Overall Satisfaction with Workato
Workato is currently being used by the People Team (HR) and IT for streamlining the automation during the new hire and on-boarding process. At the moment, it automates the creation of all users via a Google Form and creates a calendar invite for Finance, HR, IT, and the hiring manager. We are currently working on expanding it to work with our HRIS.
- Integrations with lots of different applications
- Easy learning curve, doesn't take too long to pick up
- Workato engineers work hard to understand your business processes
- Not all integrations work as expected, sometimes requiring you to make custom integrations
- If you have to work with the API of an application, it can be much harder to use without programming experience
- Pricing is particularly steep
- Has completely automated IT's on-boarding process for new hires
- With automation, human error is removed so all work is done consistently each time
- You need to automate quite a few processes to really bring in a positive ROI - hard to do if you only automate one or two processes
I would say that Workato can find its way into almost every sense of the business. The hard part is getting those non-technical stakeholders to understand automation and how you can integrate applications. Workato would not be appropriate if you do not have many cloud applications or the applications you have do not have APIs or webhook support.