UberConference Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Jason Carlage profile photo
UberConference is being used by our sales and sales support teams. It helps us to present our product to potential customers online, and it allows us to train current customers. We also sometimes have multiple people on the call so we need the conference line as well as the screenshare function.
  • Easy to log in. We send a link out to sales prospects who haven't used the site before, and it doesn't require any downloads or plugins to join the conference or view our screenshare.
  • The screenshare function is strong. It connects quickly and we rarely get disconnected unless we're in a bad service area.
  • The site has a clean look to it. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles that get in the way and complicate things.
  • They've recently undergone a facelift which is nice, but I've found it more difficult for potential customers to connect to their computer audio. I might be missing where to find the instructions, but lately we've been having some trouble with this.
  • While the screen share function as the presenter is easy, if I ask potential customers to share screen, they are required to go through a few steps. This is okay for folks who are good with tech, but many potential customers have trouble with the download. We've been using the free version - the paid version might eliminate this problem, although I'm not sure.
  • Another function they've added with the facelift is the ability to show your face via the webcam. I can see this being a nice feature but we often present from a coffee shop or even our cars, and some of our potential customers aren't in a place where they'd like to show their face. It's easy for most folks to disable the camera but some who aren't great with tech don't know how to do this. One of the things we've always liked about UberConference is it's simplicity and this just added an extra step. I wish there was a setting for us to disable this option but there doesn't seem to be.
The free version I would absolutely recommend, we've had some great use out of it for the past few years. Presenting, sharing screen, the conference line and some other features are all free. If we did need more analytics and more features, perhaps making it easier for the potential customer to share screen, we might re-start the search and we'd potentially rate UberConference lower, but for the free version it's been great for us.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
Kent Lewis profile photo
We use UberConference across the organization to communicate with clients, prospects, and partners. I personally use it as a critical platform supporting sales efforts, and our team uses it primarily to share reports with clients. It allows us to work with clients all over the world easily and affordably.
  • I appreciate being able to select a local phone number: it adds credibility and convenience for in-market clients/prospects.
  • I like being able to customize the hold music. One of our employees wrote and produced custom hold music for Anvil, which generates discussion and engagement as an ice-breaker.
  • The screen sharing is easy-to-use and is far more reliable than in the past. Prospects and clients do not have to download any app to make it work properly.
  • UberConference does make regular updates but could do a better job informing users. For example, screen sharing changed, and I thought the platform didn't work, but I didn't realize I had to highlight an option to make it work. Not intuitive, but now that I know, it's all good.
  • Initially, the platform was not compatible with any browser other than Chrome, and even then, it was inconsistent. It's improved dramatically since then.
If you manage sales or client service, this is an ideal communication platform... conference call with a dedicated line and a reasonably robust web conference capability. I like the ability to record and the automated call summaries as well.
Read Kent Lewis's full review
Steven Duran profile photo
We use it as a simple conference call tool that allows us to coordinate with multiple clients and potential clients across the country. The integration between phone, computer, and mobile application has been really helpful. I just had a potential client make a comment on how much she appreciated the "call waiting" feature that is included in the standard package.
  • Integrates with Google Calendar.
  • Customized to my personal profile.
  • Automatically sends me a call summary once completed.
  • I'd like better video conferencing capabilities.
  • I'd like outside people to be able to send information prior to the call via UberConferencing.
  • If possible, it would be great to have a different name instead of "Uber."
If there's a conference call that needs to be set up with a dedicated conference call number, then UberConferencing is perfectly suited to handle that scenario. It allows people to call in from multiple time zones and participate in the conference call. It's really simple to set up the conference call and share the call details with multiple people.
Read Steven Duran's full review
Emmett Armstrong profile photo
I schedule calls with my clients on a weekly basis, and I always use UberConference. I'm a remote company, so it's very important that I have an easy way to set up meetings with clients. UberConference is by far the easiest way that I've found to get everyone on the same conference line, WITHOUT having to enter a ridiculousness pin number.
  • Ease of use. One click to copy conference information to the clipboard.
  • User Interface. It's easy to tell who is talking and who is on the line.
  • Control. I can mute or kick people at will, record the conference, etc.
  • It seems like there are multiple steps to schedule future conferences, this workflow seems a bit cumbersome and I normally just paste the info into an email to invite.
  • It doesn't remember my contacts easily, it seems.
  • Sometimes the screenshare is hard to view. It needs to be easier to expand someone's shared screen.
It may be hard to manage a large team that's all trying to use the conference line. I only have one user, myself! I don't have to worry about conflicting with others on my team. I love being able to just tell people to dial one number, and then to get an alert on my phone if anyone is on the line without my knowledge.
Read Emmett Armstrong's full review
Erin Leonard profile photo
Our whole company (11 people) uses UberConference. We have one paid account and everyone else uses the free version. We LOVE it. It is simple, seamless, reliable and has everything we need. It's easy to jump onto calls to share your screen, which we do a lot. It works well for one-on-one or larger groups. In terms of the free version, it is definitely the best conferencing software I've encountered yet. I literally have no complaints about my experience with UberConference.
  • Simple
  • Very fast!
  • Nice user interface
  • Easy to screenshare
  • Sometimes it doesn't match phone number + computer perfectly.
  • The hold music can be annoying
It is perfect when you just need a simple conference line, that can be ready in a moment's notice without having to pre-schedule. You can record calls, and basically anything you need is there.

