UberConference is a conference call platform with document management capability that integrates with third-party applications such as Google Drive, LinkedIn, Evernote, and Dropbox. It includes features such as screen sharing, call controls, call recording, and a mobile application.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/QY/xL/ZXQFGQ5L4UIK.PNGYou get what you pay for with UberConferenceUberConference is being used by our entire organization as a cost-effective and readily available solution for staying in touch across geographically disparate offices. A number of individuals on our small team have created their own accounts so that they can host conference calls and do screen shares with each other quickly and easily. It allows us to join two offices fairly easily, and feel like we are looking at the same things together.,Cost-effective - UberConference is free! Easy to use - it's user interface is simple and easy to understand. Built-in conferencing and screen-sharing capabilities are very useful. No need to pre-schedule meetings - it's easy to log in through a web interface and host or attend meetings on the fly.,Can be very laggy - I have been part of screen share conferences where the connection keeps dropping. Call quality is not always the best. Limited functionality - this cannot be your all-in-one go-to conferencing solution because there are no video call capabilities.,5,Given that UberConference is free, as long as you're able to host at least one successful conference, it will have given you a positive ROI. I appreciate that it's a quick and easy way for geographically disparate teams to get on the same page and visually show each other what they are working on. Given that it doesn't offer the most reliable connection, if you are hoping to use it for client calls or conferences, it's not the best solution. It could have a negative ROI on your business if it damages your credibility with clients.,Amazon Chime and Zoom,SugarCRMUberConference ReviewI use UberConference for all non-face-to-face meetings with internal and external partners and clients. From strictly voice calls to voice and screen-sharing, UberConference allows us to interact with clients or team members who can not be physically in our office to meet. I would recommend UberConference as I have not run into any issues with its use.,Voice clarity over web Screen share Allowing a group of people to connect,Allow for large groups 15+,9,Zoom,Mavenlink, Google Drive, InVisionUberConference: The conference call app that can do it all for less, and do it anywhereI've used UberConference to record interviews for assignments over the phone. It is the easiest way I've ever done interviews. All I need to do is put on my headset, give my subjects the number and time to call in, and then hit Record as soon as everyone's in the call.,It records calls with a simple push of a button, and does let everyone know the call is being recorded, which is a plus for those living in two-party states. The interface is clean and easy to use. The paid features allow you to call anyone for a conference call. Retrieving recorded files is easy, and all the files are available immediately upon the end of the call. Any app that uses Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" as an option for on-hold music is a winner already.,I wish I didn't need to pay to get a custom number; why not at least follow Google Voice's lead? I also wish I didn't need to pay to dial-out to add guests to a given call. As much as I like Rick Astley, I also-also wish I didn't need to pay to upload my own on-hold music; I want some vaporwave floating in my guests' ears!,10,The ease of being able to record phone calls, obtain the files, and work on assignments with accurate quotes has helped me gain more assignments from editors and other clients. For how often I use UberConference, the free features that are available keep my bottom line in the black. As a Chromebook user, the fact UberConference works on Chrome OS as an app and online means I don't have to invest hundreds of dollars into a new laptop/OS.,Zoom,Google Drive, G Suite, DropboxThe Best Free e-Meeting SolutionUberConference is perhaps the best free e-meeting solution. All that it requires is a web-browser. Users can even use the conference phone dial-in without having to run the web-app. Of course, there is a mobile app as well. It's clean, simple to use and lightweight. The only disadvantage I see when comparing it to industry behemoths like GoToMeeting is that it's not possible to do a screen recording (only an audio-recording). I use UberConference nearly every day and see no reason to switch to another tool.,Lightweight: it's never crashed on me, as long as the browser isn't overloaded with tabs Can be used for phone-only conversation. Uses can use it as a business phone line so as to not reveal their personal mobile. Excellent user interface with chat feature. Easy to present for the host or for a guest. Nice to have a custom url, i.e. www.uberconference.com/my_account_name,The default 'on hold' music can get old very quickly. Fortunately, users can remove it or change it, although it requires going into settings. As mentioned previously, the main feature it lacks is ability to record videos. This feature would significantly improve Uberconference in relation to paid services.,9,Given that UberConference is a free e-meeting solution, I have experienced big positive impact on my business with no loss or risk. I am able to speak with clients and demonstrate my work in a simple manner. My clients enjoy using Uberconference as well.,,Salesforce CPQ (formerly SteelBrick), Evernote, SnagitGreat Free Conferencing SolutionWe use UberConference for meetings that have more than two people, and UberConference makes it super easy to set that up. whether you're using your phone to dial in or to join through the site, it doesn't require you to install a certain software and be bothered with that whole process. We've found UberConference to be very easy to use and friendly for our non-technical customers.,It's so easy to use that even associates who are using the 'big guys' in web conferencing will defer to using UberConference when we need to meet because they know it's so easy. The ability to record the session to go back through for documentation if needed The user interface is phenomenal,The audio quality is good but it can definitely be better The Screenshare sometimes stutters and lags, but nothing too crazy and I really think they can fix that easily,10,Our teams use this every day. It makes it easy to meet with clients and share a screen and display analytics. Some of my clients thought that they need to register first to be able to contact me. It's bad that they are not notified in any way that it's enough just to enter its names and that's it.,Join.me and Zoom,Atlassian Confluence, Skype, Adobe Photoshop
UberConference

