HubSpot Sales Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have known of HubSpot for years and mainly read their articles until I was sent a link to try out HubSpot sales web tool. I learned that they provided a CRM web-host software that helped small businesses like me to automate the sales process, create lead capture forms, and helped me create personalized emails and reminders. It is a free tool that’s suitable for any SME’s ready to fast-track their sales process.
  • A free tool for any small business and with options to upgrade for those needing more advanced features.
  • One of my favorite features is being able to get real-time engagement updates that send me a notification as soon as my email is sent and opened by a customer.
  • Another cool feature is that it can automatically record clients' contact details, actions, and it integrates with my Gmail. So, after syncing my Gmail account, it can automatically save all contact details used with that email account into my own little database.
  • When I first started using HubSpot, I just didn’t understand the tool and how it could benefit my business. I feel HubSpot is not the greatest in explaining the true impact it can have on a small business.
  • Although a I love that it can sync with Google Calendar, unfortunately it doesn’t sync with any other calendar tool.
  • I dislike the restrictions on the form fields when creating signup forms for your email newsletter or digital resource opt-in forms.
  • The integrations I found to be very limited, and when you can connect particular tools it only works with very well known ones, so it can be hard to make the lead generation and sales process work seamlessly.
I would and I have recommended HubSpot to a lot of small businesses that are now ready to scale and are looking to set up their systems and processes in order to save them time and frustration. The fact that it’s primarily by feel and has features that help to create landing pages, automate communications and alert you on potential leads is fantastic.
The only downside with HubSpot is when you want to grow beyond the free tool. The steep cost from the free to the paid plan is a major expense, and that may push others to look for an alternative that are more cost-effective.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
Chris Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for our sales team, to remove friction from the sales process and to ensure alignment between sales and marketing. I also implement HubSpot sales across other organizations for similar reasons. Properly implemented, the toolset helps sales to spend more time having sales conversations with prospects that are ready to have a sales conversation. It also helps sales to understand the context of a prospect so that all messaging is relevant and helps the prospect move forward.
  • Understand context and timing.
  • End to end tracking of the sales process and alignment with marketing and service.
  • Drives relevant conversations with prospects.
  • Removes friction from the sales process.
  • The reporting is still evolving but the focus on the constant evolution of the product means you don’t wait long for things to improve.
HubSpot Sales is well suited for powering a team of BDR's and helping them be faster, more efficient and intensely focused on the customer and their needs.
Read Chris Grant's full review
HubSpot Sales is used by my organization for lead generation/tracking. It is used primarily by the sales and business development team however marketing is also involved as it shows were traffic is originating from. It is an excellent tool to solve the problem of, where do my leads come from? how do I maximize that?
  • Very user friendly UI.
  • Makes lead analysis enjoyable. Allows me to maximize use of best marketing/sales avenues
  • Excellent for updating solution
  • Reporting dashboard and the customizability could be improved.
  • It could be faster (loading). But so could every other software.
  • Cleaning up old leads/accounts/names is challenging.
Hubspot Sales is excellent for building a sales pipeline and engaging with those prospects with targeted messaging. It allows you to understand why they came across your product and therefore why they are interested. It lacks slightly in the prospect outreach side of things. A/B testing is difficult and scaling this across a large team would be challenging.
We use Hubspot Sales templates to interact with our customers and we also use the document tool where the system will give us notifications when someone opens our files. That way we can track and better target the right leads. We also use sales reports and deals to assign leads to the sales team and track who is making efforts to reach out to customers and what actions are missing.
  • Reports are easy and clear.
  • Templates are easy to share and edit.
  • Love the document sharing tool - easy to track interactions.
  • Some of the existing reports are not that useful for us; you have to know how to build the reports that will be meaningful for your organization.
It's a great tool for tracking customer interactions and sales team activities. If you know how to build your own customized report, it is very useful and easy to manage!
HubSpot Sales is used to help outbound prospecting efforts. Our sales team (business development and account executives) use it daily to track emails, create email templates, and help book meetings.
  • Email tracking is big for our team. HubSpot does a great job showing exactly when your emails are being opened, what device or location it is being opened from, or if they click on specific links within the email.
  • HubSpot integrates directly into Gmail. You can schedule emails to be sent out at certain times which is really useful. You can also save templates or snippets for generic emails that you use frequently so you don't have to go back and copy and paste.
  • No major areas of concern or missing features. I often open my own emails to look back at what I wrote previously and that gets registered as an email open. I would like if they could detect that you are the one opening it.
I think its a great tool for any team doing outbound prospecting via email. Email tracking and the meeting link sync to your calendar so you do not have to go back and forth over email trying to find times that work for your prospect. You can simply send them a link and they can pick the time that works best for them and it automatically sets up a calendar invite.

