Totango Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

March 11, 2021
Stefanos Barolo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have recently used Totango within our customer success team.

We have added our processes within the platform and we are tracking the progress of the accounts, keeping notes, and generally being on top of things. As a next step, we are planning to incorporate usage data as well.
  • It already includes proposals for specific processes to be followed
  • Very friendly UI; easy to get started
  • The free version allows for startups that are not ready to invest in a CS solution to start from somewhere, prove the value of the product and their work, and then move forward with an acquisition
  • I had difficulties in importing data; it was not quite clear how to do so
  • When help was needed, the level of support I received was quite low. The help center is good but if anything further is required, you will have difficulties in finding what you need
It's a platform that invites you to search deeper into it due to user friendliness. It is easy for new users to get started as well as team leaders/directors to look into what they need.
Totango is great for small and scalling customer success teams.

I am not sure that it is the best alternative for big companies/teams with very detailed and specific requirements.
Read Stefanos Barolo's full review
February 08, 2021
Joan Cortez | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Totango is being used by Customer Success Managers and Retention Renewals Manager.
  • It simplifies our view of all the accounts assigned to us. Helps us easily identify which accounts are new, which to prioritize, possibly at risk, and need more attention. Minimizes the need to switch from one platform to another as we get to see details like MRR Value, license count, utilization, last cadence, etc...
  • Great User Interface.
  • SF Integration -- updates regularly, every 24 hrs (almost accurate in most details).
  • Customizable Reports (allows you to create global and targeted reports).
  • Ability to see account history for account assignment (seeing who is the old CSM or AE on the account).
  • Integration with Jira Service Desk.
  • Cross segment capabilities.
  • The ability to create both targeted and global campaigns.
  • We can easily create reports and segments that help us monitor the health score, trend, open tickets, campaigns sent and opened.
  • A great user interface, not clunky, saves you time.
Totango is great for all businesses regardless of size. Totango can scale along with your company growth. With its intuitive user interface, CSM's can easily adapt and create personalized reports, segments that allow them to strategize at the same time.
Read Joan Cortez's full review
Guru Prasad Pammi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Totango to understand how frequently the users are using our application, their last visited date, [the] number of active days, etc. This will help for our internal Churn Analysis and how engaged the users are with our software/platform.
  • Totango calculates [an] active number of days for a particular period like weekly/monthly/quarterly.
  • It provides metrics like WAU, MAU etc. to understand [the] stickiness of the users to the application/platform.
  • Health of the account.
  • Expand the integrations with other products.
  • Calculation of product adoption metrics should be more in-depth for no-code platform i.e. our product where the adoption cannot be calculated based on [the] number of visits to a page/feature.
  • Expanding the scope of Success Blocs.
We have segmented our accounts as trail account users, normal users, and enterprise users. We have benefitted especially to improve the usage of [trial] account users by interacting with them if their usage is low because of any issues. It helped us in converting the trail users to regular users.
Totango is useful in understanding customer health, usage metrics etc.
Read Guru Prasad Pammi's full review
Patricia Granz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using [Totango] for combining Salesforce data with other platforms to make it a one-stop shop for client health. It is currently only be addressed by the Customer Success department but may blend into marketing and sales integrations. We do not currently have customer-centric software for our Customer Success team.
  • Blends in data from multiple sources.
  • Can hold CSMs accountable for trigger points.
  • Organize customer health via renewals, at risk, and product adoption.
  • No real time updates on active users, how do I know a user is online?
  • Collaboration seems very lacking, no history log.
  • Want to get updates on accounts and customer friction points very easily, seems to have multiple steps just to update another user on what's going on.
[Totango] is user-friendly as a "salesforce" for Customer Success teams. It's quite a bulky tool though, I think for our organization who is just building their data, it's hard to fill in some of the gaps. We are still building our data structure so we may not be able to use Totango for what it provides.
For larger companies who have about 1000-3000 clients, who already have a lot of data to organize. Companies [that] are built up quite well and have a CS team built out but [need] a more robust tool just for their CS team who doesn't want to use such a big behemoth like Salesforce.
Read Patricia Granz's full review
June 14, 2021
We are using Totango across our Customer Success department to monitor success metrics, stay organized, and ensure continuity and consistency across all of our Customer Success Managers. It allows us to pull data from our system into Totango, and set certain event triggers so that we can take actions with our customers. We are alerted when engagement falls, triggering a set of actions that we can complete to re-engage the customer. On the flip side, we have visibility into highly engaged and active accounts so that we can reach out to use them for case studies, referrals, and as references. Overall, it gives us the tools we need to better serve our customers and leverage the data we are already collecting.
  • The ability to segment data is huge. It is all dependent on the data you send in, but once the data connection is made, it is amazing to be able to see different segments of accounts.
  • SuccessPlays are crucial. Before we were using a spreadsheet for cadence and outreach to customers, but being able to have these automatically populate into the workflow is such a timesaver and eliminates some of the manual mistakes.
  • The data modular is super powerful. It allows us to create custom attributes and pass those into the system. There is also a wide array of integration methods.
  • I do wish there were a more comprehensive onboarding process for the free version. There are a lot of resources provided, but it is hard to know where to start.
  • The system is very powerful and requires a lot of upfront investment to get started.
Before using Totango, we only had rudimentary tools to measure engagement and to make sure we were had good communication with customers. The process was very manual and time-consuming to see check on the engagement of a customer. With Totango, not only are these metrics very easy to see, but it makes it very easy for us to take action on the numbers we see. It also ensures everyone is taking the same actions so that we are ensuring our customers are being taken care of well.
Totango is great for Customer Success teams. It makes it super easy to manage a portfolio of accounts. It also gives transparency and allows management to check on individual accounts or see the health of our customers overall. We considered giving our Sales team accounts as well, but really we see it as much better suited for our Customer Success team.
April 22, 2021
A couple of main focuses for our team are the use of our software platform and retention. We have implemented a number of SuccessBlocs into our workflow using Totango that help us automatically reach out to customers that fall behind on certain usage factors which we have seen provide an increase of usage among these customers by more than 30%. We are able to send tips and tricks to users which have also proven to increase satisfaction among users. In terms of retention, the Totango tools enable us to proactively connect with customers which are allowing us to have a record year in retention.
