Reviews (1-25 of 60)
- Easy to log in. We send a link out to sales prospects who haven't used the site before, and it doesn't require any downloads or plugins to join the conference or view our screenshare.
- The screenshare function is strong. It connects quickly and we rarely get disconnected unless we're in a bad service area.
- The site has a clean look to it. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles that get in the way and complicate things.
- They've recently undergone a facelift which is nice, but I've found it more difficult for potential customers to connect to their computer audio. I might be missing where to find the instructions, but lately we've been having some trouble with this.
- While the screen share function as the presenter is easy, if I ask potential customers to share screen, they are required to go through a few steps. This is okay for folks who are good with tech, but many potential customers have trouble with the download. We've been using the free version - the paid version might eliminate this problem, although I'm not sure.
- Another function they've added with the facelift is the ability to show your face via the webcam. I can see this being a nice feature but we often present from a coffee shop or even our cars, and some of our potential customers aren't in a place where they'd like to show their face. It's easy for most folks to disable the camera but some who aren't great with tech don't know how to do this. One of the things we've always liked about UberConference is it's simplicity and this just added an extra step. I wish there was a setting for us to disable this option but there doesn't seem to be.
- I appreciate being able to select a local phone number: it adds credibility and convenience for in-market clients/prospects.
- I like being able to customize the hold music. One of our employees wrote and produced custom hold music for Anvil, which generates discussion and engagement as an ice-breaker.
- The screen sharing is easy-to-use and is far more reliable than in the past. Prospects and clients do not have to download any app to make it work properly.
- UberConference does make regular updates but could do a better job informing users. For example, screen sharing changed, and I thought the platform didn't work, but I didn't realize I had to highlight an option to make it work. Not intuitive, but now that I know, it's all good.
- Initially, the platform was not compatible with any browser other than Chrome, and even then, it was inconsistent. It's improved dramatically since then.
- Integrates with Google Calendar.
- Customized to my personal profile.
- Automatically sends me a call summary once completed.
- I'd like better video conferencing capabilities.
- I'd like outside people to be able to send information prior to the call via UberConferencing.
- If possible, it would be great to have a different name instead of "Uber."
- Ease of use. One click to copy conference information to the clipboard.
- User Interface. It's easy to tell who is talking and who is on the line.
- Control. I can mute or kick people at will, record the conference, etc.
- It seems like there are multiple steps to schedule future conferences, this workflow seems a bit cumbersome and I normally just paste the info into an email to invite.
- It doesn't remember my contacts easily, it seems.
- Sometimes the screenshare is hard to view. It needs to be easier to expand someone's shared screen.
It doesn't have more advanced webinar capabilities but that is no issue for us!
- Connect members by calling out to them
- Calling from the web is very convenient and makes call management a breeze
- Caller ID recognition to automatically add users to calls makes connecting that much easier
- The screen sharing feature is pretty clunky, having to install the browser plugin and doesn't share as intuitively as other screen share apps.
- The location tracking function is good, but not great, depending on where the caller is joining from.
- Video Conference Calls
- Great for webinars
- Could have better webinar functionality
- Could be great to have a link option for joining without having to type in your name
- Cheaper product would be nice!
- Simple and intuitive UI design, which is crucial for our customers who may not be very tech savvy.
- Their connectivity and signal strength is great for screen shares and hosting lots of users at once.
- Their platform is free to use, which is great for our growing team. You can also schedule international calls, which isn't always supported by other tools we've used.
- Sometimes the connection can be a bit shaky, so improved performance would be great.
- You currently cannot control someone else's screen when doing a screen share, so that would be a great feature add.
- They have time limits for their screen shares for the free version, which is understandable.
- Customer calls.
- Demo (presentation, screen-sharing) calls.
Scenarios where UberConference is less appropriate:
- I used to say that UberConference might not be a good fit for team calls, since they didn't offer video calls, but after their last update they're now also offering HD video calls, so now I can't really think of a scenario in which UberConference would not work.
The only problems we encounter are usually on the other end with connection issues.