If your sales team is mostly doing prospecting via phone then it may not be as useful as most features are geared toward emails.
We use HubSpot Sales in our sales organization. It is our CRM, we track all contacts and deals as well as KPIs for sales performance in HubSpot. I use it to track how our sales people are performing and report on it weekly. The team uses it to make sure none of our leads slip through the cracks. Their task lists keep them on the right track. We also use the marketing automation and the service hub.
  • The integration of the platform is seamless. I've used HubSpot's marketing automation with another CRM and the integration was always a work in progress.
  • I like to compare it to Apple in the sense that it comes out of the box pretty user-friendly and does not take a ton of configuration to get it working (this is relative, of course-I'm comparing mostly to Salesforce).
  • HubSpot does have great and easy integration with many third-party apps. A lot of them are just a click of a button to turn on.
  • Part of what makes HubSpot easy to use, also makes it frustrating. There are some things I would like to be able to configure, or to be able to make certain fields dependent, etc. and I cannot.
  • The system does seem to lag when trying to pull up reports, moving from one page to another, searching for contacts, and searching for deals.
  • The reporting functions are not fully baked. Like I should be able to easily build a report on close rate of contacts, but I'm not able to.
HubSpot works great for smaller teams that are perhaps adopting marketing automation for the first time, especially since the CRM is free and integrates so well. They offer a lot of education to help users figure things out on their own. The videos and tutorials are great.

There are some limitations to tracking recurring revenue, so if you have a membership/subscription model where people pay monthly for things, it is hard to track that. If you want a super robust reporting business intelligence type of system, you will not get it with HubSpot. You can probably add on a third party that would help get you there.
The tool is being used by SDRs and AEs to make calls, send emails, and use sequences. It helps with touching many prospects at once while removing repetitive tasks. It also tracks email opens, clicks, and stores that info our in our CRM.
  • Email tracking is very good and quick. I get fast notifications when someone opens an email which is nice.
  • Sequences, this helps me keep in touch with a lot of prospects and keeps my message looking one on one.
  • Snippets - this is super handy, as I can store quick objection lines or other content easily and access it fast.
  • Sequences - needs to be more than 5 emails.
  • Better calling tools, local dialing, voice mail drop, and text should be a part of the stack.
It is a good tool, if you are looking for something more robust there are other options out there. However, if you are looking to run inbound methodology, HubSpot sales was built around inbound. It works well; the UI is easy to learn and it makes sense.
Tom Wondra | TrustRadius Reviewer
HubSpot Sales is being used by the entire organization. The Sales team uses it to track and monitor deal flow and contacts, as well as task management to ensure things don't fall through the cracks.