It doesn't have more advanced webinar capabilities but that is no issue for us!
Read Erin Leonard's full review
Joshua Long profile photo
UberConference is the backup conference line for various team calls when a video chat isn't necessary. It allows us to call in easily, call out to connect members, and manage members while on the call to mute anyone that's got background noise. The system is so much easier to connect to and manage compared to other conference lines and the ability to recognize callers' ID to automatically add them to the call is a real bonus.
  • Connect members by calling out to them
  • Calling from the web is very convenient and makes call management a breeze
  • Caller ID recognition to automatically add users to calls makes connecting that much easier
  • The screen sharing feature is pretty clunky, having to install the browser plugin and doesn't share as intuitively as other screen share apps.
  • The location tracking function is good, but not great, depending on where the caller is joining from.
It is a fantastic platform for all group call situations and really only falls short when video or screen sharing is needed.
Read Joshua Long's full review
Chris Lesner profile photo
September 24, 2019

Uberconference is the best

Uberconference helps run our client calls as well as webinars. We use this to setup meetings with prospective clients as well as talk to our current customers. It helps us talk to them quickly via conference call then also provides the recordings so we can use the calls to continue to learn what our customers want moving forward.
  • Screensharing
  • Video Conference Calls
  • Great for webinars
  • Could have better webinar functionality
  • Could be great to have a link option for joining without having to type in your name
  • Cheaper product would be nice!
Uberconference is the best conference calling software that we have used to date. It's one of the easiest pieces of software to use as well as provides a great user experience for our customers. I would say that our customers are consistently rating their experience on Uberconference as a 9 or 10 out of 10.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
Josh Walker profile photo
It was used by the agency for the better part of 3 years until we switched to Slack for internal audio/video calls and Zoom for client video/screenshare calls. We used it early on, due to the free usage and ease of setup. Not having to pay to host conference calls was very convenient.
  • Free to use.
  • Easy to set up.
  • It's easy to invite others to calls.
  • Audio quality could be choppy sometimes.
  • No video options.
  • No screen sharing.
UberConference is best suited for independent contractors, freelancers, and startups that don't have a lot of cash to put toward a paid solution, but still need a convenient online conference call solution. It is less appropriate for calls where you need to share your screen or do a presentation to clients.
Read Josh Walker's full review
Jared DeLong profile photo
UberConference is being used by our customer onboarding team for kickoff calls, data migration reviews, and trainings. Other departments such as our sales and marketing teams will use it as well, but it's most heavily used by our support and success teams. The app is super user-friendly and quickly allows us to hop on calls with customers as needed.
  • Simple and intuitive UI design, which is crucial for our customers who may not be very tech savvy.
  • Their connectivity and signal strength is great for screen shares and hosting lots of users at once.
  • Their platform is free to use, which is great for our growing team. You can also schedule international calls, which isn't always supported by other tools we've used.
  • Sometimes the connection can be a bit shaky, so improved performance would be great.
  • You currently cannot control someone else's screen when doing a screen share, so that would be a great feature add.
  • They have time limits for their screen shares for the free version, which is understandable.
UberConference is great for a lean team that needs a free solution that works well for screen shares and international customers. It's great for those who aren't very tech savvy. As our team grows, we'll probably look to use RingCentral Meetings moving forward, since the connection strength tends to be better and you have the ability to control someone's screen.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Raúl Galera Domínguez profile photo
This is a must-have tool for the partnerships department at ReferralCandy. This is the platform we use for our calls with partners, as well as demo calls and even to record podcast episodes at some point. One of the features I like the most is that users can join either from their computers or cellphones, and it's a very robust platform to run screen-sharing sessions.
  • Screen-sharing.
  • Multi-user conference calls.
  • Call recordings.
  • It does not allow users to join a web conference from their smartphones. It forces them to join it from their regular cellphone line.
Scenarios where UberConference is well suited:
- Customer calls.
- Demo (presentation, screen-sharing) calls.