UberConference Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

UberConference
Top Rated Award
Filter 50 vetted UberConference reviews and ratings
Emma McCarthy profile photo
June 18, 2018

Review: "You get what you pay for with UberConference"

• Cost-effective - UberConference is free!
  • Easy to use - it's user interface is simple and easy to understand.
  • Built-in conferencing and screen-sharing capabilities are very useful.
  • No need to pre-schedule meetings - it's easy to log in through a web interface and host or attend meetings on the fly.
  • Can be very laggy - I have been part of screen share conferences where the connection keeps dropping.
  • Call quality is not always the best.
  • Limited functionality - this cannot be your all-in-one go-to conferencing solution because there are no video call capabilities.
If you have a small business with a very limited conferencing budget, UberConference is great! Given that it's free, it's easy for users to set up an account without getting budget approval. However, if you need reliable call quality, screen-sharing or video conferencing, it's worth finding space in your budget for another product (Zoom or Amazon Chime, for example.)
Read Emma McCarthy's full review
Jeremiah Graham, MBA profile photo
December 05, 2018

"UberConference Review"

• Voice clarity over web
  • Screen share
  • Allowing a group of people to connect
  • Allow for large groups 15+
  • Conference calls
  • Screen sharing
Read Jeremiah Graham, MBA's full review
Cameron Aubernon profile photo
August 09, 2018

Review: "UberConference: The conference call app that can do it all for less, and do it anywhere"

• It records calls with a simple push of a button, and does let everyone know the call is being recorded, which is a plus for those living in two-party states.
  • The interface is clean and easy to use.
  • The paid features allow you to call anyone for a conference call.
  • Retrieving recorded files is easy, and all the files are available immediately upon the end of the call.
  • Any app that uses Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" as an option for on-hold music is a winner already.
  • I wish I didn't need to pay to get a custom number; why not at least follow Google Voice's lead?
  • I also wish I didn't need to pay to dial-out to add guests to a given call.
  • As much as I like Rick Astley, I also-also wish I didn't need to pay to upload my own on-hold music; I want some vaporwave floating in my guests' ears!
If you want a record of any conference call, UberConference can do it. If you're not near a phone, but you have a laptop or desktop, you can access UberConference without having to download an app. And if your team is all across the world, so long as they have internet access, they can call in without having to pay international calling charges.
Read Cameron Aubernon's full review
Felix Markman profile photo
June 18, 2018

UberConference Review: "The Best Free e-Meeting Solution"

