Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
We currently utilize workfront to manage several portfolios of projects and programs across the enterprise, including IT infrastructure, engineering, and project management. While most of our projects involve software implementations and upgrades, we also use Workfront for operational workflow improvements in clinical, ancillary, business, and support departments.
- Workfront excels in providing transparency to project efforts through task assignment and update automation and integration with Microsoft Office.
- Workfront drives adherence to a project's critical path by providing a plethora of reporting and dashboard solutions.
- Workfront helps manage the load-balancing of work by project manager, as well as by departments, enabling us to avoid, or at least be aware of, gross resource constraints.
- Perhaps a "programmed instruction" method for new users when they first log in might be another helpful tool for user adoption. This would recognize first-time logins and guide them into the basic functionality within 15 minutes with an option to skip (or not) set by the sysAdmin.
- It is probably on us, but we seem to have difficulty utilizing the resource/team management functions.
- Risk tables need to be more sophisticated and allow for some simple quantitative/qualitative calculations.
- Workfront boosts the productivity of my project managers, enabling them to manage twice the number of projects using a manual process.
- Workfront facilitates dashboards for board room presentations to senior management and easily accommodates my monthly operational PMO reports to the CIO.
- Workfront drives alignment in IT system implementation workflow, getting all users' data into the same system and helping us all speak the same language.
While the alternative solutions were also viable, we went with Workfront for several reasons; top ten reviews scored it highly, we liked the cloud-based solution, and the user interface and contract pricing were more in line with our requirements.
Workfront integrates well with IT and project management departments because these employees are tech-savvy. IT also uses it to help drive their operations in addition to their projects. The HelpDesk feature was dropped by IT in favor of a dedicated solution, but PMO drives 95% of its operations using Workfront. Some of our end users in clinical areas are stronger than others in their utilization but this is not really a weakness of workfront.