Executive Management uses HubSpot Sales to monitor deal progress and track sales estimates and expected close timing.
  • Integration into GSuite/Gmail. The setup is super simple, and eliminates the need for duel entry as contacts and email streams flow freely from Gmail into HubSpot.
  • Task Management. Tasks are easy to setup by deal, company or individual. The reminders help keep users on task.
  • Funnel Management. It is easy to see where deals are in the funnel, and to manage deals if they stall.
  • Visualization of the funnel. There is a kanban-type board for deal flow, but it could be presented better visually to make it easy to manage.
  • Reporting. The reporting is ok, but leaves a lot of room for improvement.
  • Notes Editor. You can add notes to each deal, company, or contact, but there aren't any basic editing tools in the text box. For example, a simple bullet button, italics, bold, etc. would go a long way in making the taking of notes within HubSpot much easier.
HubSpot Sales is well suited for sales teams that want to really use a CRM. As with any tool like this, it is only as effective as the willingness of the team to use it. Adoption is easy and the overhead of keeping it updated is not real heavy. It seems to be most ideally suited for smaller teams, but I could see it being quite effective for larger teams, as well.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
Edward Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by the marketing department. Hubspot has helped us simplify several marketing activities and make these consistent. It has allowed us to be much more intentional and in a timely manner.
  • Tracking our pipeline/funnel to see where people are and how the team is doing.
  • Helps us track prospects closely to see how they are engaging.
  • Implement live chat resources.
  • Ability to sync with more programs.
  • It is expensive.
Their marketing knowledge is unmatched compared to others.
Read Edward Phillips's full review
Michael McBrien | TrustRadius Reviewer
HubSpot is now the cornerstone for our company to collect and maintain our contact and sales data. We have integrated it with our ERP and it gives a single place to access our customer's information, browsing habits, and market segmentation.
  • Easy access to a large amount of information for our sales and marketing team.
  • Fantastic API for integrating with other services.
  • Robust email marketing tools allow us to send targeted, timely emails to our customers.
  • It's relatively expensive, especially for a large number of contacts.
  • HubSpot does a bunch of things, but some items like tasks lack important features like export and import.
HubSpot Sales handles custom sales funnels extremely well. Our team has defined a dozen different sales funnels that are unique to each area of our business. The familiarity makes it easy for all of our users to understand what is going on and for our leadership to view sales forecasts and ensure we are on track to reach our goals.

HubSpot also is THE leader when it comes to inbound marketing methodology, major features like included and built into the system like buyer personas.
Read Michael McBrien's full review
Emily Ciavolino | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales and marketing teams use HubSpot. In addition, to being a great tool for both teams, it's helpful for our sales/marketing relationship, process, and analytics.
  • Integrations - PandaDoc, Chrome, Intercom, and more amplify HubSpot's impact on the team
  • Automation - One of our core values is #work-smarter, and HubSpot enables that for our sales team
  • Analytics - I know they're working on these now, and they' helpful, but somehow we're still running into things we can't do on their dashboard. We're still frequently exporting our data to manipulate in excel. Also, the analytics dashboards are complex enough that it's taken AEs awhile to engage with HubSpot analytics and get actionable insights.
HubSpot is great for marketing and inbound sales. You'll need additional tooling for outbound sales.
Read Emily Ciavolino's full review
Erin St. John | TrustRadius Reviewer
We began with the free Sales access, and quickly added the Marketing and paid Sales access for automated email campaigns that would generate leads for our sales team. Our sales team used the software for 6 months, and when the executive management met internally they were wowed with how the sales team was using HubSpot with such ease and the reporting capabilities the software has. We purchased Service Hub as soon as it was made available and have been using it for 6 months as well. Before, we had no utilized central system to see the relationship between Marketing, Sales, and Operational Service. The communication and understanding across departments have increased significantly, as have our ability to serve our customers effectively and proactively.
  • HubSpot has a fantastic response to user suggestions. They keep a finger on the pulse and are always monitoring the issue and suggestion discussion boards. I have, more than a handful of times, made suggestions on either the board or with a customer representative and have seen the change made or an improvement to the issue released relatively quickly. This is LEAPS better than other software companies we have dealt with in the past.
  • HubSpot provides the ability to create sales automation that a non-developer can effectively build and benefit from. This has saved our company costly development fees that we've paid to other software platforms in the past.
  • HubSpot is an ever-updating platform that constantly wows our teams with new improvements and solid integrations.
  • The "Schedule" tab on a company or contact page. It seems to be specifically for users who also utilize Google Calendar. Our company must overlook it and explain that it is not relevant for our use. If we cannot also use it, please give us the option to hide it or lock it.
  • When creating deals and tickets, the "create" slide-out must always include the same fields. Since many departments use these and have their own pipelines, it would be nice to have different "create" properties based on the pipeline.
  • Better reporting capabilities on "products."
  • More abilities to customize "quotes," ie drag and drop modules, more options for attaching terms of service and master service agreements and providing signatures for each. Ability to remove the user's photo.
  • A true admin user for a company account, i.e. having the ability to access the user's basic information and have advanced controls per user.
HubSpot is a very scalable platform. If you're a small company, begin (as we did) with the free offerings and see if it's right for you. As you add services and get buy-in from your employees, you'll quickly find that your users will want the paid offerings. The prices are fair, the service is excellent, and the offering works so seamlessly. It's quick to learn, and you risk nothing with trying it. Our medium-sized company's business model is very complex and we have adopted it throughout Marketing, Sales, and Operations.
Read Erin St. John's full review
Robert Belton | TrustRadius Reviewer
HubSpot Sales was being used with our business development and inside sales teams to gain industry contact information with relevant decision makers, and build automated engagement/marketing campaigns via email. Both teams utilized the structured campaign feature for both long-term clients and prospects to keep our audience engaged and introduce new content.
  • Analytics - knowing when a prospect opens a particular email and what they do with it is very valuable.
  • Interface / Appearance - very clean and easy to navigate and use for any skill level of user.
  • Mass Email - There is no function to mass email your contact lists all at once. You can enter them in a sequence and build a list, but you would still need to go through each record and click the send button. When covering large areas with the same message, that is disappointing.
For a clean and easy to navigate sales tool used to gain data and contact information, you're in good hands with HubSpot Sales. If you are looking for a platform to fully automate prospecting and email marketing efforts, you may find some of the functionality (or lack of) disappointing in some instances. One thing Hubspot Sales does very well is integrate with most of the "big" CRMs out there (like Salesforce).
Read Robert Belton's full review
James Reich | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 26, 2018

