Overall Satisfaction with Vena Solutions
Vena Solutions is a technology that we partner with at our organization. We resell and implement the product for our customers. Our customers range from hospitality, health care, project management, manufacturing, and others. There are several big business problems that Vena addresses. First, everyone loves Excel and people are reluctant to change. Since Vena is Excel based, users feel more comfortable with it. There is less resistance to the change and less of a learning curve upon implementation. Second, Vena does not require constant and ongoing consulting time. Our customers are self sufficient with making changes to the model and templates. Third, Vena has an organized workflow process and status tracker. It allows the FP&A team to see where all contributors are in the process. In addition, the FP&A team is not trying to collect numerous Excel sheets via email or shared locations. Fourth, Vena has excellent audit capabilities. The solution audits data saves in cells and changes to templates (with the ability for comparison to prior versions). It's built in to the solution, which means there is no need to exhaustively dig through log files. It's just a few clicks!
- Auditing is something Vena does extremely well. There is the ability to see data changes and template changes with just a few clicks. Most technologies have audit log files, which can be cumbersome to navigate.
- Drilling to details is a feature available to users. A user can view all the general ledger transactions for a particular account, department, time period, etc. just by clicking on the intersection in Excel and using the Vena toolbar button Drill -> Transactions.
- Comments and Attachments allows users to add a comment and/or insert an attachment such as a PO, invoice, or receipt for example. This way the contributor and reviewer can easily see the justification and support for a number that has been planned. It's all in one place and means there is no need to email the support as a separate file.
- In Report Books, the option to run reports as PDF would be helpful.
- In Report Books, the option to add more than one report to the book would be extremely useful. Currently, users receive multiple emails because we can only have one report per book.
- In Report Books, the ability to output files to a directory rather than sending them via email would be a nice enhancement.
Yes, the Vena sales team has been supportive. We have been on several demonstrations with the Vena sales team. It speaks volumes about their commitment to partner and customer success.
Vena Solutions offers may features to perform analysis and forecasting more quickly than ever before. We are able to convert all of the templates from one plan to another by simply changing the process variables. Power BI has been a nice addition as well. We're incorporating so many charts and graphs for users. They can filter the objects to perform more in depth analysis and possibly find areas of concern they did not know existed.
Overall, Vena has many great features and functions, and the Vena team is constantly improving the solution. The only scenarios where Vena is lacking is spreading data from a parent member to children. This can be accomplished with Vena, but it's a little more involved compared to other technologies.
Vena Feature Ratings
Vena Solutions Attributes
Do you think Vena delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vena's feature set?
Did Vena live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Vena go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Vena again?