- Coupa is rated higher in 1 area: Likelihood to Recommend
Likelihood to Recommend
Our main goals were to drive value by focusing on adoption by all, increased visibility in spend, and compliance. Coupa is very easy to use and does not feel like an ERP. Our end users like the easy to use, intuitive interface. A side benefit that we have experienced is that we were able to get rid of a shadow system that our IT department was using to track spending. They are able to use Coupa to track committed and actual spend and reconcile it their budgets and forecasts.
Emburse Abacus is well suited for mid-market organizations that are open to - or embrace - the concept of real-time processing of expense transactions. Emburse Abacus takes a radically different approach from other platforms that rely on modeling paper-based monthly (or periodic) expense reports containing multiple expenses submitted simultaneously. Emburse Abacus allows each transaction to be very rapidly processed individually so that approving managers and accounting professionals are able to perform review tasks and identify potential problems throughout the entire month, relieving the massive monthly influx of large numbers of expense reports simultaneously.
- Ease of use. No IT support is needed. As the procurement manager, I'm also the Coupa administrator. I have the ability to configure, correct, manipulate, etc., the system to our needs.
- No on-going training. The system, both P2P and Sourcing are incredibly intuitive. Many SAAS modules change dramatically with each new version and require additional training. Coupa does a great job of putting updated, searchable documents on-line to augment any additional training employees may need.
- Rock solid stability. Coupa is never down, they far exceed the SLAs we have in place with them. I've never had a catastrophic failure or outage with them.
- SOX compliancy. Need I say more? My internal and external audit teams have given the tool more than a passing grade.
- Thought leadership. The tool is constantly evolving to live up to the high expectations of its user base. The Coupa Community has skin-in-the-game and Coupa listens to our needs/wants as well as adding their own cutting edge touches to the tool.
- User-Friendly Interface: Reviews from our employees (ages ranging from 20s-70s) are all positive in regards to the ease of submitting an expense and getting reimbursement on Abacus
- Timely Reimbursement: After final approval, money hits user accounts within 2 days
- Approval routing: ability to set up multi-tier complex approval routes
- Syncs with Sage Intacct: pushes entries on a day to day basis in to Intacct and it hits our GL accordingly
- Abacus is competitively priced compared to the competition
- Abacus utilizes "by expense" management. Getting rid of expense reports and batch reports (they do have an option where you can batch if need be)
Employee in Finance and AccountingMedical Devices Company, 11-50 employees
- I would like to see an image of my uploaded documents. I see the success message but always have to check it after to make sure it is the right one. A preview of that image would help. One that I can click on and view.
Program Manager in SalesComputer Software Company, 501-1000 employees
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Coupa Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Emburse Abacus Editions & Modules
- per active user/per month
Additional Pricing Details—
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Emburse Abacus 9.0
Based on 18 answers
I have never had to contact Abacus support and have not heard stories from any of my colleagues having to do so either. Our accounting department stresses the ease of Abacus and has not voiced any concerns with the software or the product support team or the product support process.
Strategist in OtherPublic Relations & Communications Company, 51-200 employees
Concur was a lot easier and more user friendly for employees doing expense reports on their phone. That is not the case with Coupa. You must use your laptop to do expenses and our managers don't always have enough time to do that while out in the field working. This has caused some issues.
I chose Abacus because of its ease of use and flexible billing. The billing is based on the number of submissions rather than users in the system. Because we reimburse committee members, we have a lot of users in the system, but the activity can vary widely from month to month.
Return on Investment
- It has allowed for proper processing of expenses tied directly to the proper LOB and GL Codes
- Has taken the guesswork away and allowed for the proper budgets to be hit and reconciled
- Ease of use has led to mass adoption and more prompt processing of expenses
- It is giving reliable services.
- I am happy with its user-friendly services. Since I have issued the virtual and physical cards, I am getting real-time, and end-to-end control over my employee expenses. They can now easily go to visits and this has built their trust too. Further through receipts and expense details, I can easily control the pre-set budgets and easily configure rules to control spending.
- I will also like to praise their customer care team they are very helpful and always ready to assist.