Overall Satisfaction with Yubico
Yubico's security key is used to provide an additional layer of security for accessing documents, passwords, information, and resources. It is used across the organization by all departments. It adds a physical element to information security/cybersecurity. As for the business problem, it doesn't address a specific "problem" so much as it prevents major problems from arising; by stringently adhering to security processes, including the use of physical keys, information access/dissemination is kept well controlled within the organization.
- Unobtrusive use of USB-C key (semi-permanently in a laptop or computer port).
- Excellent 2-factor authentication requiring interaction/presence of the physical key.
- Integrates with platforms/password managers for personal and organizational use.
- Setup can be a little confusing for inexperienced users: documentation and step-by-step instructions will help ensure smoothe onboarding.
- Specific implementations (like for Google) can be tricky. Fortunately, Yubico provides a lot of support / documentation on impelementation.
- Cost for implementation can be a bit high (per-key runs around forty dollars).
- Keeping information and access secure is priceless and should be a part of any business.
- Sleek/small/unobtrusive, which makes it stand out among other USB security options.
I haven't used any other physical security devices previously. YubiKey and other tech giants like Google, Cisco, and RSA all offer some form of physical/hardware-based security, which is implemented at many workplaces. Yubico was selected for its comprehensive documentation, reputation of excellence, and reliability within the security community itself.
I 100% recommend Yubico for organizations that work with secure or confidential information. The use of 2-factor authentication should be a given: it protects information and assets (personal and organizational) and adds an additional layer of security. Yubico's security is demonstrably robust, and it integrates (sometimes with some finagling/legwork) with most 2FA platforms/logins. Additionally, the key itself is either a semipermanent unobtrusive attachment or a small key you can plug into the computer. I highly recommend Yubikeys for both personal and professional use.