Scenarios where UberConference is less appropriate:
- I used to say that UberConference might not be a good fit for team calls, since they didn't offer video calls, but after their last update they're now also offering HD video calls, so now I can't really think of a scenario in which UberConference would not work.
Read Raúl Galera Domínguez's full review
Kimball Lybbert profile photo
We use it daily for demos with all our clients and customers, in all departments, especially sales and customer support.
The only problems we encounter are usually on the other end with connection issues.
  • I love the simplicity of the screen share.
  • Great communication channels. Clear lines when talking, even with several users at the same time.
  • A simple login process for guests.
  • I know there's a Chat option, but I also wish there was a "Question" button, for when we're doing demos to multiple people and they're less inclined to speak up.
  • I wish you could eliminate the Holding 'beep' sound when using a separate dialer application.
  • Or It would be nice if UberConference had a dialing service built-in.
It does everything we need it to do for the demos that we do, without it taking away from the presentation.
Read Kimball Lybbert's full review
Matthew Gardner profile photo
September 19, 2019

More like flakeyconference

UberConference was used by our sales team, but we have since moved to Zoom. We had a lot of latency issues when talking overseas etc. and the feature set of UberConference is less than Zoom.
  • Video calls.
  • Drops.
  • Latency.
  • Lag.
Uberconference seemed to be lower cost and easier to admin/use than other solutions, but as you scale outside of North America, the service was flakey.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
Benjamin E. Jerew profile photo
We use UberConference for weekly meetings to keep our worldwide team on task and up to date. Emails and text messages are alright, but some decisions need to be made on face to face discussion. Given the team is all over the place, UberConference is the next best step.
  • It communicates via website or phone.
  • Records voice sessions.
  • The screen sharing is nice.
  • The current Android app is basically just a phone redirect, not a communicator.
  • On-screen text chat could use improvement.
For small teams, UberConference seems a good choice. Larger teams in the discussion might not benefit unless UberConference adds something like a hand-raise or buzz-in. It could probably be used for a webinar-type discussion, mostly one-way.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Lisa Jeffries profile photo
We use UberConference nearly daily for quick access to a local phone number conference line and screen sharing capabilities with both clients and external vendors. Our end-users appreciate how easy it is to use and as the key decision-maker and company owner, I think the pricing is incredibly competitive. In our nearly daily use, I can count the number of times on one hand that there have ever been quality or technical issues with UberConference - reliability is fantastic.
  • Value
  • Reliability
  • Ease of Use
  • Recording
  • Chrome-Only Extension for Screen Sharing
  • Onboarding with Dialpad
UberConference is a fantastic solution when you'll have various parties calling in for conference calls with limited technical know-how.
Read Lisa Jeffries's full review
Greg La Montagna- CPC profile photo
We use UberConference for internal meetings with candidates and clients.
  • Simple to use
  • Clear and crisp
  • Effective in communication and engagement with our clients and candidates
  • Pretty ease to use, so it functions well
  • Maybe video chat
  • Can't think of anything
It's simple and just works- way better than Google Hangouts.
Read Greg La Montagna- CPC's full review
Matt Rychener profile photo
September 26, 2019

