Attending WebEx meetings
Updated October 13, 2020
Attending WebEx meetings
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Webex Meetings
WebEx is one of the options to use across the company and division wide. It allows users to have very large meetings internationally and let viewers see their screen, see the person talking, ask questions in chat room, and all connnect in one place at one time. It also is able to be recorded for later viewing sessions.
- Chat room - Allows users to raise their hand, shows who is typing, allows questions to be saved till after the speakers concludes.
- Recordings - Generally records the meeting well both with audio and visual. Able to send this out very quickly after session concludes.
- General Meeting Help - Really let's people attend sessions when the time is right. Plus you are able to see a speaker and hear them even if they are across the world.
- Diversity - Not necessarily a con but I think there are many different sites that someone can use to host meetings. WebEx does not particularly stand out as the best of the best.
- Ability to see who is speaking - sometimes people call in and do not tie their name to a phone number so it can be confusing in large meetings on who is speaking on the line.
- Lost connection - every now and again it will either take time to load/join the session or the screen will freeze.
- Positive - instead of having to fly people in for meetings we can just chat and demo items on the screen/phone line
- Positive - more focus groups with quicker ability to share screen and pass the speaker role over to other colleagues on the phone
- Negative - not extremely user friendly - always having to change the password to enter versus having one general password for all company events
Our company was already using WebEx meetings when I joined. I think they are helpful for big groups and easy enough if everyone has a login. It also allows to have multiple WebEx going on at the same time but with different log in details. I have however used other free conference lines in the past for quick meets.
We have a meeting in which we need all our sales reps globally to join. This allows them to all connect to one screen and watch live as the speaker presents. It also allows them to type in the chat box any questions they have and be present even though they are not in the same room. WebEX is useful for any type of large meeting or demo meeting.
Webex Meetings Feature Ratings
Cisco Webex Experience
It is very intuitive to use and easy to invite others to meetings. Note taking and transcription still has a ways to go with it being done by a bot - there's some difficulties with accents and understanding certain company terminology. Still these are nice features that other platforms do not offer. I haven't seen the feature that I see in Zoom where one can hide their camera view from themselves? I think this is especially important with video overload and so we can look at others and not be too concerned of how we look.
Cisco VPN - the security was stronger than past VPN ones. This has been imperative during remote work and allows thousands of employees to connect to our network quickly and securely.
It seems very secure and because Cisco has been around so long, there's less concern of security versus some of the newer platforms. Most people have heard of Cisco. The pricing is perhaps more expensive but ease of use is there - I will say a tough competitor will definitely be MS Teams or Zoom. MS Teams is good at having more collaboration tools. Zoom is becoming popular and more well known to those newer in the fields.