Overall Satisfaction with Xero
We are using Xero to manage our A/P and produce financial statements. We also record revenue and A/R transactions, but have a specific piece of software (Hy-Tek) to manage members' accounts for our swim club. As the product is able to pull a feed from our bank, we also use it to track our banking information and cut cheques.
- Excellent support - whenever I have a question, the answer is fast and understandable.
- Extremely easy to figure out - anyone with a bit of sense can figure out how to successfully get from point A to point B.
- Tracking cash is simple - together with the bank feed, keeping the bank reconciled and up to date is extremely straightforward.
- Reporting is okay, but the customization options are a bit clunky. I believe they are trying to address this.
- The cost at $22.50 US (discounted NFP rate) is a bit on the high side for a small organization like ours. Does it make more sense to drop a few hundred bucks on an accounting package like Quickbooks or pay $270 US for Xero? I'm not totally sure.
- The connection between payroll and cheque-writing isn't terribly straightforward and I don't understand why.
- Helps us produce accurate, timely financial statements. Admittedly, we moved from a spreadsheet and cash-based system so anything would have been a substantial improvement.
Xero is an excellent choice for a small business. I'm not sure how well it would handle more complex, larger organizations - but admittedly I haven't done the research to determine either way how well it would adapt. Sign up for the free trial and tinker with it, that should give you sufficient information to determine if it's right for you.
Xero Feature Ratings
Quick and responsive. The only drawback, at least when I've used support which hasn't been recent, they are located in New Zealand which can create some time zone issues.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
No - Support has been reasonably quick and responsive when I've needed it - not sure why I would need premium support (don't even know if they offer it!).