I Love UberConference

We use UberConference for board meetings when board members cannot be present or for discussions with prospective clients.
  • Simple to use.
  • Great audio quality.
  • Simple to administer.
  • Honestly, I have no ideas for improvements. The platform does exactly what we want.
We've found UberConference to be best when the remote user is stationary at a workstation, and less successful when the user was driving in a car on a mobile phone.
Read Matt Rychener's full review
James Hicks profile photo
Across organization (internal and external). We use UberConference for team discussions and also for on-air interviews.
  • Ease of configuration
  • Cross platform functionality
  • High functionality with low learning curve
  • N/A- UberConference meets all needs I have for a conferencing platform
Greatly suited for small to midsize organizations (I point those out since I fit in that category). The ability to quickly start a session then add new attendees and if wanted and record that session - very helpful.
Read James Hicks's full review
Jared Lyda profile photo
We use UberConference as a dial-in line for conference calls. It's an easy way to just have people call in to get multiple people on the same call together. No one has to download software or enter a dial-in PIN. Just call the phone number and you're in.
  • Conference calls
  • Webinars
  • The on-hold music is annoying and difficult to figure out how to turn off
UberConference is a simple conference line where people can call in to collaborate. If you're looking for something that's a little bit more robust with a lot of functionality, there is other software that will get you what you want. If you're looking for something inexpensive and simple, this is it.
Read Jared Lyda's full review
We use UberConference throughout our entire organization. We have a number of colleagues that work remotely, so we use it for internal meetings as well as external meetings with our clients. It provides a seamless and user-friendly way to schedule and attend phone conferences. As a company that works with a lot of different clients, it's important for us to use an application that is simple for new users.
  • Extremely user-friendly.
  • Seamless screen-sharing.
  • No app download required.
  • We've heard from several clients that they're unsure what information is required for them to dial in for the first time. They think they have to sign up for an account when they don't, so that doesn't seem to be communicated particularly well.
  • You can't record a screen share. Only audio can be recorded.
  • The mute button for the hold music is sometimes faulty.
Since you can't record screen shares using UberConference, it would not be well-suited for anyone who needs to record the video from their meetings often. We have to use a separate app anytime we need to record video for a tutorial. It is well-suited for someone who has a lot of conferences with people outside their organization and is looking for a very easy-to-use conferencing application.
As an independent consultant, I used UberConference to connect with clients and other consultants. It provided an easy and free way to connect multiple individuals with the ability to share screens. It addressed the need to have a single dial-in solution without the cost or commitment of a long term contract (or any contract for that matter).
  • One-touch mobile dial-in
  • Screen sharing capabilities
  • Simple user interface
  • Screen sharing often hit technical difficulties
  • For those unfamiliar with the technology and joining from a computer versus the phone, they sometimes hit technical snags
  • Connection issues for screen sharing
Great for disparate teams who don't need video and mostly need a conference line for phone calls. If you're looking for video-call functionality, UberConference is not the solution. If you need a ton of screen sharing, I would look elsewhere. That said, it worked well for my small business and our specific needs. There is no software to download so it makes welcoming new folks to the convo very easy.
We use UberConference both internally with our employees as well as externally with our clients. We use it to sync up development projects and keep our clients abreast of our progress with ongoing projects. It helps everyone get organized in order to stay productive and efficient. The recording feature is very helpful for us as well.
  • Call quality - Rarely is there a time that the call quality isn't up to par
  • Screen sharing - Accurate reflection of the presenters screen with very minimal lag time
  • Call Transcription - Great that you can get a transcription of each call in a text format for future reference
  • Screen recording - I am not sure if they have this on their radar for development but this would be a great feature to add
Great for getting your internal team in sync as well as communicating and demonstrating project updates via a screenshare with clients
UberConference is used when needed by vendors requesting meetings from outside of our company. UberConference is easy to use as a means of communicating via voice and shared screens to streamline communication and ensure everyone is on the same page with respect to details on product demos and other technology needs.
  • Conferencing multiple people from different geographic regions
  • Sharing screens to makes sure everyone has access to the same information
  • Call/Meeting reminders
  • The wait time before people join the conference has awful music
  • Mobile usage is okay but can always be improved
  • Encourage sign on reminders 10 minutes before a meeting to make sure everything necessary is installed
Free conference calling for connecting people from across geographic areas.
Setting up conferences can be confusing with respect to time zone changes and connections.
As a consultant I use UberConference to have daily, weekly, and monthly meetings with clients. It's important to have clear communication on a regular basis with these clients. Of course, the phone would work for most of this but using UberConference allows me to share my screen and provides a way for multiple people to log into one central place to do this.
  • Bring multiple people together in one place. One log in. One phone number. It just simplifies connecting.
  • Being able to share my screen to walk clients through demonstrations, processes, and to review analytics.
  • I'm using the free version so I have no added monthly costs to pay.
  • They just upgraded the platform and there is no way to turn off the camera. I don't mind the camera but my clients do sometimes, especially if it just pops on and they are unprepared.
  • The recording only records audio. I realize that I have the free version - beggars can't be choosers but video is really important, too.
  • Invites don't always go into the Inbox.
It's well suited for quick meetings as well as scheduled meetings. If you need a recording, and using the free version, you won't get that.
Uber Conference was being used mostly within the IT department to hold meetings. It proved easy to set up and easy to use even by technophobes in other departments. We found it most useful for screen sharing. The feature set is good. The user interface is pleasing to look at but doesn't get in the way.
  • Simple invite system for meetings.
  • A clean user interface that doesn't distract.
  • Meeting recording functionality is a nice feature.
  • Icons are clean but some users may need the words next to the icons.
  • Call record button could be more prominent.
UberConference is a great tool for a quick conference call. It has proven reliable and easy to use for my group. I really have no major complaints at all. I appreciate the free tier use option for smaller infrequent calls and the fact that UberConference does not require any downloads! That is huge for companies that lockdown user's PCs.
September 21, 2019