  • Track touchpoints
  • SuccessBlocs
  • Segments for gathering data
  • Reports and data on customer health
  • We have seen a couple of updates made recently that added more steps to tasks.
  • There are lots of tools and we probably don't use to its full extent.
  • Layout is functional but could be more streamlined.
We have implemented a full onboarding track that follows a customer through our process. As the process continues, new activities are kicked off for our CSM team and at the conclusion of onboarding, a survey is automatically sent off to the customers. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our training and ensures that customers are getting the right information. Post-onboarding, we have other automation that helps us continue with touchpoints, especially in the early phases of the relationship to keep usage and awareness up.
If you have a team that might be dealing with high account loads where having automated activities and touchpoints to customers would be a benefit, I would recommend Totango. We have offices all over the world and there are also things we do in the US that are custom to how we need it so having that level of customization is also important. We also have integrated some of our other tools so activities from other teams also feed into our dashboards and give us full visibility into the account.
March 12, 2021
We are using Totango to streamline our customer success operations, make the workflow easier for our customer success managers, and to deliver customer insights by utilizing the data we collect. Using Totango, we are also able to ensure that all of our team members are carrying out the same tasks for our customers so there is some continuity.
  • Totango makes the workflow for a CSM super easy. It is easy to see what tasks need to be completed and so see the data for a particular client.
  • I love the SuccessBLOCs and being able to customize the dashboards there. It offers a really great insight into customers at different stages and how we are performing in particular areas.
  • Getting started with Totango was a bit of a chore. There is a lot to do which was intimidating. Once I got the hang of things it was OK and I realized the full potential.
The ability to easily see organized data for a customer is invaluable. The analytics and customization allowed, makes Totango a must have now on our success team. With Totango we can pull in engagement metrics, see them on a dashboard, but also automatically populate tasks for our Customer Success Managers to complete when certain conditions are met.
Totango facilitates the sales to customer success handoff ensuring that we have all the information necessary to ensure a complete and thorough onboarding. Once the customer is handed over to our Customer Success tea, Totango helps provide insights on how we are doing as a team, how certain accounts are performing, how an individual member of our team is performing etc. Totango has really allowed us to both see the big picture metrics, narrowed picture as well.
March 09, 2021
Totango is currently utilized in our Customer Engagement team to track touchpoints, account health, contracts, etc. Due to the size of our company, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of users. We had a lot of disjointed systems in the past, and Totango has helped us bridge those gaps and bring information together into one source for our experience management.
  • Integration with other internal systems is smooth and mostly seamless. I was not part of the implementation, but as a user, I rarely experience problems.
  • The UI makes it to understand and find what I need. When I was a new user, I was up-and-running within 30-45 minutes with no real training.
  • Notifications and touchpoints are easy to administer and send within Totango, so I know the right message is going to the right person.
  • Faster load times would be beneficial. When I search, it often takes a while to load.
  • Desktop notifications would be nice to have. I like the notifications within the app, but desktop notifications would grab my attention better.
  • Sometimes I find it hard to locate the appropriate support items. Making the search a bit more powerful might help.
Totango has allowed me to find relevant details in one system. Often, company solutions tend to be disjointed and difficult to navigate, but Totango has brought a lot of that into one place. I also like the ability to see my overall portfolio health in one glance. As my job performance is rated on that, I like to see a brief synopsis of the overall status of my accounts. I have also been able to track my customer touchpoints all in place and keep them organized in the case of escalation or account transfer.
I have not used the solution for a long time, but I have only found a couple of scenarios where Totango did not help. This might have been due to the way my company handles data and integrations, but it has added some work to my efforts. For example, only one CEE is able to be tracked per account, but in one segment of our business, there might be two. For those, I have to track them manually and cannot see them in my portfolio. That makes things somewhat inefficient.
February 24, 2021
Totango is currently being used in our Customer Success Department. We are using Totango to help us consolidate all of our customer data in one place. Totango helps us make sense of our data and organize actions we take with customer outreach.
  • Visualization of the data.
  • Ability to create custom customer segments.
  • The integration with zendesk is not robust, and would be helpful to have additional information that you can pull over.
  • The layout of the success blocs sometimes makes it difficult to solve problems that exist across multiple success blocs.
  • Currently you can not attach an asset to a success play. It would be helpful to do so.
After using Totango, I have been able to quickly identify at-risk accounts that we need to prioritize, plus outline the landscape of our customer-base. Prior to using Totango, this was a fragmented and time consuming task.
Totango is a great tool for managing the post-sale process. Some parts of the set up and features are a bit over-complicated and fragmented to use.
February 23, 2021
Currently our Customer Success and Onboarding teams use Totango, and we will soon be opening it up for our Product, Sales and Marketing teams to use certain features and access customer data. It allows us a centralized place to view customer communications and progress, through the multiple ways they might interact with our team and product.
  • Centralizing communication - I can see all the emails sent to a customer from me or my colleagues, as long as they bcc Totango.
  • Tracking activity - while our team has not fully implemented this feature yet, it is one of the main strengths of Totango to be able to see the actions of your customers in your product
  • Segmentation - you can pull segments of customers or users so easily based on pretty much anything you can think of, and share them with others.
  • Ease of integration with our product - the reason we haven't fully used this feature is it has to be integrated by a developer.
  • In-app messaging - we can send emails based on user behaviour, but I would like to be able to send them messages in the product.
  • The knowledge base is sometimes hard to search and use, there are multiple articles that seem to cover the same topics, and I often find myself viewing 2 or 3 articles before I find the right one.
There are definitely some parts of Totango that are easy to use. Segmenting is intuitive, so it is really easy to see which of your customers fit a profile or are located in a certain area, etc. I also love how I can customize the way account pages look (to see the info most relevant to me right up front) and make sure my feeds aren't clouded with the actions of my colleagues' accounts (or in our case our European Team's accounts). We've also benefitted in that we aren't on a plan which includes an account manager, so we do need to navigate and figure a lot out for ourselves, which has been fairly easy.
Well suited to centralize information, see a customer's full picture of health (based on criteria you define) as well as a segment or portfolio's entire health and performance.

