Reviews (1-25 of 189)
We have added our processes within the platform and we are tracking the progress of the accounts, keeping notes, and generally being on top of things. As a next step, we are planning to incorporate usage data as well.
- It already includes proposals for specific processes to be followed
- Very friendly UI; easy to get started
- The free version allows for startups that are not ready to invest in a CS solution to start from somewhere, prove the value of the product and their work, and then move forward with an acquisition
- I had difficulties in importing data; it was not quite clear how to do so
- When help was needed, the level of support I received was quite low. The help center is good but if anything further is required, you will have difficulties in finding what you need
I am not sure that it is the best alternative for big companies/teams with very detailed and specific requirements.
- Totango is being used by Customer Success Managers and Retention Renewals Manager.
- It simplifies our view of all the accounts assigned to us. Helps us easily identify which accounts are new, which to prioritize, possibly at risk, and need more attention. Minimizes the need to switch from one platform to another as we get to see details like MRR Value, license count, utilization, last cadence, etc...
- Great User Interface.
- SF Integration -- updates regularly, every 24 hrs (almost accurate in most details).
- Customizable Reports (allows you to create global and targeted reports).
- Ability to see account history for account assignment (seeing who is the old CSM or AE on the account).
- Integration with Jira Service Desk.
- Cross segment capabilities.
- The ability to create both targeted and global campaigns.
- We can easily create reports and segments that help us monitor the health score, trend, open tickets, campaigns sent and opened.
- A great user interface, not clunky, saves you time.
- Totango calculates [an] active number of days for a particular period like weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- It provides metrics like WAU, MAU etc. to understand [the] stickiness of the users to the application/platform.
- Health of the account.
- Expand the integrations with other products.
- Calculation of product adoption metrics should be more in-depth for no-code platform i.e. our product where the adoption cannot be calculated based on [the] number of visits to a page/feature.
- Expanding the scope of Success Blocs.
- Blends in data from multiple sources.
- Can hold CSMs accountable for trigger points.
- Organize customer health via renewals, at risk, and product adoption.
- No real time updates on active users, how do I know a user is online?
- Collaboration seems very lacking, no history log.
- Want to get updates on accounts and customer friction points very easily, seems to have multiple steps just to update another user on what's going on.
- The ability to segment data is huge. It is all dependent on the data you send in, but once the data connection is made, it is amazing to be able to see different segments of accounts.
- SuccessPlays are crucial. Before we were using a spreadsheet for cadence and outreach to customers, but being able to have these automatically populate into the workflow is such a timesaver and eliminates some of the manual mistakes.
- The data modular is super powerful. It allows us to create custom attributes and pass those into the system. There is also a wide array of integration methods.
- I do wish there were a more comprehensive onboarding process for the free version. There are a lot of resources provided, but it is hard to know where to start.
- The system is very powerful and requires a lot of upfront investment to get started.
- Track touchpoints
- Segments for gathering data
- Reports and data on customer health
- We have seen a couple of updates made recently that added more steps to tasks.
- There are lots of tools and we probably don't use to its full extent.
- Layout is functional but could be more streamlined.
- Totango makes the workflow for a CSM super easy. It is easy to see what tasks need to be completed and so see the data for a particular client.
- I love the SuccessBLOCs and being able to customize the dashboards there. It offers a really great insight into customers at different stages and how we are performing in particular areas.
- Getting started with Totango was a bit of a chore. There is a lot to do which was intimidating. Once I got the hang of things it was OK and I realized the full potential.
- Integration with other internal systems is smooth and mostly seamless. I was not part of the implementation, but as a user, I rarely experience problems.
- The UI makes it to understand and find what I need. When I was a new user, I was up-and-running within 30-45 minutes with no real training.
- Notifications and touchpoints are easy to administer and send within Totango, so I know the right message is going to the right person.
- Faster load times would be beneficial. When I search, it often takes a while to load.
- Desktop notifications would be nice to have. I like the notifications within the app, but desktop notifications would grab my attention better.
- Sometimes I find it hard to locate the appropriate support items. Making the search a bit more powerful might help.
- Visualization of the data.
- Ability to create custom customer segments.
- The integration with zendesk is not robust, and would be helpful to have additional information that you can pull over.
- The layout of the success blocs sometimes makes it difficult to solve problems that exist across multiple success blocs.
- Currently you can not attach an asset to a success play. It would be helpful to do so.
- Centralizing communication - I can see all the emails sent to a customer from me or my colleagues, as long as they bcc Totango.
- Tracking activity - while our team has not fully implemented this feature yet, it is one of the main strengths of Totango to be able to see the actions of your customers in your product
- Segmentation - you can pull segments of customers or users so easily based on pretty much anything you can think of, and share them with others.
- Ease of integration with our product - the reason we haven't fully used this feature is it has to be integrated by a developer.
- In-app messaging - we can send emails based on user behaviour, but I would like to be able to send them messages in the product.
