<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.7 out of 101
Based on 41 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
It's great as a device-specific security code for authentication and good for an employee or business user with a business phone, etc. It would be less appropriate for an everyday user that switches phones often, depends on multiple devices, etc.
Employee in OtherAutomotive Company, 1-10 employees
- Easy implementation: The product is very easy to implement both from embedding it into the application and from end users using it via their smartphones.
- You can use Google Authenticator to manage multiple two-factor authentication keys.
- Easy to add keys options: You can scan a QR code to set up 2FA in Google Authenticator. You can also do a manual entry using the unique key provided by the application you are setting up 2FA for.
- I wish Google would work with partners more to make it easier to know if I can use Google Authenticator.
- This is lame but I wish the branding on the app reminded me more of Google than it does. I almost always go "where is this?" because I don't recognize the logo of the app.
- I'd love to see an "authorize app" button vs HAVING to put in the code. Lastpass Authenticator has this and it's great.
Manager in MarketingOnline Media Company, 51-200 employees
Google Authenticator 9.0
Based on 1 answer
I have not faced any technical challenge personally using this application. It's very lightweight and doesn't require many system resources on your mobile device.
Google Authenticator 7.8
Based on 5 answers
Ease of use from the user perspective. There is a very small learning curve involved from the deployment perspective. However, none is required from the user perspective. It's auto integration with other Google products like Gsuite not only provided our team the ability to deploy in a matter of hours but also brought down the operation cost of the product. The application is also backed by google ISO security standards which are necessary for ISO security compliant companies.
Professional in Information TechnologyReal Estate Company, 10,001+ employees
Google Authenticator has just become a key player in the industry. It's a piece of software that employees also will use privately if they know a bit of security. So it's easy to get users to use it as they already know if from Facebook or similar applications. If your end-users are happy and understand the tool, then you have an easier life as an IT guy.
Return on Investment
- Google Authenticator has a positive impact on our internal communication & security as it makes it slightly harder to accounts and sensitive information without authentication.
- Google Authenticator gives us a bit more peace of mind because we now know that we have an extra layer of security for our business related accounts. It is hard to place a monetary value on how valuable peace of mind and security can be.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?