• Lightweight: it's never crashed on me, as long as the browser isn't overloaded with tabs
  • Can be used for phone-only conversation. Uses can use it as a business phone line so as to not reveal their personal mobile.
  • Excellent user interface with chat feature. Easy to present for the host or for a guest.
  • Nice to have a custom url, i.e. www.uberconference.com/my_account_name
  • The default 'on hold' music can get old very quickly. Fortunately, users can remove it or change it, although it requires going into settings.
  • As mentioned previously, the main feature it lacks is ability to record videos. This feature would significantly improve Uberconference in relation to paid services.
UberConference is well suited for small groups (i.e. 4 individuals maximum). It doesn't have the advanced features that GoToMeeting (GTM) does like the toll-free option, HDFaces Video, or hand over control (ability to have guests control the host's mouse on the screen). Larger enterprise organizations may require advanced features for their organizations, and UberConference is not as robust as GoToMeeting. Larger organizations may also find value in using GoToMeeting from a branding perspective. GTM is considered a leader in the space, and large enterprises would benefit from aligning their companies with GTM.

For smaller groups and business, i.e. business with a lower budget, it's an excellent solution, as it is compatible across operating systems, desktop and mobile, and is as easy as typing in a URL into the browser. In contrast to GTM, UberConference doesn't have the depth of branding features, though the custom URL feature is enough for me.

It's the best free solution I've found.
Read Felix Markman's full review
August 17, 2018

UberConference Review: "Great Free Conferencing Solution"

• It's so easy to use that even associates who are using the 'big guys' in web conferencing will defer to using UberConference when we need to meet because they know it's so easy.
  • The ability to record the session to go back through for documentation if needed
  • The user interface is phenomenal
  • The audio quality is good but it can definitely be better
  • The Screenshare sometimes stutters and lags, but nothing too crazy and I really think they can fix that easily
Business communications, sales demos, customer training. We've found UberConference to be very easy to use and friendly for our non-technical customers.
November 29, 2018

User Review: "UberConference for Business"

We have used UberConference in multiple different departments throughout the company to hold meetings with our clients around the world. UberConference solves the problem of not being able to meet face to face with clients on a regular basis. It's helpful that we can all see and talk to each other in real time despite the geographic barriers.
  • UberConference allows us to meet with our clients across the globe in real time.
  • UberConference makes it easy to include multiple people into the meeting.
  • UberConference is also a great way to provide on-going training to our employees who work remotely.
  • I think it could be easier to share screens from user to user or to share more screens at once.
  • Working in design, it helps to be able to see multiple screens at the same time or to easily switch between them.
  • I think the overall functionality of the program is great.
UberConference is great for internal purposes such as on-going employee training or department meetings with remote employees. It is also the perfect tool for meeting with clients from different parts of the world. We have also utilized UberConference for doing demos of our programs and services to potential clients as well as current clients.
November 15, 2018

Review: "UberConference - Perfect No Frills Conference Calling"

Every team member has their own UberConference link. We use them for third-party calls, client reviews, and conferences with our remote teams. It allows us to talk to each other on demand with screen sharing capabilities. I use it a lot for product demos.
  • Screen Share
  • Showing Where & Who is on the conference
  • No downtime - there hasn't been a time where it completely cut off
  • A different waiting song
  • The ease of creating a unique URL
  • Use for webinars like goto meeting
UberConference works great one on one - sometimes it gets jumbled when everyone begins talking but that could happen anywhere.
October 30, 2018

UberConference Review: "Good for cash-strapped startups. Need a big-kid system eventually, though."

We were primarily using UberConference for our sales team and client success, but other members had accounts as well. It allowed us a cost-effective way to host screen shares on conference calls with a modern UI.
  • The interface is pretty decent.
  • One thing I like most is that no additional downloads are required for the person on the other end in order to view the screenshare. I've used other products like GoToMeeting where this wasn't the case
  • Very cost effective -- you can get most of the features using a free account.
  • Some people think it's cheesy, but I really like their default on-hold music...it's a guy singing a song accompanied by guitar and it's a funny parody of him being on hold.
  • The main reason we left UberConference for Zoom was we had issues with it not working WAY too frequently. There would be many times where the phone line or screen share wasn't working (or both). I'm pretty certain the problem was on their end because when I'd have meetings with other people that used UberConference they could complain about the same thing.
  • Not as robust feature-wise as Zoom or some of the other products out there.
I would recommend UberConference to a startup that's strapped for cash and needs an easy solution to host screen shares and one-on-one demos.
August 29, 2018

UberConference Review: "Great price for great audio and video quality."

