The ultimate sales sidekick
October 10, 2018
The ultimate sales sidekick
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ZoomInfo
ZoomInfo was being used by both the sales and marketing departments. ZoomInfo provided our sales department with company and employee information they could use during prospecting/cold calling. Rather than relying on outdated record information housed in the database, the sales department was able to cross-check account information with ZoomInfo information to make sure that they had the most up to date records. ZoomInfo was an easy way to quickly gather necessary contact information such as direct line, email, and even employment history to create a robust record in the CRM.
- Provides critical contact information such as direct line, email, affiliations, employment history, and even education. All of this can be used while prospecting clients.
- ZoomInfo is able to integrate with Salesforce, which makes importing and updating new contacts 100 times easier. Within the ZoomInfo portal on a Salesforce company record, you have the ability to filter by location, department, and even employee name to find the correct contacts.
- Once the Zoominfo Chrome extension is downloaded, you are able to access basic company information from within your Chrome browser. This feature is especially helpful when sales representatives are conducting research on potential clients (companies), but do not have a record created in the CRM. You can see number of employees, company phone, location, industry, etc.
- Sometimes provides outdated information.
- If your Salesforce has customized fields on contact records, uploading new contacts directly from ZoomInfo might not work properly.
- I cannot think of a third con about ZoomInfo.
- ZoomInfo helped us clean our database. The database our team was working with was very large, which often meant outdated information. Reps were able to use ZoomInfo quickly to find the current decision makers at companies to call.
- ZoomInfo's filter feature proved beneficial for our employees. Sales reps could filter by industry to discover new companies they have never worked with, which expanded our outreach and increased sales.
- Faster lead conversion. Using the information provided by ZoomInfo, sales reps have direct access to the decision makers email and phone. This meant they rarely got stuck at the gatekeeper and were able to increase their talk time with the correct contacts.
The only other product similar to ZoomInfo that I used was archaic and did not sync directly with our CRM, therefore I do not remember the name. Gathering leads was a manual process. Once you gathered all of your leads you had to export to Excel, then upload to your database. Every step of the way ZoomInfo has been easy to use. From setting up new users, managing users, and conducting company/employee research, ZoomInfo's platform has proved to be very user-friendly.
I believe ZoomInfo is great for sales teams that are conducting a lot of prospecting. ZoomInfo is an easy way to keep your database up to date and easily discover/research new companies or clients to contact. The only reason I would give ZoomInfo a 9/10 is due to the outdated information. I'm not certain how they pull their information, but our company record always listed our old address location even though we had been at our new location for 1 year +.