Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
We have the 833 appliance and we use it to backup our existing 10+ physical servers and 100+ VMware VMs. We are backing up everything from our File server, Exchange, SQL to SharePoint and local apps servers. We also backup select items to the Unitrends cloud for archiving beyond 2 weeks. Before Unitrends, we were using another backup suite on an old server and rotating NAS devices home to get them offisite on a biweekly basis. We were running out of space and patience. Unitrends has been a great addition to our infrastructure! It was easy to implement and has been rock solid for 3 years.
- Restores are a dream. Select the day, select the content and restore. Couldn't be easier.
- Has 4 NIC ports that you can aggregate for more throughput.
- The UI is very simple to work with. They updated it recently and it is even simpler. You don't have to fumble through a menu. Everything is in front of you and laid out logically.
- If you want to recover something from exchange, that is a separate piece of software. Wish that was integrated.
- There are four extra HD slots on our appliance that you cannot expand to. Would be great if they allowed the appliance to be filled and re-striped.
- A little annoyance is that the appliance doesn't have a faceplate. That could just be my issue though.
- Unitrends has allowed us to set backups and not worry. We get a report every morning letting us know what backed up and what didn't and why.
- The combination of on-prem and cloud allows us to have redundacy and DR.
- It would be great to have 10GB NICs as that is where we are taking the rest of our servers and switches.
Do you think Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery's feature set?
Did Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery go as expected?
Would you buy Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery again?
Unitrends was similar to the competitors in what it provided but what sold us was the price, the availability of support and their replacement model. Demoing the UI really showed us how easy the platform was and how quickly we could get up and running. In three years, we have had to replace two HDs and they came next day and support got them up and running inside an hour, both times, while the appliance continued to work!
If you have servers or client machines that you want to backup, Unitrends is for you. There are newer systems out there with all flash but the UI on Unitrends could not be easier and that is a huge selling point. The ROI is also better than most. They also have a lot of great, free tools that you will benefit from.
Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Feature Ratings
Using Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
4 - All 3 are IT. We have a IT Manager that runs reports, a Sr. Systems Administrator that handles all of the maintenance and infrastructure changes and a couple of Jr. Systems Administrators that can do spot restores and backups if needed. It is a very easy system for multiple people to engage in without stepping on toes.
2 - The IT Manager and Sr. SysAdmin are the only two that do daily support.
- Backing up our Physical Servers
- Backing up our Virtual Servers
- Restoring of data on a case by case basis
- We have been able to aggregate the four NICs on the appliance t get more throughput for backups.
- We have since incorporated a local NAS for onsite archiving through this Unitrends box and connecting to their Forever Cloud for further archiving as well.
- We are only lightly using it for our Virtual environment now. We need to discover more of that
Evaluating Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery and Competitors
Yes - We were using a very old version of Symantec Backup Express. It was severely out of date, out of support and running on a physical box with the same flaws. We were also connecting eSATA hard drives (footballs) to "archive" the backups offsite. It was a messy, old system so we looked to replace it.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
Product usability was paramount. We needed to be able to get in and around the system easily. Unitrends was/is super intuitive and training was quick. Obviously price was next. We wanted something that worked well at a great value.
Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Implementation
The Unitrends team works hand in hand with your support staff to implement the product. We were up and running from racking to backing up in under half a day
Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We want to make sure that we can contact support at any time as our data is valuable just like anyone else
I had a disk failure on the system and they had a replacement out next day and were dialed into the system and adding the replacement that same day. Zero downtime. Great support!!
Using Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
It is an intuitive platform but they just updated it and I am not familiar yet with the new platform so it may be a 10 when I get into it.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using