UberConference!

We use UberConference for a few different solutions. Usually it's used for onboarding new users on our product. The screen sharing feature of the conference tool was the biggest win here. This helped when a client needed to show us their user experience.
  • The screen sharing was good, but low resolution in some cases.
  • It's easy for the attendees to use the link. There's no need to download apps and use precious time.
  • It's pretty reliable in most instances.
  • We've had dropped calls every now and then.
  • We couldn't record calls.
  • Many clients thought the name was odd, or thought it was related to Uber ride share.
This is an excellent solution for anyone who needs a quick and easy conference solution. If you're okay to not record your conferences, this should do the job. This not as fully featured as solutions like Zoom, but the simplicity is a nice change.

High quality audio (3)
High quality video (2)
Low bandwidth requirements (2)
6.5
Mobile support (2)
Desktop sharing (3)
Calendar integration (2)
Meeting initiation (2)
Record meetings / events (3)
Live chat (2)
9.5
Q&A (1)
User authentication (2)
Participant roles & permissions (1)
Confidential attendee list (1)

About UberConference

UberConference is a web conferencing platform with document management capability that integrates with third-party applications such as Google Drive, LinkedIn, Evernote, and Dropbox. It includes features such as screen sharing, call controls, call recording, and a mobile application. A unique feature that UberConference provides is custom hold music. Users can simply upload .mp3 files in their app settings for meeting and conference participants to listen to while they wait for the conversation to begin. Additionally, UberConference provides analytics on meetings and conference calls for providing insight into business communications.

In terms of pricing, UberConference provides a basic, free option for users or a paid, business-class offering. Clients can choose to be billed on a monthly or yearly basis. Monthly pricing is at $15/mo and yearly pricing is at $10/mo. The business offering supports up to 100 conference participants whereas the free option supports up to 10.