Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
I work within a beta-test team for my organization that experiments with several project management tools. We are currently in the midst of implementing Workfront throughout many of the admin areas within the company. While many project management tools specialize in different things, the goal of our company has been to consolidate and streamline our project management options. Therefore, Workfront has become an important tool/project for our company. Workfront is extremely expansive and can be built in order to achieve a wide variety of specific tasks. Moreover, Workfront enables transparency and allows teams to more clearly communicate workflows and responsibilities.
- Time management resources are incredibly efficient: One can utilize the platform to give realistic work goals and objectives.
- Data Management: Workfront enables users to view custom reports, manage projects costs, and much more.
- Project planning is extremely in depth: One can set and visualize projects in a variety of ways.
- Workfront is not the most user-intuitive platform for all. There will need to be significant training periods for end-users.
- The User Interface can be more confusing when compared to like-options in the market.
- It is a large and expansive program - therefore, executive updates are somewhat difficult within the platform.
- Extremely detailed project plans have a positive outlook for ROI.
- Time management tools enable the most efficient use of work-team time.
- More accurate reporting has helped our team quantify opportunities and constraints
Our team chose to implement Workfront for its detailed project reporting capabilities. Furthermore, Workfront's ability to perform complex virtual proofing is a huge benefit to our work team. Overall, my team's experience has been extremely positive as we continue to implement new features and build a more cohesive project reporting/implementation platform. While other platforms do a fantastic job of tracking certain project management tasks, Workfront is one of only a few truly expansive tools out in the market today. I would highly recommend!
Workfront seems to be incredibly useful for individuals who manage multiple implementation/project management opportunities. Due to the required upfront training, there can be a lot of development costs associated with transitioning a large user base over to this platform. I view Workfront as a tool that enables a small number of power-users the ability to manage their projects with the utmost detail. I do not see Workfront as a necessary tool for those with only a handful of projects on their plate. This is a project management tool for those who need extremely detailed timelines.