key account and user-level metrics on product adoption, value delivered, utilization, and operational incidents.
Early Warning System: a system that computes customer health and alerts companies when a customer needs attention based on shifts in health or occurrence of specific at-risk events.
Customer Success Work Management: business process management for customer success managers and executives including account management workflows, best practice automation, team performance measurement, and executive reporting and dashboards.
Customer Nurture and Retention Campaigns: automated, personalized campaigns to drive onboarding and product adoption based on actual user behavior and results.
Customer Analytics: Deep segmentation and analytics capability to discover trends across the customer base, develop benchmarks, and examine rich account and user profiles.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Totango Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Totango Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|