- The knowledge base is sometimes hard to search and use, there are multiple articles that seem to cover the same topics, and I often find myself viewing 2 or 3 articles before I find the right one.
It's perfect for those who manage multiple customers and might not talk to them all very often - so Totango always has the history and reference.
I do also assume it is great for tracking product usage, but our team hasn't fully implemented that feature yet.
I can't really say situations where it hasn't worked - though the communication to customers is limited to email, so if you are looking for in app communication, this may not be a fit.
- Health Scores - gives us that snapshot and early warning system.
- Onboarding - great for developing a repeatable process for onboarding.
- Executive Console - Provides me with a great overview of everything.
- Data Integration - With this could be easier as it is a blocker for us.
- Self Learning - Would like to see a more comprehensive education section for new learners.
- Easy to set up
- Quick set up
- Free plan
- Very complex
- Hard to master
- Lots of notifications
- Task break downs.
- Keeping up via touch points.
- Creating series of tasks into success plays.
- Loads slowly.
- Group tasks by customers without having to click into their profiles.
- Being able to add attendees to a meeting via a touchpoint. You cannot do this unless the person is added as a contact under that account.
- See which accounts need to be re-engaged.
- Overview of at-risk revenues.
- See which sections of your app are least used.
- Improve on user experience.
- An easier on-boarding process.
- A more intuitive reporting system.
Totango has also enabled us to continually improve our ability to manage our growing base of customers. As we exploded in customer size in 2020, Totango allowed us to dynamically manage all our new customers. We opened new customer segments and launched it all on Totango.
Our health score monitoring using Totango is a great way for CSMs with a large number of accounts to stay on top of their game. With custom triggers for poor, average, and good health scores we're able to create standardized and targeted touchpoints with all of our customers. With the ability to customize all of these tools, Totango is a great CRM tool that scales with you.
- Customizable campaigns to target specific user segments.
- Global and user created customer segments.
- Easy-to-read health metrics.
- Product usage and utilization SuccessBLOC
- Jira service desk connector
- Support to embed Totango user fields in campaigns.
- Quick and easy to add email summary and important client correspondence
- Building success plays with multiple tasks set for each stage of the process - renewals and EBRs for example
- Setting follow up tasks and agreed action items
- When you set up a task and then close it once the meeting/call has finished it creates a touchpoint to add your notes meaning the timeline gets clogged up with useless items. The tasks should revert to a touchpoint. This is the same for all of the success plays, its really annoying and means you have to scroll and scroll to see your history.
- You can't add internal meeting attendees who don't have a license. This is important so I am able to reference who was at the meeting both internally and from the client.
- The Account and business groupings seem overly complex. I would prefer to easily see opportunities etc from directly in the account page.
- Personalized communication at scale.
- Data-driven automation.
- Smart integration with email communication.
- Ability to include or exclude third-parties from communication from within the software.
- I would love to have more survey options within the tool.
- Cross-segmentation capabilities.
- More ability to segment communication types and parties (ie: last touch by CSM only vs. campaign).
The segmentation engine is also a great tool that is visually appealing and easy to navigate and quickly change filters to create dynamic and usable segments on the go. These segments can easily be used to start calls to action, campaigns, and many other things. We are able to quickly and succinctly find and act on information.
- I like that I can simply forward email communication to Totango and it will log the record automatically. Its particularly nice when I'm busy and dont have the time or energy to log into the system and record my notes. Anything that makes life easier is better. "One less thing" as Forrest Gump says.
- I like the ability to create custom touch points that can be formatted in a database. I can emphasize important notes by using "bold" and "italics" which is something I've never been able to do in Salesforce, etc.
- I like seeing the "health grades" score FRONT and CENTER, which makes it easy to quickly identify customers that may need extra attention.
- I'd like to see an easier way to build personalized custom reports for both individual users and CST teams to really manage your "book of business."
- I think the "task" functionality is a bit clunky and I'm unsure if I've actually completed a task.
- I both like and dont like the main dashboard because I often see other activity that doesnt relate to me. However, its nice to see how other team members communicate.
We mainly utilize Totango to internally track the usage of our membership portal/activities on our website. I would say it is used day to day to track the heath of our members, and on a longer term base to track specific engagements.
When I first started using Totango I would attend the training sessions through Totango, and I was learning way more- but my company didn't always implement the "tools" Totango provided. I feel like there are some capabilities that my team had not taken advantage of, I'm not sure if this was on our end or more of an internal partnership miss. The Account management team uses it for us track our members engagement and how we can help them to utilize our services better in a more productive way. The Commercial operations team utilizes the site to ensure the connection in between Salesforce, Totango, and our membership portal - this ensures that we are running at full speed and that all activities are being tracked.
- Keeping track of the "health" of your users/ members- this helped us track usage and activities.
- Success Plays are really beneficial - but this is one of the areas I wish our company would have built out more.