HubSpot Sales is a winner

I am currently leveraging HubSpot Sales for email tracking for both sales and marketing campaigns. It allows me to get a better understanding of who is reading and opening my messages which can be very advantageous, especially when prospecting for new clients.
  • Email Tracking
  • Notification of links being accessed and emails being forwarded
  • Good database that stores contact for future outreach
  • Hold good statistics on email campaigns and outreaches
  • Sometimes you get false positives like someone opened your email 25 times in 5 minutes, but this is very rare.
It is great for high-volume email marketing and everyday sales for email. Also, it is good for anyone wanting to know when and who is opening their emails.
Read James Reich's full review
Toby Mei | TrustRadius Reviewer
HubSpot Sales is used in a bundle with other HubSpot products - HubSpot CRM and HubSpot Marketing. HubSpot sales is used in the Sales Department to improve their productivity. It helps with activity tracking, meeting/appointment scheduling, phone call/email tracking, email templates, etc. It also has a Gmail plugin that helps connect Gmail to HubSpot.
  • Tracking email activity: email is opened, the attachment is viewed
  • Templates: quickly create emails and replies
  • Template and webpage to schedule meetings without going back and forth
  • Nothing specifically for our business needs
If you already are using HubSpot Marketing and CRM, HubSpot Sales is a very nice add-on to increase the productivity
Read Toby Mei's full review
Marc Herschberger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales team uses HubSpot Sales as a support tool for prospecting as well as an organization tool for the sales cycle and our tracking of it. Overall, it helps our team be more effective and efficient with their selling time while giving our management team greater visibility into sales activity and numbers.
  • Makes our sales team's lives easier through simple technology.
  • Gives greater visibility to management when it comes to sales metrics.
  • Some of the data accuracy pieces are still getting nailed down by HubSpot, so super technical or complex items sometimes aren't best done in this tool.
  • This isn't an enterprise tool YET. It's getting there but was mainly built for SMB's.
HubSpot Sales is well suited for small to medium sized sales teams who are looking to technology for the first or second time to drive efficiency and effectiveness. It's less appropriate at the moment for larger sales teams that have complex systems and reporting needs, although it can still get the job done.
Read Marc Herschberger's full review
We use Hubspot Sales to run all of our deal sourcing and business development. Our team is divided into a Sales team (finding clients and partners) and a Strategy team (professional services with clients and partners). Hubspot Sales is used mostly by our Sales team.