Our entire organization is using UberConference. We are a fully remote company and communication is paramount to our success as an organization. UberConference is used to connect all departments for leadership discussions, and internally in each department for detailed discussions. It is used daily to debate ideas and eliminate assumptions. We also use it for our weekly company-wide status call.
  • Clear call quality
  • Easy distribution of meeting invites
  • Option for not having PIN numbers to enter calls
  • The screen share is finicky. It's failed in the past.
UberConference is well suited for remote teams. In our case it's been crucial for us as a communication tool that we use across the organization. Anytime we need to jump on a quick call with more than two people we use UberConference. Although, I wouldn't use it as a replacement for 1-on-1's. That would require a more intimate setting, such as face-to-face calls.
Natasia Malaihollo profile photo
May 18, 2018

Review: "Uberconference is a great teleconference tool for Startups and SMB's!"

We use Uberconference for all of our customer calls, sales calls, internal team meetings, and even investor calls. Prior to Uberconference, I used GoToMeeting, FreeConferenceCall, Skype, and Google Hangout. They were not as reliable as Uberconference. Quality of those calls was incredibly poor. GoToMeeting wasn't as bad as the others but the UX was so confusing to navigate and use. The quality of our calls with Uberconference is great, the UX/UI is very simple to use, we get the same number for all of our calls, and the price is very reasonable. You also get a dedicated URL so that you can easily send people to your URL for screen shares.
  • Quality of Call - no drop calls.
  • User experience and the user interface is simple and easy to use, very intuitive.
  • Easily accessible to other callers - dedicated phone number and URL makes it easy to connect.
  • Videoconference should be added, for those that want to do that.
  • Multiple numbers for the same account.
  • Fix the calendar invite share setting, it often sends multiple invites.
UberConference is great for startups but I think it can be used by any company. It's well suited for sales calls, customer support, investor calls, and team meetings. They offer screen share in addition to just the telephone conference so you can hold meetings. They are not suited for video conference calls as I do not think they currently offer that.
Read Natasia Malaihollo's full review
Nancy Chorpenning profile photo
April 11, 2018

User Review: "UberConference Is My Secret Weapon"

UberConference is my go-to app for conference calling. I use it as the default phone number for my online calendar appointments, with current and prospective clients. One of the most critical services it provides is a recording of the conversation that I provide to clients. This permits our conversation to "flow" without either of us having to take notes or become distracted.
  • Recording conversations is great, and gets emailed to me as soon as it's available
  • Clients can phone in or use their computer, or connect via app so it's convenient
  • Having a consistent phone number and link allows us to use this regularly
  • UberConference also permits multiple parties to call in to the conference
  • I like the ability to share my desktop to show users on other computers a visual
  • The interface can be confusing to some users, especially if they are
  • Occasionally, the sound settings on computers can cause problems that can be frustrating
This is ideal for anyone in a consulting or coaching profession. The consistent number/link, combined with the recording of the conversation make this a no-brainer. I do recommend this regularly to clients and colleagues alike for voice calls and meetings. As long as we don't need a video conference, UberConference provides the services we need.
Read Nancy Chorpenning's full review
Erick McKesson, MBA, PMP profile photo
April 06, 2018

UberConference Review: "A great solution for startups or free uses"

We used UberConference as our conference line and webex solution across the entire organization. It was an affordable solution for both conferencing and web meetings.
  • I really enjoyed the custom hold music. You would make it anything you want. They also have some pretty funny ones out of the box.
  • The user interface is streamlined and simple to use.
  • Screen sharing is really easy and I never had a problem with a client not being able to join due to downloads/firewalls, etc.
  • They could add more features like whiteboard.
  • Add Apple Airplay screen sharing.
  • I'm not sure if this is still the case, but each conference line had to be connected to an individual email address before. So, you couldn't just enable the lines for multiple people to use. We ended up setting up fake emails for each line and then sending out the pins and links to the groups that would share those lines.
It is really good as a free conference line solution. Great for startups or small companies - only $10/line for the upgraded version. It doesn't work as well for people wanting to share lines.
Read Erick McKesson, MBA, PMP's full review
Alicia Gates, CPA profile photo
February 23, 2018

Review: "As an intro to teleconferencing and screen sharing, UberConference is great!"

