We use Zoom for two main purposes: 1) to connect with sales leads, and 2) to hold meetings with clients. About 75% of our use of Zoom is our sales representatives (including Sales Development Representatives and Business Developers) connecting with leads and holding qualification appointments. The other 25% of our use is our client teams (including project managers, account managers, and production leads) holding client meetings and workshops.
We’ve found that in-person meetings are best for building relationships with sales leads and clients, but about 60% of our leads and clients are from out of state, so in-person meetings are not possible. Zoom is the tool we use to solve this problem – although it’s more challenging to build rapport and connect over a video call, the efficiency and access to out-of-state markets and clients is more than worth it.
The other business problem that Zoom solves for us is training. We record almost every sales and client meeting, and use the recorded sessions to train new Sales Development Representatives, Business Developers, Project Managers, Account Managers, and Production Leads.