Overall Satisfaction with Wix
My WIX account is not directly tied to Hearst. I used WIX to create a personal work portfolio to showcase my writing clips, and I update it regularly. For, say, a freelance writer, I'm sure having a WIX account is pivotal. I don't know if Hearst uses it on a broad scale, and I don't use it for my current job at Woman's Day. However, I think having my portfolio online was a major asset when I was applying for jobs.
- It's incredibly user-friendly. I started out with minimal knowledge of building a site, and WIX made it easy for me to create something from scratch.
- I explored many options when deciding which site to use for my portfolio, and WIX always had the best layouts.
- It's SEO friendly -- my WIX site comes up as one of the top choices when I Google my name.
- I wish there were more layout options for writing portfolios. I often struggle to organize my clips in the most effective way.
- While the site is generally user-friendly, I sometimes struggle to edit my pages without throwing off the entire layout.
- In one interview, the HR manager I spoke with pulled up my WIX account while we were talking and could easily see my work. I truly believe that helped me get the job.
WIX is brilliant for writers -- it's a way to showcase all of your work in one place. I would 100% recommend it to colleagues, and I DO recommend it to people I know who are trying to get into the journalism industry. The sites always look streamlined and professional, and they're a great asset to anyone in the industry. I once had an interview with an HR manager, and she pulled up my WIX account on the spot so she could review my previous work. I really believe that helped me get the job.