It's perfect for those who manage multiple customers and might not talk to them all very often - so Totango always has the history and reference.

I do also assume it is great for tracking product usage, but our team hasn't fully implemented that feature yet.

I can't really say situations where it hasn't worked - though the communication to customers is limited to email, so if you are looking for in app communication, this may not be a fit.

March 08, 2021
Totango is being used primarily by our CS and Onboarding teams, with longer term plans to integrate Sales and Marketing.
  • Health Scores - gives us that snapshot and early warning system.
  • Onboarding - great for developing a repeatable process for onboarding.
  • Executive Console - Provides me with a great overview of everything.
  • Data Integration - With this could be easier as it is a blocker for us.
  • Self Learning - Would like to see a more comprehensive education section for new learners.
Totango have made the onboarding process a lot more structured. We are also not able to track better KPIs for onboarding. On the CS side, health scores are a big bonus. Also great to be able to easily track the upcoming renewals.
It is a lot to learn and implement. Need to be prepared for that, but the benefit of getting through all that is there.
March 17, 2021
We needed a tool to manage our accounts with our customers. To make sure we were guiding them through onboarding and renewal processes.
  • Easy to set up
  • Quick set up
  • Free plan
  • Very complex
  • Hard to master
  • Lots of notifications
It was very quick to set up so that helped us quite a bit. I think that it's very user-friendly as well so it doesn't feel cumbersome to start.
I think it's suited for a team that has the time to really set it up or one that just needs something a bit more complex than a Google Sheet.
March 10, 2021
We use [Totango] to keep track of our company partners. Weekly tasks, where they are in the process, meetings that happened in the past.
  • Task break downs.
  • Keeping up via touch points.
  • Creating series of tasks into success plays.
  • Loads slowly.
  • Group tasks by customers without having to click into their profiles.
  • Being able to add attendees to a meeting via a touchpoint. You cannot do this unless the person is added as a contact under that account.
[Totango] is helpful for keeping track of customer data. We don't really use a lot of the fancier features because there are a lot.
Totango is great for our needs, keeping track of customer decisions across the whole team.
February 27, 2021
It is used by the Customer Success team in our company.
  • See which accounts need to be re-engaged.
  • Overview of at-risk revenues.
  • See which sections of your app are least used.
  • Improve on user experience.
  • An easier on-boarding process.
  • A more intuitive reporting system.
Totango is the type of system does a great job at handling all customer success flows.
Totango works great for SaaS companies that have a monthly recurring revenue. If it were used for yearly deals it wouldn’t work as well.
January 16, 2021
Ramon Lapitan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Totango is used by all of Customer Success. It enables us to track and manage all of our customers. Through Totango we're able to launch campaigns, monitor health scores, and have a macro view of our entire customer base.

