Overall Satisfaction with Vena Solutions
Predominantly used by Finance and Operations for EOM reporting, planning/budgeting and ad-hoc analyses.
- Excel front end.
- No IT support needed for most functionality.
- Easy to adjust hierarchies within dimensions to suit changing business needs.
- Data spreading capability relies on Excel/calc scripts.
- No real native user insights discovery capability.
- Lack of support in APAC time zones.
Selected based on ROI for the size of business we were and where we were on our data journey. Vena still has great functionality for where it is positioned and the additional functionality we can get from other tools is not quite justified for the jump in cost as yet.
Do you think Vena delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vena's feature set?
Did Vena live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Vena go as expected?
Would you buy Vena again?
Great for a small to mid size business looking to have control over versions of planning processes and also applying calculations to data such as foreign exchange rates. Would find this less useful as a standalone BI tool or a tool where someone is looking for some of the higher end features you can expeect from like a Cognos. That said, there has been a lot of progress in recent years.