UberConference is the first software we used to allow us to conference call and/or screenshare with both employees and clients. Our staff is 100% remotely based, so being able to talk to our clients and staff helps us fill in the gaps in communication. It allows our team to build connections and culture and allows a trusting relationship to develop between our staff and our clients.

When training either staff or clients, the screen share capability is of the utmost importance. It allows us to have real time communication, like we're sitting side by side, instead of trying to email screen shots back and forth. Ultimately, it enhances our communication capabilities which makes it easier for our staff to do their work and makes our clients happy.
  • UberConference makes it easy to teleconference with more than one person. Sometimes you need to have 3 or more people on a phone call, and we don't have a phone system that supports that, so UberConference is how we can accomplish this. It's great because you just dial the phone number and you're in!
  • The screen sharing function, though it works just fine, seems to take up a significant amount of bandwidth and many times I see a frozen screen instead of fluid video streaming. I've used other softwares that seem to be better at this, so while the functionality does work, if I need to screen share often I will use a different software for that purpose.
  • More and more people are video conferencing these days, and that's one functionality that UberConference does not have. If they want to remain competitive, they may need to add this feature.
If you don't currently have a way to teleconference with more than 1 other person, UberConference is a good solution for that. If you need screen sharing capabilities as well, that's just a bonus feature for you. But if you have remotely based clients or staff and you want to develop good relationships with these people, video conferencing is a must. 80% of communication is non-verbal, so being able to SEE one another changes the dynamic of the conversation for the better.
Read Alicia Gates, CPA's full review
Yaacov Goldstein profile photo
February 14, 2018

UberConference Review: "Simple to use and incredibly useful"

I use UberConference to speak to my clients who are based in a different country than me. It can be a one to one call or one where there are numerous attendees. Sometimes I dial in from a desk phone but often using UberConference itself. Very occasionally I have used the screen share functionality.
  • So easy to set up a call
  • Call summary sent, shows who spoke and for how long
  • Identifies callers if information is available
  • The caller id function can be confusing because the name shown is often not someone who is expected to be on the call.
  • The free version only provides a US dial in number (understandably)
  • For arranging calls with people in different countries without the need to make an international call.
  • Arranging calls between multiple parties and locations.
  • For remote presentations when you want to show your screen.
Read Yaacov Goldstein's full review
May 29, 2018

UberConference Review: "Reliable Audio Conferencing Tool"

We use UberConference for conferences that do not require video. Many employees in the firm have their own line, and we use this tool often for small team meetings or check-ins. Since we often have team members working remotely or across offices, UberConference makes it easy to all connect.
  • It is very easy to use; you just dial into a number and provide the pin. This information could be shared with whoever you want to join the call.
  • Unlike a phone call, you do not need to be present for others to call. They can call in whenever they are ready and wait for others to join them.
  • There is also the option to record all calls, so you can record any important team meetings for those who cannot be there.
  • I haven't come across anything major I'd like changed.
It is great for audio conferences, but there are times when audio isn't enough. We also use a video conferencing system, which includes dial-in numbers for audio conferencing, so in that sense, that tool can be technically used instead of UberConference.
Mike Wittenstein profile photo
December 13, 2017

Review: "UberConference: When you need crystal clear call clarity and a great customer/user experience"