Totango has also enabled us to continually improve our ability to manage our growing base of customers. As we exploded in customer size in 2020, Totango allowed us to dynamically manage all our new customers. We opened new customer segments and launched it all on Totango.

Our health score monitoring using Totango is a great way for CSMs with a large number of accounts to stay on top of their game. With custom triggers for poor, average, and good health scores we're able to create standardized and targeted touchpoints with all of our customers. With the ability to customize all of these tools, Totango is a great CRM tool that scales with you.
  • Customizable campaigns to target specific user segments.
  • Global and user created customer segments.
  • Easy-to-read health metrics.
  • Product usage and utilization SuccessBLOC
  • Jira service desk connector
  • Support to embed Totango user fields in campaigns.
Totango is great for small, medium, and large-sized teams. As a company's customer base grows, they'll be able to scale along with it using Totango. Totango will allow you to create a global customer segmentation that all the CSMs can adopt as well as create their own for personal tracking purposes. The only time where a team would not be able to maximize Totango's tool would be if they're extremely hands-on and the tracking and support is customized.
Read Ramon Lapitan's full review
December 19, 2020
Ainslie Spencer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Totango is being used by the entire Customer Success function to support our client strategy plays, manage client correspondence, implement renewal success plays and EBR touch points. Pretty much everything associated with my role as a CSD. I use it to add meeting notes and action points, attach relevant documentation and presentations for future reference and define my account strategy.
  • Quick and easy to add email summary and important client correspondence
  • Building success plays with multiple tasks set for each stage of the process - renewals and EBRs for example
  • Setting follow up tasks and agreed action items
  • When you set up a task and then close it once the meeting/call has finished it creates a touchpoint to add your notes meaning the timeline gets clogged up with useless items. The tasks should revert to a touchpoint. This is the same for all of the success plays, its really annoying and means you have to scroll and scroll to see your history.
  • You can't add internal meeting attendees who don't have a license. This is important so I am able to reference who was at the meeting both internally and from the client.
  • The Account and business groupings seem overly complex. I would prefer to easily see opportunities etc from directly in the account page.
[Totango] is super user friendly and really easy to add meeting notes and then segment those notes to a specific use cases (renewal/EBR/Account tune up etc) for streamlining your searches. You can also create endless reporting segments and easily keep track of risk and account health.
[Totango is] very well suited to all post sales activities. I think it can become a bit admin intensive but I have found how to work most effectively and it suits me. There are sometimes way too many clicks needed to get an action done and again I reference the tasks functionality could be vastly improved especially comparing tasks to Salesforce which are much faster to set up and manage
Read Ainslie Spencer's full review
Janet Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
Totango is being used exclusively by our Customer Success department. Our implementation team uses it to effectively onboard our customers, and our customer success managers use it to manage their customer book of business. We also use Totango as a team for personalized tech touch outreach to our more independent and smaller customers. Totango allows us to stay organized, strategically plan our day and reach ALL of our customers with a personalized approach. Customer data brought into Totango allows us to see which customers may need our attention right now versus those who look to be doing well and may not need any proactive outreach. There are so many different ways we use this product to remain active and present with our customers.
  • Personalized communication at scale.
  • Data-driven automation.
  • Smart integration with email communication.
  • Ability to include or exclude third-parties from communication from within the software.
  • I would love to have more survey options within the tool.
  • Cross-segmentation capabilities.
  • More ability to segment communication types and parties (ie: last touch by CSM only vs. campaign).
The biggest plus to Totango's platform is that it is genuinely intuitive. My team was easily able to login for the first time when we launched and easily find information, accounts and other data points that were important to them with minimal training. New users also easily find their way around the system and it makes it so much easier to get employees up to speed when there is no huge system learning curve.
The segmentation engine is also a great tool that is visually appealing and easy to navigate and quickly change filters to create dynamic and usable segments on the go. These segments can easily be used to start calls to action, campaigns, and many other things. We are able to quickly and succinctly find and act on information.
Totango is well suited for companies that have customer usage data and want a good architecture to display and act on that information. If a company is challenged by data cleanliness and accuracy, they will struggle using Totango. Totango is also well suited for companies that have a system administrator available to keep track of what is flowing in and ensuring that the system stays in clean operating condition. Internal IT or R&D resources for the initial setup also come in handy.
I give Totango a support rating of 10 because I can always get support whenever needed. If its a technical issue, I know I can email their support team for help. If it's a more in depth question with respect to our instance of Totango, I can reach out to our CSM and always get help in a very reasonable amount of time. I always look to Totango as the standard when I think of how to best communicate and support our own customers.
Where I think there is always room to iterate, improve and enhance the feature set as it exists, Totango is a VERY usable product for our company's need. There are many features that are available to us that we do not use to its fullest extent and we make it a goal of ours to incorporate new features and functionality as they are made available to us.
Read Janet Price's full review
Sarah McElmurray | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, Totango is being used to manage both the onboarding progress for customers to measure and ensure they see value realization as quickly as possible after purchasing our one or multi year licenses. We also use this to grade the overall health of the customers, manage key contacts, track email communication, and other pertinent information that can be used during renewal and to upsell additional modules (services). Databases are CRUCIAL for managing customers, especially when growing an organization. Though, they greatly rely on the users to use the product in order to get the "most bang for your buck."
  • I like that I can simply forward email communication to Totango and it will log the record automatically. Its particularly nice when I'm busy and dont have the time or energy to log into the system and record my notes. Anything that makes life easier is better. "One less thing" as Forrest Gump says.
  • I like the ability to create custom touch points that can be formatted in a database. I can emphasize important notes by using "bold" and "italics" which is something I've never been able to do in Salesforce, etc.
  • I like seeing the "health grades" score FRONT and CENTER, which makes it easy to quickly identify customers that may need extra attention.
  • I'd like to see an easier way to build personalized custom reports for both individual users and CST teams to really manage your "book of business."
  • I think the "task" functionality is a bit clunky and I'm unsure if I've actually completed a task.
  • I both like and dont like the main dashboard because I often see other activity that doesnt relate to me. However, its nice to see how other team members communicate.
A key piece of measuring our success is to get our customers UP and RUNNING asap. With customers often stalling during the onboarding process, being able to segment all customers into different "buckets" is a nice way to visualize and develop an actions plan on a team and individual basis. The reality is is that we're far to busy to manage these things on spreadsheets and having a central place is pretty awesome.
Being able to create "custom attributes" which are essentially custom fields allows users to really customize what information you capture about your users, which makes it flexible for many different industries, and different types of organizations. Its nice to have a product that is tailored to our role, as often times CST professionals try to "force" traditional CRMs to work for their purposes.