- I love the simplicity of the screen share.
- Great communication channels. Clear lines when talking, even with several users at the same time.
- A simple login process for guests.
- I know there's a Chat option, but I also wish there was a "Question" button, for when we're doing demos to multiple people and they're less inclined to speak up.
- I wish you could eliminate the Holding 'beep' sound when using a separate dialer application.
- Or It would be nice if UberConference had a dialing service built-in.
- It communicates via website or phone.
- Records voice sessions.
- The screen sharing is nice.
- The current Android app is basically just a phone redirect, not a communicator.
- On-screen text chat could use improvement.
- Extremely user-friendly.
- Seamless screen-sharing.
- No app download required.
- We've heard from several clients that they're unsure what information is required for them to dial in for the first time. They think they have to sign up for an account when they don't, so that doesn't seem to be communicated particularly well.
- You can't record a screen share. Only audio can be recorded.
- The mute button for the hold music is sometimes faulty.
- One-touch mobile dial-in
- Screen sharing capabilities
- Simple user interface
- Screen sharing often hit technical difficulties
- For those unfamiliar with the technology and joining from a computer versus the phone, they sometimes hit technical snags
- Connection issues for screen sharing
- Call quality - Rarely is there a time that the call quality isn't up to par
- Screen sharing - Accurate reflection of the presenters screen with very minimal lag time
- Call Transcription - Great that you can get a transcription of each call in a text format for future reference
- Screen recording - I am not sure if they have this on their radar for development but this would be a great feature to add
- Conferencing multiple people from different geographic regions
- Sharing screens to makes sure everyone has access to the same information
- Call/Meeting reminders
- The wait time before people join the conference has awful music
- Mobile usage is okay but can always be improved
- Encourage sign on reminders 10 minutes before a meeting to make sure everything necessary is installed
Setting up conferences can be confusing with respect to time zone changes and connections.
- Bring multiple people together in one place. One log in. One phone number. It just simplifies connecting.
- Being able to share my screen to walk clients through demonstrations, processes, and to review analytics.
- I'm using the free version so I have no added monthly costs to pay.
- They just upgraded the platform and there is no way to turn off the camera. I don't mind the camera but my clients do sometimes, especially if it just pops on and they are unprepared.
- The recording only records audio. I realize that I have the free version - beggars can't be choosers but video is really important, too.
- Invites don't always go into the Inbox.
- Simple invite system for meetings.
- A clean user interface that doesn't distract.
- Meeting recording functionality is a nice feature.
- Icons are clean but some users may need the words next to the icons.
- Call record button could be more prominent.
- The screen sharing was good, but low resolution in some cases.
- It's easy for the attendees to use the link. There's no need to download apps and use precious time.
- It's pretty reliable in most instances.
- We've had dropped calls every now and then.
- We couldn't record calls.
- Many clients thought the name was odd, or thought it was related to Uber ride share.
- Ease of joining a meeting, no PIN, just dial a number and connect
- Ability to easily screen share
- New webcam addition, you can see and hear those in your meetings.
- When joining a meeting, would like webcam settings remembered, sometimes I join without remembering to turn off my camera.
- Warning that users of older browsers will have limited functionality before trying to share a screen (at log in).
UberConference Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
UberConference is a web conferencing platform with document management capability that integrates with third-party applications such as Google Drive, LinkedIn, Evernote, and Dropbox. It includes features such as screen sharing, call controls, call recording, and a mobile application. A unique feature that UberConference provides is custom hold music. Users can simply upload .mp3 files in their app settings for meeting and conference participants to listen to while they wait for the conversation to begin. Additionally, UberConference provides analytics on meetings and conference calls for providing insight into business communications.
In terms of pricing, UberConference provides a basic, free option for users or a paid, business-class offering. Clients can choose to be billed on a monthly or yearly basis. Monthly pricing is at $15/mo and yearly pricing is at $10/mo. The business offering supports up to 100 conference participants whereas the free option supports up to 10.
UberConference Technical Details