Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
We currently use it across the whole corporate organization. We are in several states and by decentralizing the new hire, job changes, salary changes, terminations, etc. makes it efficient. We are able to use the workflows throughout the organization due to the ability that the system allows for conditional workflows. These work great especially for managing salary increases and involunary terminations.
- Their core Payroll and Benefits integration (one system) is awesome. The two areas 'talk' to each other extremely well.
- The web portal is very user friendly. It has been enhanced this past year to really give the end user a great user experience.
- The ability to be able to configure your own workflows and enhance the current system workflows is a great enhancement
- The Business Intelligence tool is fantastic. The ability to create dashboards, drill-through reports, bursting reports is very useful.
- The linked benefits plans needs to some additional work. For example: We have a High Deductible Plan with an HSA and a PPO plan. If I select the PPO plan, I'm still give the option to select HSA. The system should have logic built in that if I select PPO, the HSA option is not available to me.
- The ability to add in pop-up notices (could be different types of notices by team member group i.e.; Executives vs. Hourly Team Member).
- The ability to move Team Members between different FEIN numbers needs some attention. It currently terms a record in one company and activates in another company. In some systems, it keeps the same record for the Team Member no matter how many FEINs they work in.
We haven't done an RFP is quite a few years, so at this time it is hard to answer this question. Based on my knowledge, UltiPro definitely competes heavly with Workday and the ADPs/Ceridians. In my opinion, they have a solid system and are always striving for better. Their company culture is amazing and is definitely something that I personally look at when making selections for a partnership of this magnitude.
The Restaurant/Hospitality industry has some very unique requirements and Ultimate Software has definitely tackled these requirements. In the selection process, I would definitely make them actually show you that the system is able to meet a specific requirement (Example: Tip Allocation). The ability to interface with third-party vendors and the process that is used. The ability to raise issues up the ranks at Ultimate Software is defined.
We are a large employer and due to other critical projects the need to replace the system is not a priority. The system works well for us and is always evolving. Due diligence is always necessary, but feel that the partnership we have with Ultimate Software is solid and will continue to grow.
Usability is great. It is easy to manuever. The enhancements that Ultimate added to the product in 2013 has definitely brought the usability up a few knotches.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Workflow set-up is very easy even using conditional workflows.
- Password resets
- Content Managment is user friendly and can be added quickly and easily
- Open Enrollment Set-up is very simplistic
- New Hire Life Events deduction start dates are a bit cumbersome (these have to be manually watched and edited)
- Future Dating Terminations does not work with UTA - effective date going over early (read this on LinkedIn - not personally experienced)
Yes - It works well our population but only in the desktop view mode. The mobility functionality is really for their performance management suite and we currently do not use Ultimate's Performance product.