I have not run into a need to contact support, so I cant speak directly to the level of personal care or responsiveness.
There is a learning curve with Totango. While the features are there, the usability is a bit clunky. Between "timeline" and "usage" and "plan" and "usage" I'm not always sure where to navigate to get the critical information that I'm looking for. However, once you scroll past the top header, you can easily see a history of email communication in the side bar, which is easy to navigate, unless looking for an old communication. You can really depend on the system to provide quick high level information at a quick glance, but just like all software - this is user dependent to ensure that all future information is logged. Its a fun tool and I have enjoyed working with it. I would never want to go without a CST software, and Totango has been easy and helpful for both me and the entire team (there are 6 on our team).
Read Sarah McElmurray's full review
Melanie Haas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Totango is being used by the whole business but primarily by our commercial ops team, as well as the account management (customer value team).
We mainly utilize Totango to internally track the usage of our membership portal/activities on our website. I would say it is used day to day to track the heath of our members, and on a longer term base to track specific engagements.
When I first started using Totango I would attend the training sessions through Totango, and I was learning way more- but my company didn't always implement the "tools" Totango provided. I feel like there are some capabilities that my team had not taken advantage of, I'm not sure if this was on our end or more of an internal partnership miss. The Account management team uses it for us track our members engagement and how we can help them to utilize our services better in a more productive way. The Commercial operations team utilizes the site to ensure the connection in between Salesforce, Totango, and our membership portal - this ensures that we are running at full speed and that all activities are being tracked.
  • Keeping track of the "health" of your users/ members- this helped us track usage and activities.
  • Success Plays are really beneficial - but this is one of the areas I wish our company would have built out more.
  • Scorecards which really help track specific areas that effect our metrics.
  • Reporting - ease of pulling reports.
  • I wish the my portfolio view could be segmented for me and not the whole company.
  • I wish some of the view could have more details of what the member was accessing and not just the specific page.
  • Campaigns - whether this is an internal function we could have built out better, I just didn't see the benefit from these.
Totango does exactly what it is built out for, tracking post sales activities. We here are procurement leaders have a membership, which allows members to access a membership portal. We are able to look at many different views of our customers/ members activities. We can see how many people are logged on from a specific member account at a time, and we are also able to track all the activities and usage from the members. The major benefit we have from Totango is being able to report back to our members what type of usage they have and how they are comparing to others of like size.
I would say that Totango is really good for tracking website/post sales engagement. It works really well as an account manager to be able to see where my members health is at specially compare to others in the network. It allows me to analyze the data to help make better decisions to serve my members. I would say that if you are just selling a product, I'm not sure exactly what this would track.
I have never had to reach out to them on an individual level - but I know my team had worked with them one on one and they seemed to be very helpful when we needed anything. From my understanding there is some customization that needs to be done and they were always willing to work on this with us.
I feel like from the internal training I knew how to use Totango correctly and for what I needed it for. There are so many great capabilities that Totango has I wish my company would of had more trainings on the features that we are able to build out. When it comes to usability it is fairly simple once you know how to use it and its features.
Read Melanie Haas's full review
Patrick Lowe, EIT | TrustRadius Reviewer
Totango is being used across our entire Construction Solutions department. From customer success to adoption, it has been universally adopted throughout our department. It addresses the problem of tracking our customer's health across their projects to helping our customer success managers keep tabs on how adoption and on-boarding is going.
  • It tracks a customer's health with a project.
  • It tracks the ability to tell us what they don't like.
  • It organizes and displays any interactions a CSM has with a customer.
  • The interface could use some work.
  • The reliability could definitely use some work.
  • The speed at which it operates could be faster.
Our organization has benefited from these Totango features by making it so easy to see how each CSM is doing with each account. It is very easy now to go to each account and see exactly at what stage that customer is at. The filtering and searching is great to find exactly what you are looking for.
Totango is great when you have all of the correct information in there. Totango can be less appropriate if you do not have a robust customer base. This may not be the best or appropriate option for you as smaller platforms may be a better option. This is up to you to decide.
Unfortunately, or rather, fortunately, I have not had the chance to work with Totango's customer support team yet as I personally have not had any issues when working within the software. You could say this is a good thing as I just haven't had any issues arise yet. Hopefully, I never have to!
Totango overall has great usability. I think it is very easy to start picking up and use. One of the main features I love is the ability to backdate all of the touchpoints. It's great for when bringing over information from another platform or if you just forgot to record the interaction. Backdating it will then not affect the overall timeline with the customer.
Read Patrick Lowe, EIT's full review
Julie Roslin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Totango in our Customer Success department. Our team needed a centralized location where they can find all the data and information they need on our clients. Totango helps us feed all the the data from various sources into one location, making our customer success team's job more efficient and effective. Totango is also helping us from a management perspective, allowing us to easily create dashboards on account risk/health, renewals, upsells ect. enabling us to provide better and more accurate forecasting to our executive team.
  • Links easily to external data sources. We use, Salesforce, Google Drive, a Learning Management Tool, Accounting Software and are able to feed all this data into Totango.
  • The reporting is great! It is easy to create reports and use those reports to create a custom dashboard for your team.
  • The configuration for things like Health Score and Success Plays can be updated without having to bring in a developer.
  • Rolling information up and down from a parent account to a child account is not as intuitive or easy to do as I would like. Would be great if we could easily select what fields needs to be rolled up or down.
  • Currently, I can't create reports across child/parent accounts. We have a need to create a report for parent accounts and add child info to the reporting for an accurate picture of what is going on.
We are finishing up the implementation phase of Totango now and are in the process of building out our segments. Totango has a lot to offer with segmenting customers and building out success plays for each phase of the customer journey. We have started with segmenting out our at risk accounts and are now able to easily report on and provide guidance to our CSMs on at risk accounts.
Totango is great for companies who have a Customer Success department. Our company has both a growth and development product as well as a software product and we are able to utilize Totango for both of these. Totango would not be a good fit for a company who does not have a Customer Success department.
Support for Totango has been great so far. Every time an issue arises, the Totango team responds quickly with helpful information to solve our issue. They will even let us know if something we are asking for will be on a future roadmap release. It is great that the Totango support team goes above and beyond to help out their clients!
Totango is really intuitive and easy to use. As an administrator and user, I like how I can easily make updates for my team on the fly as we change a process.
Read Julie Roslin's full review
Nick Burroughs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently Totango is being used by our organization to coordinate implementation and customer success efforts. We hope to implement it across other departments eventually.