The pipeline features align our team. Hubspot Sales has been most valuable as the single source of truth for our client and partner sales pipeline. Our teams can instantly see what deals are in the pipeline, how much revenue we expect in the next month(s), and where the bottlenecks in our sales process are.

We get huge efficiency gains from communication features. Every part of our sales process is templatized, using the Hubspot Sale Templates and Sequences features. This allows us to send around 10x the number of emails and communication to clients and partners in our pipeline, and rapidly move them through the pipeline to closed deals.
  • Automatic tracking and logging of email threads so the whole team can see the conversation with a lead and easily collaborate on closing a deal.
  • Enables our team to share best practices through testing and measuring the performance of templates, then refining and sharing email templates that work well across the whole team.
  • We get most of our business from referrals. Hubspot makes it easy to run reports to see which of our referring partners are the highest-value, so we can take action to nurture those referring partners.
  • The workflow features seem cool but are actually fairly clunky and hard to implement.
  • I really wish there were easier ways to automate communication tied to the deal stage in our sales pipeline. E.g., if I move a deal forward to a new deal stage, I wish Hubspot could automatically send an email template to the contact associated with the deal.
  • The landing pages look like crap and are somewhat hard to deploy. I use Unbounce instead.
Great use case: If you have multiple salespeople, Hubspot makes it really easy to share and hand off email threads so the whole team can see the conversation with a lead and easily collaborate on closing a deal. Bad use case: We tried to use Hubspot as a tool to track our fundraising round. I don't recommend it, it ended up being too much work to manage.
We use Hubspot Sales for a wide range of things that before were using a combination of disparate systems, e.g. email templates & sequences, CRM, meeting links, dialer and call recording, forecasting & reporting, marketing collateral management, tasks & reminders, etc. We use Hubspot Sales for our sales team and have been also utilizing their marketing product within that same time frame, however, we've recently also added their client success suite on as well, which has eliminated even more isolated systems that weren't 'talking' with each other.
  • Overall usability and UX/UI is LIGHT-YEARS easier than Salesforce as a CRM. We invested a ton of money moving from Hubspot CRM to Salesforce thinking we needed some more robust capabilities only to move back to Hubspot Sales after realizing incremental reporting improvements were vastly outweighed by the frustration and inefficiency of no longer having Hubspot. I now dread the day we ever have to move to something more robust and hope that Hubspot continues the robustness of their product so that we never have to!
  • One of the best things about Hubspot is having so many tools consolidated under one platform. It eliminates the need for a separate sales engagement platform (Outreach, Salesloft, etc), dialer, meeting booking tool (e.g. Calendly, Chili Piper) and ties into Hubspot's Marketing suite (they are stronger in this area than their Sales product currently, since it's always been their bread and butter) as well as new Client Success tools.
  • The support is pretty decent as well. Sometimes I've received email answers that weren't helpful, however, I will say that it's very easy to submit a ticket or live chat around questions.
  • The main thing Hubspot can improve on in their Sales product is the 'depth' of how to configure things. For instance, it's much easier in Salesforce to associate things like buyers & re-sellers or more complex sales than a simple SaaS sale.
  • Many of my gripes about the product have actually been addressed in the last 6 months alone -- I'm really hoping they continue this pace of innovation.
I would 100% recommend Hubspot Sales to any small to mid-size company to orchestrate all sales & marketing workflows and data. The only instance where it may not be well suited are for larger enterprise companies that have more complex needs that can only be addressed by a behemoth product like Salesforce (which is not a pleasant experience but a necessary evil in some instances).
We use Hubspot Sales to organize our sales process better and to automate it as much as we can. Hubspot Sales gives us all the tools for that, starting with email templates and followups. As well as tracking email opens, and automatically logging prospect data and email conversations to Hubspot CRM. So far, we are very happy with the tool.
  • It's great at tracking email opens, clicks and providing information about it.
  • I love how Hubspot Sales allows us to create email templates and use them during the sales process. It helps to automate but still keeps the ability to personalize the emails.
  • It's great how Hubspot Sales integrates with HubSpot CRM so all the conversation and prospect info is synced and logged in to the CRM.
  • Sometimes I get randomly logged out from Hubspot Sales Chrome extension on my Gmail and I can't understand why. But overall, the experience is pretty great!
Hubspot Sales can be used by very different customer profiles. You can be an individual, a freelancer, an agency, a startup, or even a big corporation and Hubspot Sales will be able to solve your needs in any of these cases.
