Overall Satisfaction with Wrike
Wrike is currently being used to manage our on-boarding process, as well as individual project management across multiple departments. Currently Wrike is being used by 4 departments here at our corporate office. Wrike addresses the issues with communication, multiple meetings where the objectives were not being met, as well as organization across the company on a singular project.
- Wrike can be used in Outlook, as well as on your mobile device making it accessible any where and anytime you need it.
- Wrike allows for multiple people to be assigned to a single task or to a folder allowing for more visibility and easier delegation of tasks.
- Wrike has multiple views that allow for each person to be able to track how they would like, whether it is in a list or a chart.
- Wrike allows for more than one user to update the same description of a task
- Wrike allows you to add revised documents to a single document for easier storage
- The task view can be a little difficult to navigate, they have filters, but they don't always filter the way you may like sometimes.
- If you have twenty items on your tasks list they show all unless you mess with the filter, they should hide dependent tasks until the parent task is complete or at least add a feature to allow to do this, not everyone wants to see whats coming if they cannot work on it yet.
- The reporting that you can pull. I know that the enterprise has different reporting functions, but the professional should have a report that you can pull per folder group as well.
- Increased efficiency with on-boarding of our branches
- Improved productivity with our Marketing department to get requests completed on a better deadline
- Improved communication and clarity into what each department does.
Wrike can stand next to AtTask and be proud. We selected Wrike not only because of pricing but also because of size. AtTask can be built out the way you want it, but it takes a while. Wrike is preset and ready to go. It fit for our needs and the size of our company. AtTask would work if more than 20 people were going to be using the system.