Currently our biggest challenges we solve with Totango are:
  1. Automation - We spend a large amount of time composing manual emails that could be automated for more quality, high-level time with the client.
  2. Efficiency - Totango is incredibly useful for tracking what needs to be done today, tomorrow and next week. It eliminates the static and chaos.
  3. Personalization - Totango allows us to send out personalized emails and build a custom success plan for clients that makes the experience feel like it was meant for them.
  • Workflow - Totango is incredibly efficient at task/time management.
  • Database - Totango seems to be pretty easy to see the "story" of a customer at a glance.
  • Automation - Totango eliminates the waste of having to manually send emails and even allows custom emails to be sent from within the software. Big time saver when working with multiple clients.
  • Client Info - Sometimes it feels like there isn't enough info on the client, even if you can get the gist of the info from what you see. Totango provides essentials, but sometimes feels like it may not give you the deep details you may need. Sometimes the dashboard / client view can feel chaotic or messy.
  • Automation Controls - Some things like choosing an interaction type or sending an email require you to press a button to do that. It can be easy to forget to press a button or check a box to send an email when adding an interaction and the email never goes out.
Totango gives us the ability to oversee, quite literally, hundreds of clients at once and to understand their story. With other software, I feel like I'd have to comb through tickets and spend a lot of time understanding where people were before I could answer a question. With Totango, I can usually see everything I need right from their profile.