- Scorecards which really help track specific areas that effect our metrics.
- Reporting - ease of pulling reports.
- I wish the my portfolio view could be segmented for me and not the whole company.
- I wish some of the view could have more details of what the member was accessing and not just the specific page.
- Campaigns - whether this is an internal function we could have built out better, I just didn't see the benefit from these.
- It tracks a customer's health with a project.
- It tracks the ability to tell us what they don't like.
- It organizes and displays any interactions a CSM has with a customer.
- The interface could use some work.
- The reliability could definitely use some work.
- The speed at which it operates could be faster.
- Links easily to external data sources. We use, Salesforce, Google Drive, a Learning Management Tool, Accounting Software and are able to feed all this data into Totango.
- The reporting is great! It is easy to create reports and use those reports to create a custom dashboard for your team.
- The configuration for things like Health Score and Success Plays can be updated without having to bring in a developer.
- Rolling information up and down from a parent account to a child account is not as intuitive or easy to do as I would like. Would be great if we could easily select what fields needs to be rolled up or down.
- Currently, I can't create reports across child/parent accounts. We have a need to create a report for parent accounts and add child info to the reporting for an accurate picture of what is going on.
Currently our biggest challenges we solve with Totango are:
- Automation - We spend a large amount of time composing manual emails that could be automated for more quality, high-level time with the client.
- Efficiency - Totango is incredibly useful for tracking what needs to be done today, tomorrow and next week. It eliminates the static and chaos.
- Personalization - Totango allows us to send out personalized emails and build a custom success plan for clients that makes the experience feel like it was meant for them.
- Workflow - Totango is incredibly efficient at task/time management.
- Database - Totango seems to be pretty easy to see the "story" of a customer at a glance.
- Automation - Totango eliminates the waste of having to manually send emails and even allows custom emails to be sent from within the software. Big time saver when working with multiple clients.
- Client Info - Sometimes it feels like there isn't enough info on the client, even if you can get the gist of the info from what you see. Totango provides essentials, but sometimes feels like it may not give you the deep details you may need. Sometimes the dashboard / client view can feel chaotic or messy.
- Automation Controls - Some things like choosing an interaction type or sending an email require you to press a button to do that. It can be easy to forget to press a button or check a box to send an email when adding an interaction and the email never goes out.
The client seems to appreciate the process as well, because Totango allows us to automate the repetitive emails and communications we send while customizing their experience to fit their needs. It makes for an overall more efficient experience for the company and seemingly a more trusted & personal experience for the client.
Totango would be less beneficial for people who are transactional. If your role is to offer assistance once and never again, it's doubtful that Totango will be as beneficial for you. This would be things like technicians, accountants, etc.
- Segmentation of data for easy analysis.
- Automation and alerting for prioritization.
- Managerial oversight into data via Scorecards.
- Auto task generation based on key indicators.
- The ability to set a task as recurring. As an example, you need to send the same report to a client at the first of the month.
- Segments are great, but the reporting tab is a bit confusing.
- Lots of segmentation options.
- Quick easy way to add a touchpoint.
- Easy to use interface.
- Timeline and Playbooks easy to see and manage.
- Reporting is lacking for management.
- Some limitations to segmentation.
- Not a lot of automation options right now.
- Appears to not scale very well at this present time.
It offers us a better segmentation process, better nurture that really helped our clients succeed with our product. Reporting is also a big deal for us, and Totango does wonders with that. Overall, we wouldn't get the right amount of visibility for our portfolio and the transparency that our clients deserve without Totango.
- Adding files to Campaigns.
- In-App features for our clients.
- Improved system for editing contacts and bulk changes.
Really great account segmentation, that help us generate a more personalized outreach, plus you can also send targeted automation campaigns.
We also generate reports that help us keep track of our departmental OKRs, but not limited to that.
It's really suited for teams that are customer-facing side, however, less suited for project management teams that can also be customer-facing side.
Totango Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Totango?
Totango is a customer success platform that is designed to help recurring revenue businesses simplify the complexities of customer success by connecting the dots of customer data, actively monitoring customer health changes, and driving proactive engagements.
According to the vendor, Totango is also the only customer success platform provider that offers solutions for companies that have or sell into multiple products, hierarchies, and channel partners.
Customer and User Monitoring Platform: real-time monitoring of key account and user-level metrics on product adoption, value delivered, utilization, and operational incidents.
Early Warning System: a system that computes customer health and alerts companies when a customer needs attention based on shifts in health or occurrence of specific at-risk events.
Customer Success Work Management: business process management for customer success managers and executives including account management workflows, best practice automation, team performance measurement, and executive reporting and dashboards.
Customer Nurture and Retention Campaigns: automated, personalized campaigns to drive onboarding and product adoption based on actual user behavior and results.
Customer Analytics: Deep segmentation and analytics capability to discover trends across the customer base, develop benchmarks, and examine rich account and user profiles.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Totango Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Totango Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|