Here at W&B we use Ultipro across the whole organization. For most of the company it is used as our intranet and for time sheets. Accounting uses it for payroll. Here in HR we use it for everything from benefits to recruitment to onboarding.
- Ultipro seems very customizable. Although we are just getting into customizing Ultipro, there are many things to customize through the back office.
- Ultipro touches across all aspects of the organziation through requistion approval, offer letter generation, payroll, time keeping, tax information, document sharing and can be used as a CMS in a way.
- Once you get a hang of it, Ultipro can be relatively easy to use. Almost like Android, there is so much and it depends on what purposes your organization wants to use it for.
- As a recruiter, Ultipro isn't that great as an ATS. In fact, Ultipro recruitment isn't really an ATS. For a recruitment shop, Ultipro probably isn't the way to go.
- It does not have it's own email client. If it was some how built into an email client or had a way to pack in an Outlook client that would make it ideal.
- It can be too confusing to use. It is hard to find someone to hire who specializes in the back office to make it fully customizable. While it has many options, it is not as user friendly as some of the other HRIS systems.
- We've had the product for roughly 2 years and are still trying to get the full ROI on it. It takes a while to get bang for the buck.
- I hear they are moving to a more web based backoffice which will make it easier to customize