HubSpot Sales is being used by our B2C sales force. Our call center creates contacts and either schedules appointments for the sales folks or hands the qualified lead off to a salesperson to follow up on. In both instances, the contacts are created in HubSpot and our sales team uses HubSpot to get the contact's information and make notes on follow up. Depending on the customer's persona, we also have nurturing campaigns set up in HubSpot, as well. HubSpot helps us keep all of our customer contact information in one spot.
  • HubSpot Sales is very user friendly for our sales team who is often on the road. They have the app downloaded on their iPads and can update contacts no matter if they are in the office or not.
  • Our sales team appreciates the different views available for Deals. This makes it super simple for them to find what they are looking for.
  • Reporting is simple with HubSpot. There are pre-built reports and dashboard items that are user-friendly or you can customize whatever you are trying to get KPI's on.
  • Sometimes, help isn't readily available. If you put a ticket in, they will get back with you, but it might take a day, which can be frustrating if it's something urgent on your end.
We have developed our entire sales and marketing strategy with HubSpot's capabilities in mind. Our call center, sales team, and marketing group all use HubSpot to do their jobs. We use HubSpot's sales and marketing capabilities for every step in the sales cycle. We are able to segment our contacts and provide the most useful information to each persona.
HubSpot Sales is being used by both our Sales and Customer support team as a CRM. Clients register on our website-- which integrates with HubSpot-- to register their contact info for our teams. Using the information, our Sales team is able to get in touch with the client. Additionally, we use HubSpot's Gmail plugin to track emails, conversations and whether an email has been opened or not. Our support team uses this information to track customer relationships and support our clients.
  • Track email correspondence
  • Provides background info on clients (Linkedin / Existing Hubspot customers)
  • Integrates with various different services (Segment, Mailchimp, Zapier)
  • Migrating information from other CRMs isn't straightforward
  • The HubSpot gmail integration constantly needs you to log in when you restart your browser
  • Dashboards are rather minimalistic
HubSpot Sales is well suited if you have a small to medium sized sales and customer support team. The larger your team, the more users you will need on your account. This can get very costly. HubSpot Sales has a powerful framework with a lot of bells and whistles but ensuring that you can afford it is key. Otherwise, you may just be able to use HubSpot CRM or a cheaper alternative to achieve what you're looking for.
It is being used by the Sales and Service team (to track deals from initiation to delivery) as well as by Accounting & Finance (to forecast cash flows and manage accounts receivable).
  • Allows the customization of the workflow of sales, production and delivery process.
  • Manages communication with customers
  • Has robust search functionality
  • Integration with Gmail and/or Outlook needs to allow for linking emails to specific deals, not just to contacts or companies
  • Open API
Fantastic for web-based sales, especially retail. Not as well suited for firms which need to handle both sales and manufacturing.
I use HubSpot to track my email activity, see when recipients have opened the messages and where they have opened them from.
  • Tracks emails without me having to do anything once the extension is installed.
  • Real-time updates when the email is reopened, where, and with what device.
  • Sometimes I know the location is off based on who the email was sent to.
  • It would be nice to see the tracking on forwarded emails
It's good for tracking email activity but it would be nice if it would show when an email was forwarded. Email templates are easy to use, edit, and customize for each email blast. I'm sure there is a lot I have not explored and there are a lot of features I do not know how to use.
Marissa White | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a sales operations consultant and needed a CRM system to manage my contacts and business activity. HubSpot sales does everything I had as a bare minimum requirement and quite a bit more and would recommend it as an excellent CRM to anyone working as an individual or managing a small sales force.
  • Excellent e-mail and calendar integration with Gmail. I believe it also does it with Outlook.
  • Templates are excellent for emails. I use a standard template to reach out to people that have downloaded collateral or signed up to my mailing list which I then customise based on my research. It really saves time by having a standard format with some verbiage I've written.
  • Super easy to customise fields and add items to picklists, etc.
  • I really like the ability to know who has viewed my documents and track that.
  • It tells me prospects in terms of which domains are on my website.
  • With a growing organisation there is a limit to the size and complexity of business that would use HubSpot. Once you want to look at things integrated company and contact data, incentive automation, sales enablement content platforms, CPQ, etc you will really be looking to move to Salesforce. That being said, Why buy a Ferrari when you just need a bicycle? Hubspot is an excellent solution to provide small, immature sales businesses a way to track activity and deals.
  • Support for free licenses isn't great (which is fair) but finding training material isn't as intuitive as it should be.
  • Can't think of any others!
Considering HubSpot there really is a good customer use case and a bad use case. I'd say its a 9.5/10 recommendation for some and a 1/10 for others.

