Overall Satisfaction with Weebly
We use Weebly to publish our conservation organization's website, which provides club information such as recent or upcoming activities and event results to our current and potential members. Select board members publish and/or edit dynamic content as needed. We are in the process of adding a sister site specifically for our non-profit organization. I love that we are able to add this additional site for free under our current Pro plan.
- Weebly makes it incredibly easy for contributors to add content on an occasional basis without knowing the nitty-gritty details of site maintenance. Plus, their site security makes sure that a novice contributor does not accidentally trash the site.
- Changing the site's look and feel is fairly quick and easy. Weebly walks you through the process, giving you the confidence to improve your site.
- Adding images, video and/or sound is as easy as click-and-drag! Careful use of visuals greatly increase the relevance of our site.
- Adding a copy of an event flyer can sometimes be frustrating, as certain formats force odd badging or fuzzy text.
- Initial use of the product takes more time than it really should....better documentation at the start would help greatly. Reaching out to the user community does make up for some of these issues, however.
- Upgrades and changes to the product are not readily communicated. I've always hoped that might be because I use an info@domainname address, but I have never taken the time to verify that.
- We were looking to reduce the cost of our previous solution. Weebly allowed us to cut our costs by 60% at cutover.
- We had hoped to list as one of the top conservation clubs in our state. Weebly helped us quickly rise to the top three in less than three months.
- We are a non-profit organization, so we always aim to provide the most information available to our membership (without breaking the bank).
Weebly was always one of the top-rated solutions in the website-builder arena. We had experience with GoDaddy, and were sadly disappointed in the clunkiness and general lack of quality features. We finally chose Weebly over its runner-up, Squarespace, because it was a cheaper solution (at least it was when the selection was originally made--I think that is still the case).
My search for a website solution focused on finding a product that non-technical contributors could embrace with little-to-no training. I also needed a solution that tightened security to the point that individual contributors had access to change what they needed, but not what they were not responsible for. Weebly works great in situations like this.
Square Online Feature Ratings
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Initial theme choice and later changes are "easy peasy" to do!
- Site maintenance is straightforward....even for novice contributors.
- Choosing just the right format to display flyers is sometimes a hassle.
- Adding images to the library takes too much time.
Yes - For the theme I chose, the mobile interface was provided....and worked well. However, as I have strived to "freshen up" the site with a new theme, I've noticed some of my favorites do NOT have acceptable mobile interfaces. This one is a deal-breaker for me, as most of our site visitors are mobile users.