The client seems to appreciate the process as well, because Totango allows us to automate the repetitive emails and communications we send while customizing their experience to fit their needs. It makes for an overall more efficient experience for the company and seemingly a more trusted & personal experience for the client.
Totango is best used in situations where you'll be tracking a client and their journey through a specific timeline. We use it to get someone started in a software and then to ensure they remain successful for years to come, periodically checking in with them, as well as pulling analytics to understand how effective they are using the software.

Totango would be less beneficial for people who are transactional. If your role is to offer assistance once and never again, it's doubtful that Totango will be as beneficial for you. This would be things like technicians, accountants, etc.
We have a dedicated account manager that takes care of our needs and ensures we are successful. We have had a multitude of questions and our account manager is always quick and detailed with their care of any needs that arise. Even in complex situations, our account manager is happy to jump in and help us in any way possible - and is also incredibly knowledgeable about the product.
While Totango has a few minor flaws, the overall usability of the product is fantastic. Since we have fully implemented Totango, I have had nothing but good experiences, as have my colleagues and clients. Totango is a smooth experience for the user who is managing clients, but also an effective and communicative tool for the clients being managed. Implementation was very thorough and useful. I'd say Totango is probably one of my favorite pieces of software I've used in my 10 year tenure at my company, using approximately 12-15 different platforms throughout.
Read Nick Burroughs's full review
November 24, 2020
Elizabeth Tajonar, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Totango is being used as a CS and Account platform for our Customer Success organization. Prior to Totango we struggled to understand the full depth of our client base, have a clear grasp on renewals, and had limited knowledge of their health. Totango has allowed our CS team full access to this information. The ability to quickly segment customers to analyze critical data has allowed for faster decisions and delivery of service. In addition, we now have a great way to visualize and organize our upcoming renewals to get ahead of the curve.
  • Segmentation of data for easy analysis.
  • Automation and alerting for prioritization.
  • Managerial oversight into data via Scorecards.
  • Auto task generation based on key indicators.
  • The ability to set a task as recurring. As an example, you need to send the same report to a client at the first of the month.
  • Segments are great, but the reporting tab is a bit confusing.
Our team has benefited from logging touchpoints because it keeps a running history of all client engagement. This makes it easy to onboard new CSMs to an account and to be able to learn from one another. In addition, the email functionality allows us to quickly log email touchpoints via the Bcc line rather than having to go back and log the engagement at the end of the day. In addition, the segments make it easy for us to report to upper management on client trends and escalations.
Totango is great for a team that is looking for a way to understand their client data in various increments. It takes the typical CRM to a new level. In fact, I find it works quite well with the SF integration we have. This allows our CS and Sales teams to stay on the same page with one another. In addition, if you are having a hard time prioritizing your client's needs, the health function is very helpful. This will let you see who is possibly at risk for churning and will allow you to mitigate that end result as much as possible.
The Totango support team and our Totango Account team are both wonderful to work with. Our questions are always answered and they do a fabulous job of listening to what our needs are. These conversations have often lead to feature releases on the platform and further enhanced our experience as a customer. They are dedicated to making our journey as a customer an enjoyable and successful one, and for that I am thankful.
Totango is a great tool! Like most SaaS offerings they continue to iterate on their product, which has been exciting to watch. Their Product team does a great job of keeping users informed of what is on the roadmap and takes time to listen. It took us a few months to really wrap our arms around all the data and features available in Totango, but once we did, it was clear to see the difference it has made on the team.
Read Elizabeth Tajonar, PMP's full review
November 24, 2020
Christopher Ready | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Totango to help track activities I have with my customers. It helps me organize my day, keep track of priority customer interactions, and helps me review what I've done previously with the customer. It's important since I manage over 200 businesses and Totango makes that process easy for me to do my job.
  • Lots of segmentation options.
  • Quick easy way to add a touchpoint.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Timeline and Playbooks easy to see and manage.
  • Reporting is lacking for management.
  • Some limitations to segmentation.
  • Not a lot of automation options right now.
  • Appears to not scale very well at this present time.
The interface is clean and easy to find key data points to understand your customer. You can track your daily tasks in a single click, and Totango makes jumping between accounts easy to manage, with a way to jump back to where you started. Editing details is simple, error handling when I do something wrong is clear. Very easy to access support resources from within the tool.
Other departments could benefit from Totango in conjunction with other tools. If there is a good enough integration for both that operation teams can link together, you could expect more productivity from your employees and better tracking of their activities as a Manager. With WFH on the rise tools like Totango helps you identify progress across many people to keep everyone accountable for their daily tasks. If there were more reporting options, it could be very useful for larger organizations with multiple departments.
I've not had the chance to interact with the support team, as I haven't found a single bug or issue with the platform in the year I've used it. They continue to improve the product and I've seen several updates since we got the tool, but no major issues to report. There was one issue where the bcc email upload wasn't working for a day and at the beginning we had some login issues, but that comes with any SaaS product you purchase and was resolved very quickly. The platform did provide an easy way to identify what problems you all had, so there wasn't a lot of guessing as to what could be the problem for me to contact support.
The platform is simple to navigate and find information very easily. If you set up the correct dashboards then it makes it very easy for managers to track entire teams of 20+ individuals without much effort. I like how it's transparent on each individual for others to see, with the options to limit access to specific dashboards and reports if you're a manager looking to reduce visibility to others. With that kind of flexibility you can expect many different types of businesses set up Totango differently to cater to their needs well. Overall a good product to start doing customer life cycles and interactions!
Read Christopher Ready's full review
November 23, 2020
Andrei Mierla | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've implemented Totango for our Customer Success Department since 2018. This has brought a better organization internally, but also a better nurture stream for our clients. It is being used across multiple teams within our organization, however, the main usage comes from our Customer Success Managers within the Customer Success department.

