Happy with Wufoo
Updated November 26, 2014
Happy with Wufoo
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Wufoo
I implement several forms a year for the Home & School Club (PTA) functions at an elementary school. The forms are used for things like; book fairs, play applications, donations, party RSVPs, back to school forms, carnival tickets, etc. These forms are embedded in our website and allow parents to pay using a credit card and at their convenience.
- Wufoo is amazing at their support. You are able to get a response immediately and their online guide/FAQ is very helpful.
- Wufoo is extremely flexible and easy to use. The forms can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be. I really love the ability to add logic on the back end of the form.
- Wufoo's reporting is simple and easy to use. Their Analytics module is a nice way to quickly get info on your form too.
- Wufoo doesn't tie in with Paypal well. My experience is only with Paypal standard however so I am not sure how they work with other payment solutions. Paypal needs information for a receipt to the end user so your form has to have information that transfers. Such as, if you were buying 2 Meal Tickets. The pull down menu should say "2" but in order for Paypal to see what you purchased for the end user, you have to have the pull down menu say "2 Meal Tickets". This requires a lot of scrubbing of reports on the Wufoo side. You can't just add up a total because in every cell you have "2 meal tickets". You have to do a find and replace; 2 meal tickets replace with 2. I haven't not yet figured out a work around for this.
- Another flaw with the tie between Paypal standard and Wufoo is if a payment doesn't go through on the Paypal side, people still receive a form submission confirmation. This confuses people thinking their payment went through. In our confirmations we usually have it explained that the confirmation is a form submission confirmation only and they should receive an additional receipt from Paypal to know if their payment was successful.
- For sure our customer service rating has gone up. We have also found a ROI from cutting down on paper.
- Using it for an elementary school can create some uneasiness due to the credit card charges and paying for a third party tool but since our organization is run by volunteers, we can easily justify the amount of time that is saved by the ease of use and the ability to quickly turn something around and deliver to parents.
Wufoo was simple to use and offered different merchant choices. We needed something that was easy to create and would tie in with payment processing and embedded into our website. Wufoo's website and team made it easy to research their product and identify features that met our needs.
We have been very happy with Wufoo. Since we use it for so many reasons, our staff has been trained and it just doesn't make sense to look anywhere else at this point. We are happy with the cost and the features so there is no reason to switch.