Well-suited
- Individual consultants (I heard a story that some have use cases such as tracking dates) - its really ideal for single operators, especially the free version
- Small to medium businesses with small sales teams and simple processes
- No need to integrate to other systems
- Simple reporting needs

Poorly suited
- Established businesses looking to cost cut with CRM
- High volume businesses
- Complex sales processes
- Businesses looking to connect to more complex reporting or visualisation tools or do complex analysis
Read Marissa White's full review
Stephanie Casstevens | TrustRadius Reviewer
At Label Insight our sales / customer development and customer success teams are using HubSpot Sales (Pro version) as well as Salesforce. For us, it's made us more efficient at things like sending emails that are often similar but with a touch of personalization, scheduling meetings with external people, sharing and tracking documents, and more. Also, we can easily track opens, clicks, and emails in our CRM (Salesforce).
  • Never waste time copy/pasting emails again - templates are a lifesaver!
  • Easily log sales emails and engagement in HubSpot and/or your external CRM
  • Awesome document tracking capabilities
  • Real time open & click notifications
  • When creating new contacts from the sales extension/email log in CRM it defaults to subscriber. *UPDATE!!* 4/25 HubSpot emailed me this morning about this and said they made an update which set the default lifecycle stage to lead in the sidebar (sales extension)!! YAY!
  • There used to be a check box in "log in CRM" to default to "always log in CRM" but it's gone...I'm not sure why!
  • It'd be nice if you could associate people with multiple companies or "past company" were an option.
  • Emailing two people in one email is difficult with tracking and tracking replies, especially when separate and not replied to all, is challenging.
HubSpot Sales is great for making your salespeople more efficient and taking out some of the tedious, administrative work that..let's face it, sales reps aren't great at. HubSpot Sales gathers a lot of information automatically and makes it easy to clean up contact data and follow-up with qualified leads. Just like the powerful marketing automation tool workflows, sequences are the salesperson's tool to contextual, personalized follow up without having to remember to send follow-ups, schedule task reminders, etc. Plus you can track the performance of specific sequences, email templates, etc., over time to improve!
Read Stephanie Casstevens's full review

About HubSpot Sales

Sidekick is a sales intelligence solution. Some key features include: Email Profiles and Email Tracking.

HubSpot Sales Technical Details