We use Uberconference for almost all of our meetings, interviews, design sessions, and phone calls. In a world characterized by changing schedules, not everyone makes it onto every call. UberConference makes it easy for people to catch up on what they missed. UberConference helps us get more done in less time and keeps everyone on the same page.
  • On prospecting or approach-setting calls, when UberConference is turned on, or consultants can focus on our clients' needs, not have to take as many notes, and feel confident that they won't miss a word.
  • Sometimes, we send our UberConference recordings to a transcription service. Within a few minutes or hours, we have a. full transcript including to do items, promises, and any pricing discussions.
  • UberConference'sUser interface is remarkably simple. Our clients never have problems getting onto their calls or figuring things out. That's true for the conference call portion as well as the screen sharing portion.
  • The invitations from UberConference are very easy to understand. It would be nice if the organizer could set their preference for voice only or for screen sharing. This would allow recipients to better prepare to share their screens on calls where that's needed.
  • When downloading a digital file from a previously recorded call, it would be nice if UberConference pre-populated the name of the call in the file title.
UberConference is great when you need a super high-quality recording of everyone's voice for later review. If small words, key phrases, and details matter, UberConference will capture all sides of the conversation so that you can stay focused on what you're saying and not on slowing things down to take notes.

UberConference isn't as helpful when you are outdoors, in noisy places, or when each speaker doesn't have close and easy access to a phone or microphone.
Read Mike Wittenstein's full review
Casey Boyles profile photo
November 29, 2017

UberConference Review: "A Modern Conference Line!"

We use UberConference across the entire organization for internal and external calls. It allows each employee to have their own personal conference lines without having to enter a PIN. It is much more convenient than traditional conference lines and if you access it via online you can see the location of the other guests on the call.
  • If viewing online you can see the location of all of the callers. It's particularly helpful to confirm participants on the line and check for unwanted listeners.
  • If you are a paying customer, callers can access your conference line without using a PIN. This avoids the problem of getting the conference PIN wrong.
  • The integrations are pretty helpful like Google Calendar and HubSpot.
  • The hold music is pretty great.
  • I like how it texts you when someone is waiting on the line.
  • Although the screenshare feature is great, it would be nice to have video sharing too.
  • It would be helpful if I could save more than one phone number as my own (work, cell) so I wouldn't get notifications that someone is waiting on the conference line if I call in.
  • It would be convenient to be able to lock the conference line to stop others joining if they call your number. I had a telemarketer join my conference call with a client.
UberConference is well suited to situations where multiple people need to join a phone call as you can fit up to 100 people on a line without using a PIN. If you are using the web version you can also see the location of the callers and share screens. If you are looking for a video sharing conference software this is not the tool for you.
Read Casey Boyles's full review
Lindsey Schultz profile photo
September 08, 2017

User Review: "UberConference UberFree!"

We use it to schedule free conference calls with customers and prospects. It is easy to use and is free!
  • Connects you and whoever else you invite to one bridge line to connect for a call.
  • It allows multiple people to dial in to one phone number.
  • Very easy to use and enter the phone number and pin.
  • There are a few times my customer has not been able to dial in and we had to call them directly.
  • It would be great to get some new hold music. The one song is a little annoying!
When multiple people who are in different locations need to dial into a phone line so they can connect and talk to each other. It is an easy way to make sure everyone can be on the phone without having to conference each other in.
Read Lindsey Schultz's full review
Benjamen Segal profile photo
August 30, 2017

Review: "UberConference is a great tool for sales"

We use UberConference for our conference calls and to record calls and share with team members. We have the professional version which is well worth the $100 or so annually. It also removes "this call provided for free "message.
  • Recording calls is easy and can be automatic.
  • Conference calls work great.
  • Internet based calls.
  • Could use button for host to mute all for demos.
Good for each sales rep. Not great for web conferences.
Read Benjamen Segal's full review
September 15, 2017

"UberConference Review"

UberConference is a low cast alternative to the other high priced conferencing solutions out there. Customer support is very helpful when needed. Services are feature rich as well. I would recommend this service.
  • Telephony connectivity
  • Customer Support
  • Web portal is easy to navigate.
  • Ability to remove licenses via portal.
The Free version is great if you only plan on having conferences that are less than 10 people.
TJ Ruff profile photo
June 12, 2017

Review: "Promising at First, But Uberconference's Inability to Record Screensharing Forced Us to Abandon It"

Uberconference was a promising web conference solution that we began using in early 2016, but that we were ultimately forced to abandon last month (May 2017) due its lack of common features (primarily the inability to record video) and issues with reliability and call quality - none of which seemed to improve in the 14 months that we used the solution. We first heard about Uberconference in early 2016, and quickly decided to go with it as it solved a few of our key problems at the time (we were previously using Join.me), including being able to lock meetings, provide more international phone numbers, and not require a download of any software in order to join a meeting. We were primarily looking for a web meeting/conferencing solution for our sales team, but our CEO and customer success team also had the need to communicate with customers and other external groups.

