Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
UCSF has three (3) instances of Workfront in production:
- Enterprise Information & Analytics department; 100 licenses
- Campus Marketing; 20 licenses
- IT-PMO and IT Applications; 70 licenses.
- User-centric orientation provides for inline editing of data in Reports View displays. Saving time from opening each record to apply changes. Social front-end and mobile application provide simple, easy methods of communicating status and perform updates.
- Bulk edit features allow the user to edit multiple fields, across multiple objects (Users, Projects, etc.) with one action, versus opening each object to perform the update.
- Staff does not need to be technical to create View, Reports and Dashboards, Filters, Groupings, etc., as the tool presents the ultimate drag/drop or pick and choose approach to creating these objects. Formatting and query logic is automatically generated when fields are chosen, eliminating the need to be a programmer.
- Product Development and Design operations. This team does not always understand how the tool can facilitate and also impede operations. When a bug or issue is identified where the logic does not consistently process transactions, response from the team is -- 'that is how it is designed to work'. Which in most cases is not logical and clearly an obvious design flaw.
- For example, when a field name is changed and the value automatically resolves in 30 out of 80 reports but fails in the remaining 50, the team is indifferent and dismissive. Fifty reports were failing. That is NOT subscribing user error, but inconsistency in how the system recognized the modification. I had to escalate to the founder and board of directors to get someone to listen.
- This is the biggest issue for our organization. It should not take this much effort to help the team understand the issue.... I personally documented the error and tried to identify a pattern for Workfront, hoping perhaps I could find where the logic was failing to help them identify the solution. I take this approach whenever there is an issue, especially if I can recreate the problem to demonstrate which API needs attention.
Workfront is the only tool I want to use.... have used MSProject Server online, PlanView, Innotas, Clarity, SmartSheet, and a few other ridiculous tools.