It offers us a better segmentation process, better nurture that really helped our clients succeed with our product. Reporting is also a big deal for us, and Totango does wonders with that. Overall, we wouldn't get the right amount of visibility for our portfolio and the transparency that our clients deserve without Totango.
  • Segmentation.
  • Nurture.
  • Automations.
  • Reporting.
  • Adding files to Campaigns.
  • In-App features for our clients.
  • Improved system for editing contacts and bulk changes.
Every Customer Success Manager has adopted Totango fairly quickly, it's easy to understand, and the ease of use in parallel with the amount of customization we can get on it makes it really superior to other products. It's basically an extension to our team, and we can get the job done much easier with Totango.
We use Totango really well to define and manage the health of our clients, the amount of customization you can bring is amazing.
Really great account segmentation, that help us generate a more personalized outreach, plus you can also send targeted automation campaigns.
We also generate reports that help us keep track of our departmental OKRs, but not limited to that.
It's really suited for teams that are customer-facing side, however, less suited for project management teams that can also be customer-facing side.
All of my tickets with their support team have been answered quickly, and efficiently. Usually, I don't get canned responses, and their team is really skillfully. They are also eager to jump on calls with you whenever there's a need. Sometimes, I would like to have a live chat function with them, but you don't really miss this, since I get a fast response over email as well.
Starting with their product and features and moving all way over to their support team, and useful blog articles, I really love their whole ecosystem and it integrates perfectly with our needs.
Read Andrei Mierla's full review

Role-based user permissions (128)
API (107)
Integration with Salesforce.com (131)
Integration with Marketo (28)
Product usage (176)
Help desk / support tickets (117)
6.5
NPS surveys (72)
Sponsor tracking (6)
6.1
Customer profiles (180)
Automated workflow (173)
Internal collaboration (162)
Customer health scoring (183)
Customer segmentation (176)
Customer health trends (175)
Engagement analytics (168)
Revenue forecasting (131)
Dashboards (174)

What is Totango?

Totango is a customer success platform that is designed to help recurring revenue businesses simplify the complexities of customer success by connecting the dots of customer data, actively monitoring customer health changes, and driving proactive engagements.

According to the vendor, Totango is also the only customer success platform provider that offers solutions for companies that have or sell into multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.

Features Include:

• Customer and User Monitoring Platform: real-time monitoring of key account and user-level metrics on product adoption, value delivered, utilization, and operational incidents.

• Early Warning System: a system that computes customer health and alerts companies when a customer needs attention based on shifts in health or occurrence of specific at-risk events.

• Customer Success Work Management: business process management for customer success managers and executives including account management workflows, best practice automation, team performance measurement, and executive reporting and dashboards.

• Customer Nurture and Retention Campaigns: automated, personalized campaigns to drive onboarding and product adoption based on actual user behavior and results.

• Customer Analytics: Deep segmentation and analytics capability to discover trends across the customer base, develop benchmarks, and examine rich account and user profiles.