Truthfully, we wanted Uberconference to succeed in our organization as we loved the light footprint - the fact that it required no download - and its smooth UI, but our frustration continued to increase as the company continued to not release new features, but instead increased the price.
  • Light Footprint - most appealing to us about Uberconference was that it did not require any users/participants/attendees to download anything. It's a very refreshing approach honestly, and opened the door at some organizations where downloads weren't allowed. Just more convenient for our customers and prospects.
  • Great UI - Uberconference also had a simple and clean UI, and those we met with would often remark on that fact. There was only one UI snag that we would run into where occasionally (not often) weren't aware that they needed to join the audio one way or another.
  • Inexpensive - when we first started Uberconference was the least expensive and also offered month-to-month subscriptions.
  • Inability to Record Video (Screen Sharing) - a very common use case is recording a web meeting / screen share for review later - be it for training, to share with prospects and customers, etc. - but Uberconference was unable to deliver this functionality in the nearly 14 months that we used it. They only offered recordings exclusively of the audio. It became increasingly frustrating for us and those we worked with and talked to to be unable to deliver recordings of the screensharing, and ultimately became the primary reason we selected Zoom over Uberconference. To boot, along the way I was told by different customer service reps that they weren't aware if adding that functionality was even on the roadmap.
  • Problems with Call Quality - we began the relationship with Uberconference being aware of their immaturity and expected to see differences in reliability and call quality compared to larger vendors, and we were right. The problem again was that there didn't seem to be an improvement; several users in our company felt that reliability got worse over time, but we have no official measure to support that.
  • Lack of Product Progress - in our entire time with Uberconference, they never debuted a substantial new feature. They rearranged their UI, they changed their billing structure (added a "business" plan), and they increased the fees - but we never got ANY additional features that we were hoping for, causing us to lose trust that they'd ultimately deliver ANY of our product requests.
Uberconference does offer a very light footprint, and might be a decent backup option when things occasionally go wrong with any of the other web conference solutions; it is easy to access and get into, doesn't require a download, and has a free option. Also, some may be okay without video recording... for my sales team, that was a critical feature though.

That being said, due to its inability to record a screen share and the lack of reliability/call quality, I would only advocate this as a light weight backup; I would not recommend Uberconference as your workhorse web conferencing solution.
Read TJ Ruff's full review
Daniel Coburn profile photo
March 23, 2017

Review: "UberConference.... lives up to its name."

UberConference is a great software for hosting screen shares and conference calls. Even in the free version, you are able to obtain a custom URL (usually extra) and a dedicated dial-in with PIN. It enables you to set up recurring meetings since the data is the same and also provides a nice plug-in into Google Apps for populating your personal UberConference details into a meeting request.
  • Screen sharing is an important part of the selling and supporting process.
  • Allows our teams to have dedicated conference credentials without worrying about a per-seat fee.
  • The software could make it easier to hand off control to another user.
This is an especially great tool for companies that do substantial amounts of presentations with remote clients or employees. The free version is limited to 10 people in a conference, but I have not hit that limit. For the paid version you go up to 100 and can get toll-free numbers. So if you're working with international clients or teams you may want to pay for that service.
Read Daniel Coburn's full review

UberConference Scorecard Summary

Hosted PBX (8)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (6)
User templates (5)
Call reports (15)
Directory of employee names (6)
Answering rules (4)
Message alerts (12)
Video conferencing (11)
Audio conferencing (21)
Mobile app for iOS (8)
Mobile app for Android (8)

About UberConference